i have faith.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:17 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
Last edited: 7/26/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2949post #44221 of 787211/27/13 at 10:41pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #44222 of 787211/28/13 at 12:00amQuote:Originally Posted by manchambo
I don't understand the logic of an incredibly fussy white French cuff shirt, no tie, pocket square, pin striped coat, woven belt, etc. But even if I could get over all that, I don't think I could ever accept the method of rolling the outfit up in a ball, putting it in a sack, and sitting on it for several hours, in lieu of the more common approach of laundry and pressing.
Please, be gentle!post #44223 of 787211/28/13 at 12:18am
PSG, that looks great. Tie looks like madder, I love that stuff.
PatrickBOOTH, though the last picture wasn't really needed, that's a very nice suit. I thought Ercole's stuff was leaner (mostly looking at NYR/NYI's commissions), but that's got a nice drape. Specially like your choice of trousers with a deep single forward pleat to be worn with braces. Do they have a fishtail back?post #44224 of 787211/28/13 at 1:00amThanks very much, guys.Quote:
It's either Minnis 0530 or 0531. I honestly can't remember which.
Cappelli brown repp.post #44225 of 787211/28/13 at 1:04ampost #44226 of 787211/28/13 at 1:09amQuote:overcoat steez (Click to show)Quote:
That's a really nice looking overcoat.
Don't think we've heard much about him on the forum.
I'd be very interested to hear some more / see some more photos if you could be persuaded to start a new thread.post #44227 of 787211/28/13 at 2:18am
this 3roll2 is superb, however I feel like your shirt collar could use a little less height in the back and a little more in the front. that has to be more than 4cm in the back.
the lighting leaves a lot to be desired but let me show you what I meant:
comments about grooming are prohibited.
Edited by clapeyron - 1/28/13 at 3:12ampost #44228 of 787211/28/13 at 3:26ampost #44229 of 787211/28/13 at 3:51amQuote:You make a great point about the tie. irl the pocket sq is actually brighter than it looks and was choaen to do exactly as you suggested.Originally Posted by Ivar
Excellent illustration of an outfit where navy pants create a more coherent look than the traditional grey pants. The loud orange tie needs to be balanced out by some other strong color, and pants in any shade of grey would only serve to make the tie look even more glaring. Color blocking 101, really.
This is a great look provided that you're (1) very tanned; and (2) either grey-haired or fair-haired. Reminds me of this old Sartorialist pic (where I think you'll agree that the outfit would work better if the guy were a little grizzled):
The camera angle makes it a bit hard to tell, but I'm pretty sure the suit jacket is at least an inch or so too long; same goes for the shirt and jacket sleeves (at least half an inch too long). Apart from that, the suit might have potential. As for the rest of the outfit, I would reconsider the tie, the white shirt, and the way the hanky is pointed.post #44230 of 787211/28/13 at 4:39amMonday, and a day that promises a "wintry mix", hence the rain coat. Please note that I did not find it necessary to grab my crotch in the classic "Mangiare i miei testicoli" pose - perhaps I am not as passionate about my tailor as is PB about his.
Suit - BB MTM
Shirt - Tyrwhitt
Tie - BB
PS - Robert Talbott
Cufflinks - BB
Shoes - To Boot Adam Derrick via SFA
Rain coat - Burberry
Scarf - Johnston's of Elgin
Hat - Weatherproof
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #44231 of 787211/28/13 at 5:26ampost #44232 of 787211/28/13 at 5:43amQuote:Originally Posted by RDiaz
PSG, that looks great. Tie looks like madder, I love that stuff.
PatrickBOOTH, though the last picture wasn't really needed, that's a very nice suit. I thought Ercole's stuff was leaner (mostly looking at NYR/NYI's commissions), but that's got a nice drape. Specially like your choice of trousers with a deep single forward pleat to be worn with braces. Do they have a fishtail back?
I think a lot of what Frank can do is poorly reflected online. A lot of his customers that post pictures have styles that are outside of a lot of the "groupthink" on here. I've been working with Frank for ~3 or 4 years now and he basically knows what I like at this point. As for the trousers, they have a split back.Quote:
Thanks a bunch. It is actually Harrisons something or another. Forex would probably know better since I tagged along with his order from Huddersfield.post #44233 of 787211/28/13 at 5:46amQuote:
I am fairly olive with dark brown hair. I think you're just a jealous Swede.post #44234 of 787211/28/13 at 5:59amI struggled to leave the court after the weekend, but duty, or rather mandatory attendance, called me back to school.
Gasp! Navy trousers!
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Tie - Drake'sWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Shirt - Eton
Cardigan - Gant
Manchester trousers - Charles Tyrwhitt
Belt - Italigente
Socks - Falke
Shoes - Loake
Scarf - Johnston's
Gloves - Hestra
Coat - Zara
Bag - FilsonI'm generally not a fan of such tie patterns, but you just threw my world view out the window, Mr. Guy. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Edited by Enthusiasm - 1/28/13 at 6:29ampost #44235 of 787211/28/13 at 6:51am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
- › ENZO BONAFÉ MTO and GMTO Central 1 second ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 15 seconds ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 34 seconds ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 1 minute ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 2 minutes ago
- › GMTO: Carmina Chocolate Brown Suede Oxford or My Next OneShoe 2 minutes ago
- › Salesman, Construction Industry ~ Lost In My Own Closet 3 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › Ongoing Bespoke Projects 7 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...