What he said. BTW, please use spoilers when quoting pic posts. It's a pain in the ass trying to read stuff from a cell phone otherwise.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:14 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Yesterday at 11:17 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2945post #44161 of 787221/27/13 at 7:51am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #44162 of 787221/27/13 at 7:59ampost #44163 of 787221/27/13 at 8:00ampost #44164 of 787221/27/13 at 8:03am
Overcoat and suit are from my tailor in Naples, Raffaele Iorio.
The shirt has been made by Vincenzo Prisco.
Tie is E.G. Cappelli, square from Rubinacci.
Umbrella - Mario Talarico.
Gloves - black peccary, bought in Florence.
Watch - Breguet Marine on a rubber strap.post #44165 of 787221/27/13 at 8:13ampost #44166 of 787221/27/13 at 8:17ampost #44167 of 787221/27/13 at 8:26am
they are bresciani. no idea where he got them though.Quote:Originally Posted by Cantabrigian
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)I'm kind of the anti-Spoo today.
Not seen navy pindot accent socks and G&G Hove in dark brown.
In the shade, the trousers and blazer look somewhat similar. But each has a good deal of texture - 4ply hopsack blazer and fresco trousers - so neither looks like an orphaned suit piece. And in the sunlight, the flecks of white in the trousers are very different from the much more matte jacket.
quite nice. deets on the tie please?post #44168 of 787221/27/13 at 8:34ampost #44169 of 787221/27/13 at 8:45ampost #44170 of 787221/27/13 at 9:03ampost #44171 of 787221/27/13 at 9:08ampost #44172 of 787221/27/13 at 9:09ampost #44173 of 787221/27/13 at 9:12ampost #44174 of 787221/27/13 at 9:21amQuote:
I agree whole heartedly. I have a gray and two navy's with a third on its way (and another gray, but it looks like an orphaned suit jacket). When I joined SF all I had were solid suits (with an odd pin stripe or herringbone), so my knee jerk reaction was to purchase non-solid sport coats. Now I've figured out what I like (and what I like are solids). I think the only exception I'll be making as far as non-solid SC's will be for British tailoring from the 1960's (that jacket is 1967 Chester Barrie)post #44175 of 787221/27/13 at 9:35am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › How many of you still wear raw denim? 4 minutes ago
- › 2015 50 Book Challenge 6 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Nick's Boots 10 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 11 minutes ago
- › Ralph Lauren Tailored Clothing/Suits Guide (2015 Update) 14 minutes ago
- › Ideal Suit Combination 21 minutes ago
- › new Yoox codes and sales - post them here 22 minutes ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 23 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 24 minutes ago
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan
- › Two Japanese Words Every Clothing Dork Should...