PS - I vote stitchy for SF Historian?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:40 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 7:31 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2939post #44071 of 787221/25/13 at 7:39am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #44072 of 787221/25/13 at 7:45am
Espú! The coat is great! Fantastic!Quote:
This looks crazy, but somehow I like it!Quote:Originally Posted by upr_crust
It's still cold in NYC, but I've decided to give the fur hat a rest and opted for a fedora (SoGent should be SoHappy), and as I'm meeting friends for drinks this evening, I've opted for something a bit less "casual Friday".
Suit - BB GF
Shirt - Tyrwhitt
Tie - Turnbull & Asser
PS - PRL
Cufflinks - David Donahue via Cable Car Clothiers, SF
Shoes - Bexley, Paris
Overcoat - BB
Scarf - Fortnum & Mason, London
Hat - Selentino
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Great, as usual!
Nice!post #44073 of 787221/25/13 at 8:00amQuote:Originally Posted by Claghorn
To follow up:
Re-read Ianiceman's post...saw that he was referring to a specific decade of checked coats, not just checked coats of past decades. So I should clarify that the boat is having an odd jacket that you really like but are struggling to come up with coherent combinations for. Anyway, here is mine, Sullivan and Woolley, 1965:
Found myself wishing I had a wool navy tie when I realized that I did, in fact, have one. Ended up going with donegal rather than flannel trousers and I think it worked...but the options are clearly very limited with this jacket. Tie, shirt, and pants...I struggle to match all of these with it. Really looking forward to getting it back from having the sleeves shortened.
Is Jacket vented? Release top button (unbutton) to open jacket up, less boxy...post #44074 of 787221/25/13 at 8:05am
It's double vented. It is very much not boxy in real life; the opposite...it's actually one of the most form fitting jackets I own. Though it is also possible that I'm not understanding boxy in this context (I always thought that "boxy" referred to the waist or chest needing to be narrowed).
Some jackets I like the top button buttoned. Others I'll wear with the top button rolled...but I want the top button to be completely hidden if this is the case, and I don't think that's possible with this jacket. This is one of several jackets that I think look better as a 3 button than as a 3 roll 2. At least, I feel more comfortable (appearance-wise) in them as a hard three button.post #44075 of 787221/25/13 at 8:07ampost #44076 of 787221/25/13 at 8:10ampost #44077 of 787221/25/13 at 8:17ampost #44078 of 787221/25/13 at 8:43amQuote:Originally Posted by acecow
More of the jacket I should have burned (according to some).
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I'm not a fan of this jacket (I like a bold check but not this one) but the jeans/shoes/shirt are a good (least-worst?) combination for it. I find the sweater is one extra colour too much for it though.
I do think that the informality of the jeans in particular helps sync up with the craziness of the jacket. Wide-wale cords would be another option. Maybe moleskin or cavalry twill too. In terms of footwear, you might also want to try brown chelsea boots or something like that if you want something different to the suede shoes.post #44079 of 787221/25/13 at 9:07ampost #44080 of 787221/25/13 at 9:10ampost #44081 of 787221/25/13 at 9:13amQuote:Originally Posted by Hampton
This looks pretty good, H. Very nice lapels on that suit. And Stolichnaya is great, though I prefer Moskovskaya. Makes a great white russianpost #44082 of 787221/25/13 at 9:17amQuote:Originally Posted by in stitches
Happy casual cashmere friday iGents! I think in retrospect the shoes are wrong maybe? Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I think if you're going to wear brown suede with navy, it has to be dark, dark brown. NOBD frequently does this well (in fact, he won several Friday Challenges with it back in the day, IIRC). I have tried the snuff/navy combo many times myself, and it just doesn't work IMO.post #44083 of 787221/25/13 at 9:18amQuote:Originally Posted by in stitches
Happy casual cashmere friday iGents! I think in retrospect the shoes are wrong maybe?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I don't think the shoes are bad, but I prefer black shoes on a fit like this one. I'm not sure why really, as I typically enjoy more color to less. But I'm finding that I prefer black shoes in navy/gray palettes. I think Booth is finally getting to me.post #44084 of 787221/25/13 at 9:39am
thanksQuote:Originally Posted by Orgetorix
I think if you're going to wear brown suede with navy, it has to be dark, dark brown. NOBD frequently does this well (in fact, he won several Friday Challenges with it back in the day, IIRC). I have tried the snuff/navy combo many times myself, and it just doesn't work IMO.
i agree, that was my thought once i saw the pics. NOBD is the master of suede.Quote:
interesting. i just have a hard time associating black with casual.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Ragged (!) Trousered Philanthropists 58 seconds ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 1 minute ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 3 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 4 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 11 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Vincero - Watches & Fine Leather Goods - Official Affiliate Thread 15 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 16 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 16 minutes ago
- › The Walking Dead (AMC) 17 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...