Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2937post #44041 of 787241/24/13 at 9:32pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #44042 of 787241/24/13 at 9:36pmpost #44043 of 787241/24/13 at 9:40pmpost #44044 of 787241/24/13 at 10:01pmQuote:
What boat is that? One that set sail in 1973 and has yet to make landfall?
Sorry chaps but these huge broad check jackets may get you praise from a handful of virgins on the internet but in the real world people are wondering why you are wearing clothes from the decade that style forgot.post #44045 of 787241/24/13 at 10:08pmpost #44046 of 787241/24/13 at 10:24pmpost #44047 of 787241/24/13 at 11:08pmQuote:Originally Posted by acecow
More of the jacket I should have burned (according to some). Still struggling to wear it tastefully, if that's even possible.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I think that the jacket goes well with those jeans, but that it would look even better with something that picks up a bit of colour in the jacket, but which is also understated (so, no, I'm not recommending that you wear it with orange trousers!).
For example, I think that it would look good with a pair of forest green or moss green corduroy trousers, light blue shirt (as you're wearing) and a dark brown or navy tie (perhaps a wool tie). Alternatively, you could switch things around and wear a pair of chocolate brown or navy cord trousers, and a dark green tie with a blue shirt.
It's a great-looking jacket and it looks as though it fits you very well.post #44048 of 787241/24/13 at 11:10pmHere's a cross-post from the Australian Member's thread:Quote:Originally Posted by Journeyman
After a bit of a break due to an all-too-brief family holiday, here is today's outfit:
- Charcoal suit by Herringbone Sydney;
- White and blue pencil-stripe shirt by Borrelli;
- Navy tie with origami crane print by Emporio Armani (bought in Singapore in 1996 - one of the oldest ties that I have that still gets any wear);
- Plain white linen pocket square by Kent Wang;
- Burgundy Pantherella cotton socks; and
- Chocolate-brown, plain captoe balmorals from Zegna's "fatte a mano" line.post #44049 of 787241/25/13 at 12:14ampost #44050 of 787241/25/13 at 12:34amQuote:Originally Posted by Ianiceman
What boat is that? One that set sail in 1973 and has yet to make landfall?
Sorry chaps but these huge broad check jackets may get you praise from a handful of virgins on the internet but in the real world people are wondering why you are wearing clothes from the decade that style forgot.
In this case I'm thinking of a checked (though nowhere near as loudly) Savile Row bespoke jacket from 1965. It fits like sex but I'm struggling to find pants that go perfectly with it (gray flannel seems to be the only thing I can get to work with it).
Getting the sleeves shortened at the moment, but the one night I wore it I got a lot of favorable comments about looking like I was a British actor from the 1960's. Granted most of the people were drunk and Koreans have some odd standards for fashion...
Regardless, a decades old look is obviously really difficult to pull off, and when it fails its fails miserably...but if you get the fit and the combination right, you look better than any equivalent recent trends (though obviously the classic looks...whatever they may be...are excluded from that comparison).
Edited by Claghorn - 1/25/13 at 4:31ampost #44051 of 787241/25/13 at 12:37am
Vince, that shirt needs to stand on it's own, not the kind of thing you want to wear with a jacket IMO. Not only that, but it's something for summer, not winter. Maybe with a nice pair of linen trousers. And the exploding PS is very distracting and matches the shirt too closely. I know you will do your own thing no matter what, but that is my opinion.post #44052 of 787241/25/13 at 12:38ampost #44053 of 787241/25/13 at 1:39ampost #44054 of 787241/25/13 at 1:47ampost #44055 of 787241/25/13 at 3:29am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 39 seconds ago
- › VASS and Epaulet MTO & Group Buy Thread 48 seconds ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 1 minute ago
- › The (hopefully) definitive thread on NYC tailors 3 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Clarks desert boots - 11.5, taupe suede 6 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › 2013 Kopping Retrospective / 2014 Kopping Plans 8 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 9 minutes ago
- › *** The official and awesome DIY thread *** 9 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)