BRAVE! I love this Jacket...
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:33 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 4:22 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest?Last edited: 5/10/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2937post #44041 of 787211/24/13 at 9:36pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #44042 of 787211/24/13 at 9:40pmpost #44043 of 787211/24/13 at 10:01pmQuote:
What boat is that? One that set sail in 1973 and has yet to make landfall?
Sorry chaps but these huge broad check jackets may get you praise from a handful of virgins on the internet but in the real world people are wondering why you are wearing clothes from the decade that style forgot.post #44044 of 787211/24/13 at 10:08pmpost #44045 of 787211/24/13 at 10:24pmpost #44046 of 787211/24/13 at 11:08pmQuote:Originally Posted by acecow
More of the jacket I should have burned (according to some). Still struggling to wear it tastefully, if that's even possible.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I think that the jacket goes well with those jeans, but that it would look even better with something that picks up a bit of colour in the jacket, but which is also understated (so, no, I'm not recommending that you wear it with orange trousers!).
For example, I think that it would look good with a pair of forest green or moss green corduroy trousers, light blue shirt (as you're wearing) and a dark brown or navy tie (perhaps a wool tie). Alternatively, you could switch things around and wear a pair of chocolate brown or navy cord trousers, and a dark green tie with a blue shirt.
It's a great-looking jacket and it looks as though it fits you very well.post #44047 of 787211/24/13 at 11:10pmHere's a cross-post from the Australian Member's thread:Quote:Originally Posted by Journeyman
After a bit of a break due to an all-too-brief family holiday, here is today's outfit:
- Charcoal suit by Herringbone Sydney;
- White and blue pencil-stripe shirt by Borrelli;
- Navy tie with origami crane print by Emporio Armani (bought in Singapore in 1996 - one of the oldest ties that I have that still gets any wear);
- Plain white linen pocket square by Kent Wang;
- Burgundy Pantherella cotton socks; and
- Chocolate-brown, plain captoe balmorals from Zegna's "fatte a mano" line.post #44048 of 787211/25/13 at 12:14ampost #44049 of 787211/25/13 at 12:34amQuote:Originally Posted by Ianiceman
What boat is that? One that set sail in 1973 and has yet to make landfall?
Sorry chaps but these huge broad check jackets may get you praise from a handful of virgins on the internet but in the real world people are wondering why you are wearing clothes from the decade that style forgot.
In this case I'm thinking of a checked (though nowhere near as loudly) Savile Row bespoke jacket from 1965. It fits like sex but I'm struggling to find pants that go perfectly with it (gray flannel seems to be the only thing I can get to work with it).
Getting the sleeves shortened at the moment, but the one night I wore it I got a lot of favorable comments about looking like I was a British actor from the 1960's. Granted most of the people were drunk and Koreans have some odd standards for fashion...
Regardless, a decades old look is obviously really difficult to pull off, and when it fails its fails miserably...but if you get the fit and the combination right, you look better than any equivalent recent trends (though obviously the classic looks...whatever they may be...are excluded from that comparison).
Edited by Claghorn - 1/25/13 at 4:31ampost #44050 of 787211/25/13 at 12:37am
Vince, that shirt needs to stand on it's own, not the kind of thing you want to wear with a jacket IMO. Not only that, but it's something for summer, not winter. Maybe with a nice pair of linen trousers. And the exploding PS is very distracting and matches the shirt too closely. I know you will do your own thing no matter what, but that is my opinion.post #44051 of 787211/25/13 at 12:38ampost #44052 of 787211/25/13 at 1:39ampost #44053 of 787211/25/13 at 1:47ampost #44054 of 787211/25/13 at 3:29am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 48 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 1 minute ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 2 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 3 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › Vanson/Styleforum/Thurston Bros slim fit Japanese double rider MTO 3 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 6 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › Carmina vs. Carmina for the Armoury 8 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan