or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2936  

post #44026 of 78724
My statement was that you are being very picky; nothing more, nothing less.
post #44027 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post

If you are limited to that jacket, then definitely go with horn over the others. You want to make the most use out of what you've got. MOP really only makes sense in spring and summer, and either MOP or silver will make it much more conspicuous that you're wearing the same jacket again and again. They are also much more casual.

Part of the reason you should stay away from khakis is precisely to make it less apparent the jacket is orphaned from a suit. Paired with pants so casual and rough-and-tumble, the jacket is even more slick and smooth in contrast.


That makes a lot of sense on both fronts. May I ask what type of trousers you'd suggest? I guess light gray flannels, but what else might I do?

post #44028 of 78724
Ain't nothing wrong with light grey flannels. Ask Luciano Barbera.

Other than grey, you could also do worsted trousers in tans and browns. The jacket color goes with a lot of things. The main point is that you need trousers to go with it that are more refined than a pair of khakis.
post #44029 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post

Ain't nothing wrong with light grey flannels. Ask Luciano Barbera.

Other than grey, you could also do worsted trousers in tans and browns. The jacket color goes with a lot of things. The main point is that you need trousers to go with it that are more refined than a pair of khakis.


Cool, thanks. Light gray flannels were already my next trouser purchase -- but I like the idea of a mid-brown worsted. I guess it works for me with the khakis because the colors go together, but the textures (I have to admit) don't cohere 100%.

post #44030 of 78724
Light grey trousers should be a staple in everyone's wardrobe. For autumn and winter, nothing is more versatile.
post #44031 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrateCustomer View Post

My statement was that you are being very picky; nothing more, nothing less.


We agree. I understand. Your statements were clear. They had nothing to do with my idea. They were all about me.

 

That by definition is an ad hominem attack or logical fallacy known as argumentum ad hominem.

 

Again, I remain un-offended.

 

Just realize that you did nothing to undermine my arguments or ideas, you merely attempted consciously or unconsciously to undermine me,the presenter of the idea. When you do that, the idea or opinion requires no defense and the truth of the idea stands unassailed. When you take that path, you merely confirm the truth of the idea, since your chosen course of action is against the presentation of the idea, as if to say, "I cannot undermine or attack the idea". In a competitive or adjudicated forum, your argument would lose by virtue of it having no real force.

 

Yes, I am picky. You will get no counter argument from me on that.

 

I am very picky about attire when it appears to be disharmonious. 

 

I made the claim that the outfit above is disharmonious. One that still stands unassailed by you or your arguments, since your arguments are only about me and imply that a picky person is worthy to make a claim of disharmony against the above outfit. You have made no counter claim that the outfit is in fact harmonious, nor have you stated the facts as to why it is harmonious.

 

To wit; "the tone of the steel bracelet mitigates the sportiness of the watch as it is complimentary and harmonious with the tone of the hard surfaces presented by the worsted wool and silk tie."

 

Cheers!

post #44032 of 78724


post #44033 of 78724
bastard.
post #44034 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by YRR92 View Post


That makes a lot of sense on both fronts. May I ask what type of trousers you'd suggest? I guess light gray flannels, but what else might I do?

 

Camel colored worsted or cavalry twills would be outstanding. Navy worsted or flannel. Bottle green or similar. Burgundy or brown.  All in winter.

 

For summer wear; cream summer weight flannels or navy linen trousers.

 

Various Glen and windowpane checks. Various houndstooth patterns.

 

Striped pants of every sort, lighter and darker.

 

What pants wouldn't go with it?

 

Don't over think this.

 

As for buttons;

 

For evening wear or business: silver would look best

 

For daywear or sportswear: MOP might look better

 

Two other low key options for evening/business wear would be gunmetal or darkish horn buttons.

post #44035 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by upr_crust View Post


Thank you. I don't necessarily disagree in re the hat, but it does the job, and with temperatures and wind chill factors being what they are this week, the hat stays in the picture until the temp's come back closer to 0C/32F. i understand completely. i'm just thinking you'd look smart in a felt fedora style of some sort & still keep the dome warm.

As for "playful" ties, I'll have to check my tie rack - ditto my supply of non double-cuff shirts. you'll obviously take my suggestions with a grain of salt & not sand since i clearly don't know your workplace dress code. your pictures alone say 'confident guy', so all i'm getting at is that confidence doesn't always have to be done to the 9s.
post #44036 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post


Correction: That watch should not be worn, period.

 

  can I have it ? i could aggravate the absolute chit out of some people @ work with that.

post #44037 of 78724
This needs to be on multiple pages

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post



post #44038 of 78724
SoGent,

For some reason I had trouble quoting your posting, but I'll respond to your comments in any case.

In re: hat - the weather is supposed to get a bit warmer here, and I've opted for a fedora for tomorrow, which, as you correctly note, looks better on me than the shearling/suede thing I've been wearing the last three days.

As for my work place dress code, I work in IT in a "business casual" environment, but in a large bank in the Wall St. area, so I've had the freedom pretty much to dress as I choose, so long as I don't scare the horses and don't violate laws of public decency (or wear T-shirts, jeans or sneakers - those ARE explicitly forbidden by the dress code). I've been where I am for a very long time, so my attire raises very few eyebrows.
post #44039 of 78724
More of the jacket I should have burned (according to some). Still struggling to wear it tastefully, if that's even possible.



post #44040 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by recondite View Post

 

I can't help but wonder how much more sophisticated this outfit would look if the watch was a thin dress watch with leather strap.

 

I am sure it's your favorite watch, but I see no difference between wearing a sports watch with a suit and replacing your dress shoes [or in this case, dress boots] with tennis shoes.

 

It is the same idea and creates the same image; one that is not harmonious.


Brown suede shoes would help...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III