i think it works fine butch. personally i wouldve skipped the tie but thats just a personal preference. love the boots!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/14/11 at 9:21am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 10/31/12 at 5:14pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 1/30/13 at 10:57pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Edited on 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Edited on 5/31/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- Cedarville Store
- Crane's Country Store
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Four Horsemen Shop
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Hiras Fashion
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Mes Chausettes Rouges
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Tanner Goods/Woodlands Supply
- Tate + Yoko
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Tiberias Clothing
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2933
I like the description of us. Probably right.
Another outfit idea for that suit: go very 1930s (something about the pattern & the style of the suit leans that way anyway). Think Indy when he's lecturing in class (actually, I think he wore a very similar suit in one of the movies, and paired it with a burgundy patterned bowtie and blue ?hairline-striped? shirt). I guess what I'm saying is that I wouldn't try to force it to look modern; it won't bend that way IMO. Go with its own flow. In a way, it's analogous to the 3pc flannel houndstooth I wore yesterday; there's no way I can wear that suit in a modern way; it's inherently old-fashioned.
Do you think a tweedy bowtie would work?
Brown Allen Edmonds lace-ups; a Brooks Brothers classic Oxford cloth button-down; a light brown cashmere Zegna sport coat, three-button model; tan Faconable slacks; tan Polo socks; Rolex GMT Master, steel and gold; Burberry trench coat, all cotton. It is storming in Los Angeles. Blame any misspellings on Mr. Spelling Check.
could you please quote, or mention, what posts you are referring to, as its almost impossible to understand what you are talking about.
SB Y U NO HAVE SUEDE SHOES THAT MAKES ME SAD!!
btw, great fit.
HF - thanks, man!
Whoops. I forgot that I have some crappy chocolate suede Bass chukkas. Sorry for the false alarm. But, still open to taking donations toward an upgrade.
Datum: The baristas at my regular morning cafe found this outfit worthy of compliments. One was particularly struck by the tie. Go figure. Still, while I don't dress to elicit comments from them, I don't mind when attractive women like what I'm wearing.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
S., sorry to say, but that jacket is not good. The cut, with the high buttoning stance and skinny lapels, makes it look like you are wearing a cropped lab coat.
Note another problem with skinny lapels: they leave your breast pocket dangling in empty space. Some overlap is preferred.
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- › The WAYWT Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 3 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 4 minutes ago
- › Critique my sleek new oxfords - style and fit! 4 minutes ago
- › Saddleback Leather Company - Official Affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › LeatherFoot: Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › new ties 5 minutes ago
- › Underwear color 5 minutes ago
- › 18 years old getting dressed for a party. 7 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III 7 minutes ago
- › Kiton Napoli WearRight Dark Green Soft suede Loafers 11.5 *Handmade* by BearBindell
- › Red Wing Men's 6" Iron Ranger Boot by ranger21
- › Alfred Sargent Moore by Harrydog
- › Bright orange green paisley pattern silk tie by Holtemor
- › Allen-Edmonds Men's Leeds Oxfords,Black,10 C by trouble
- › Jos. A. Bank Signature Gold 2-Button Wool Suit by JJTV
- › Frye Men's Wallace Oxford by RandyE
- › Momotaro 702 (15.7 oz, Deep Indigo) by El Argentino
- › J. Crew Ludlow by collin9338
- › To Boot New York Men's Sawyer Boot,Parma Doc Teak 432,9.5 M US by baronbvp
- › Cannes Film Festival Trend - Sunglasses by hollypowell
- › David Beckham - Style Icon by hollypowell
- › Style Icon - Brian Trunzo by hollypowell
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers) by alyssaw