Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:38 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2927
Styleforum Top Pickspost #43892 of 787191/23/13 at 2:56pmQuote:
Whatever, man. I contribute plenty of explicative commentary here. People bitch about that too. If I sometimes make a snippy statement, consider it an attempt at balance.post #43893 of 787191/23/13 at 2:57pmpost #43894 of 787191/23/13 at 3:03pmpost #43895 of 787191/23/13 at 3:13pmpost #43896 of 787191/23/13 at 3:14pmpost #43897 of 787191/23/13 at 4:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by Tirailleur1Quote:
Sigh foo please quit the trolling. If you are going to make constant off the mark statements about this thread I suggest you skip through it. I am sure there are other threads you enjoy on here right?
I for one welcome foos remarks since he only seldom graces us with his presence nowadays. so when he does his insights are somewhat refreshing.
he is like a solar eclipse, happens only once every couple months, it is always interesting/entertaining to watch but you better enjoy it quickly because if you gaze for too long you can damage your eyesight.
personally I would love to post an outfit to get some brutally honest criticism for once (most of the time you guys are just too nice), but the weather has been nasty the last couple of days in Germany so I'll probably sit this one out...post #43898 of 787191/23/13 at 6:14pmpost #43899 of 787191/23/13 at 6:20pm
Yup, I also want to know what can be done better. I've gotten to the point where I'm not doing anything too wrong (I think), but there are a lot of things that I could be doing a lot better. I think that's the hard part.
And from what little exposure I've had, Foo seems to spend a lot of time trying to understand exactly why he finds something aesthetically pleasing, which is why he's so good at explaining it, and why, as several people have already said, his content laden posts are almost always edifying (they force you to really understand why you agree or disagree with him).
The cult of personality is unfortunate though.
post #43900 of 787191/23/13 at 6:26pmpost #43901 of 787191/23/13 at 6:37pmpost #43902 of 787191/23/13 at 7:31pm
Today. FWIW, I want to buy a bunch more OCBDs, but I don't think any of them will be white. They will have nicer collars than this one.
I wasn't happy with the pics I snapped when I was wearing the bottom half, so here's the substitute.
EDIT: I just want to say that the whole "stitches shows his face" thing has totally drawn attention away from his really cool socks. Seriously, go back and check them out.post #43903 of 787191/23/13 at 8:40pmpost #43904 of 787191/23/13 at 8:43pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 2 minutes ago
- › Neckties: A Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 6 minutes ago
- › I think I hate San Francisco. 7 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 8 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 8 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 9 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 10 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 11 minutes ago
- › Tailor in London for a classic navy three piece wedding suit 14 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What products do I use and how to I care for...
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.