Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 11:58 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
Last edited: Yesterday
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2927
Styleforum Top Pickspost #43892 of 787211/23/13 at 2:56pmQuote:
Whatever, man. I contribute plenty of explicative commentary here. People bitch about that too. If I sometimes make a snippy statement, consider it an attempt at balance.post #43893 of 787211/23/13 at 2:57pmpost #43894 of 787211/23/13 at 3:03pmpost #43895 of 787211/23/13 at 3:13pmpost #43896 of 787211/23/13 at 3:14pmpost #43897 of 787211/23/13 at 4:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by Tirailleur1Quote:
Sigh foo please quit the trolling. If you are going to make constant off the mark statements about this thread I suggest you skip through it. I am sure there are other threads you enjoy on here right?
I for one welcome foos remarks since he only seldom graces us with his presence nowadays. so when he does his insights are somewhat refreshing.
he is like a solar eclipse, happens only once every couple months, it is always interesting/entertaining to watch but you better enjoy it quickly because if you gaze for too long you can damage your eyesight.
personally I would love to post an outfit to get some brutally honest criticism for once (most of the time you guys are just too nice), but the weather has been nasty the last couple of days in Germany so I'll probably sit this one out...post #43898 of 787211/23/13 at 6:14pmpost #43899 of 787211/23/13 at 6:20pm
Yup, I also want to know what can be done better. I've gotten to the point where I'm not doing anything too wrong (I think), but there are a lot of things that I could be doing a lot better. I think that's the hard part.
And from what little exposure I've had, Foo seems to spend a lot of time trying to understand exactly why he finds something aesthetically pleasing, which is why he's so good at explaining it, and why, as several people have already said, his content laden posts are almost always edifying (they force you to really understand why you agree or disagree with him).
The cult of personality is unfortunate though.
post #43900 of 787211/23/13 at 6:26pmpost #43901 of 787211/23/13 at 6:37pmpost #43902 of 787211/23/13 at 7:31pm
Today. FWIW, I want to buy a bunch more OCBDs, but I don't think any of them will be white. They will have nicer collars than this one.
I wasn't happy with the pics I snapped when I was wearing the bottom half, so here's the substitute.
EDIT: I just want to say that the whole "stitches shows his face" thing has totally drawn attention away from his really cool socks. Seriously, go back and check them out.post #43903 of 787211/23/13 at 8:40pmpost #43904 of 787211/23/13 at 8:43pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 58 seconds ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 1 minute ago
- › WTT: BLANC AND NOIR SIZE 42 HIGH TOPS FOR A SIZE 43 2 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 2 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) -... 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 4 minutes ago
- › SUPER SALE !! 4 BRAND NEW PAIR OF LIMITED EDITION BRIONI SHOES FOR... 5 minutes ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 6 minutes ago
- › Brand New: French Trotters - Black and Beige, Size 8.5US / 42 6 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...