or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2925  

post #43861 of 78723

My first foray into patterned PS territory. SquareFail or not?

 

post #43862 of 78723

Never contributed to this thread before so I'll throw in some pics from the immediate past.

 

post #43863 of 78723
Those red pants are awesome. I noticed with the shorter cut on those jackets, it makes your torso look very compact compared to your legs. With the picture containing the lighter coat paired with the button down shirt, this affect isn't as prevalent. I think this proportioning looks much better on you. It might also be the closed quarters on that jacket as well.
post #43864 of 78723

Thanks. And you are correct. I actually prefer non bum freezers my self as well, however finding the near perfect RTW jacket has most times led me to only finding bum freezers (I wish this trend of making short jackets would soon end). The problem of being 6 foot 2 and wearing a size 36 jacket with narrow shoulders :)
 

post #43865 of 78723
Konda: as we here just had this discussion about my jacket, I think your gray jacket looks off. It looks too short, but that's mostly due to poor front-back balance (correct me if I'm wrong). That is, the front looks weirdly "lifted" making you look like you have a pouch and creating the effect of a disproportionately short torso. But since I can't see the back of the jacket, maybe it's just too short. The other 2 seem fine.
post #43866 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinfjotli View Post

My first foray into patterned PS territory. SquareFail or not? Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


hard to see it, and im not a square guy anyways. but i will say the rest of the fit is very tasteful. i would only recommend a longer collar that reaches, and preferably goes under, your jacket lapels.
post #43867 of 78723
Holy f*ck, stitchy--how did you wind up with 36k+ posts in only two years?
post #43868 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post

Holy f*ck, stitchy--how did you wind up with 36k+ posts in only two years?

It's pretty impressive. His daily post counts are close to 100 many days. I don't even know where he is posting to get that many posts in a day. There must be some sneaky DT threads he's going nuts in...

Cue stitchy's reply to this in 5... 4... 3...
post #43869 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anden View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Eton shirt 
Caruso jacket (it's more brown than it appears in this photo.)
PS Stenströms
Tie is not as shiny IRL. It is probably due to the hip hipstamatic tweaks...

Brown trousers and cordovan wingtips not shown.



Even with a mental sheen deduction, I'm not sure that tie works with the jacket.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic Man View Post

I'm sure a lot of people wont like this Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
, but I did it anyway.




You are correct. biggrin.gif Seriously, though, the tie and hank are so shiny that they just clash with the nubby jacket fabric.
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

bu9yzesy.jpg


You really look nothing like I imagined. (Neither good nor bad thing, to be clear, just very different than what I expected. Kinda like when Darth Vader was unmasked...)

What made today your big internet debut day?
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0bbie View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)













Suit: Dior Homme
Shirt: T&A
PS: Kent Wang
Shoes: BB

.... improvement? or meh...?

Others have raised my objections to the choice of shirt and tie with that suit, so I'll just say, "Ditto."
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinfjotli View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
My first foray into patterned PS territory. SquareFail or not?



Does not look objectionable from this distance, but if you want more definitive reactions, you'll need a closer shot.
post #43870 of 78723
He must have the highest post-to-pocket-square ratio in the universe.
post #43871 of 78723





Ercoles
Yellow Hook Necktie Co.
Carmina
post #43872 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

Does not look objectionable from this distance, but if you want more definitive reactions, you'll need a closer shot.

 

 

The PS is Drakes Tigers in burgundy:

 

 

Unfortunately I don't have a closer shot :(

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by in stitches View Post


hard to see it, and im not a square guy anyways. but i will say the rest of the fit is very tasteful. i would only recommend a longer collar that reaches, and preferably goes under, your jacket lapels.

 

I agree with the shirt - definitely something I need to look for next time I buy shirts.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post

He must have the highest post-to-pocket-square ratio in the universe.
 

 

If this was directed to me, you may very well be right :)

 

Thanks for the comments anyways, guys!


Edited by sinfjotli - 1/23/13 at 2:05pm
post #43873 of 78723

post #43874 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post

Holy f*ck, stitchy--how did you wind up with 36k+ posts in only two years?

its really 2 years and 3 months. that is a lot different. right?

do you want a serious answer or a witty joak answer?

i would say, more importantly, did you like todays fit, but if you did not like it, i dont want to know. smile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by aravenel View Post

It's pretty impressive. His daily post counts are close to 100 many days. I don't even know where he is posting to get that many posts in a day. There must be some sneaky DT threads he's going nuts in...

Cue stitchy's reply to this in 5... 4... 3...

i post in many a place. im not sure if its impressive or grotesque.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

You really look nothing like I imagined. (Neither good nor bad thing, to be clear, just very different than what I expected. Kinda like when Darth Vader was unmasked...)
What made today your big internet debut day?

what did you expect. were you not expecting the handsome devil you now see before you?

i never really had an issue with posting my face, just never had a pic that i liked. this one, i like. i thought it was a nice pic all around.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post

He must have the highest post-to-pocket-square ratio in the universe.

i admit, this did make me LOL.
post #43875 of 78723

Stitchy, like the outfit! And yes the beard suits you cheers.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III