Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/14/11 at 9:21am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 12/2/13 at 4:49pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Bison Made
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Four Horsemen Shop
- GABE Tailored
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Jeffrey George
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Upstate Stock
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2922
Styleforum Top Picks
well, i have 2 pairs. before i explain further please everyone do not laugh at my fatness.
i too have a stomach, and "athletic" thighs. i got one pair in a size 38, that is my normal pants size, which i took out a tiny tiny bit, and i got another pair in dark gray in a size 40, that i had to take in at the waist about an inch and a half.
they both now fit the same in the waist, and although maybe the 38 technically fits me better, and looks great in pics, they really dont feel that awesome on my fat thighs and crotch area. the 40s however, look almost exactly the same, maybe dont look quite as nice in pics as the 38s, but feel so much better and are really really comfy. i would say if you are a little bigger in the gut/thighs, you are better off sizing up and then having a tailor take them in, and even maybe trim the width a tad if you want. just my experience.
No one's gonna laugh, at least not me - I'm about the same size at just 5'7"
What you mention is what I usually do on my RTW pants, and that is one of the reasons my trousers are so full; my waist is 36 inches, but I have to buy a size 38/40 so the darned things will fit around the lower stomach (front butt, others might say) and hips. Everything I found in that size (that I like) comes with huge legs, and I can't find any RTW dress trousers with a slim profile (again, that I like) around here; so that's why I ask. BB Milanos look slim without going overboard; too slim would look as bad, if not worse, than full legs. However, after taxes and customs, I'm not sure BB trousers would be cheaper than my MTM's, so I have a dilemma... on top of that, my weight isn't stable lately and I fear I may waste my money.
But in any case, thanks a lot for the info
lol, indeed it is.
the tie. yeah, its awesome attolini.
from STF. still have one.
lol, its a yarmulke, not a fez, and i can barely see it in the pic. i love that steely dan song BTW.
lol, nor i. might be my first and last.
thanks, i am old. 30.
its the internet. very srs business. and my face looks like a huge fat ballon when i smile.
you should. its an awesome SC. you are a moron for not letting me proxy that for you.
thanks. i do generally like a slightly lower stance, but i think this one is still ok.
thanks!! it took me more time to copy the link into the text box. once i mentally was ready, and i copied it, i did not hover over submit. like ripping of a bad-aid.
No one's gonna laugh, at least not me - I'm about the same size at just 5'7" Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
i would say to give em a try, they really are great pants.you can always return them.
it was my pleasure, glad to help.
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- › The Official RRL Thread 37 seconds ago
- › Lets talk about COFFEE 1 minute ago
- › Official Guitar, Amp, Pedals, and Gear Thread 1 minute ago
- › Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part II 1 minute ago
- › J.Crew Spring/Summer 2013 2 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 2 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (Carmina, Drakes, Cappelli, Finamore) -... 2 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › I need help finding a shirt 3 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 3 minutes ago
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › Herschel Ravine Black/Tan FA 12 by pfmicks
- › Vans Footwear The Barbour Classic Slip On Sneaker,10.5,Green by ATLnoob
- › Berg & Berg unlined silk bow tie (SS'13) by MTB-85
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › So you want to design your own clothes? by DaveJames
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw