Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 4:18 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 10/5/16 at 11:38pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2922post #43817 of 787171/23/13 at 7:57amQuote:Originally Posted by in stitches
well, i have 2 pairs. before i explain further please everyone do not laugh at my fatness.
i too have a stomach, and "athletic" thighs. i got one pair in a size 38, that is my normal pants size, which i took out a tiny tiny bit, and i got another pair in dark gray in a size 40, that i had to take in at the waist about an inch and a half.
they both now fit the same in the waist, and although maybe the 38 technically fits me better, and looks great in pics, they really dont feel that awesome on my fat thighs and crotch area. the 40s however, look almost exactly the same, maybe dont look quite as nice in pics as the 38s, but feel so much better and are really really comfy. i would say if you are a little bigger in the gut/thighs, you are better off sizing up and then having a tailor take them in, and even maybe trim the width a tad if you want. just my experience.
No one's gonna laugh, at least not me - I'm about the same size at just 5'7"
What you mention is what I usually do on my RTW pants, and that is one of the reasons my trousers are so full; my waist is 36 inches, but I have to buy a size 38/40 so the darned things will fit around the lower stomach (front butt, others might say) and hips. Everything I found in that size (that I like) comes with huge legs, and I can't find any RTW dress trousers with a slim profile (again, that I like) around here; so that's why I ask. BB Milanos look slim without going overboard; too slim would look as bad, if not worse, than full legs. However, after taxes and customs, I'm not sure BB trousers would be cheaper than my MTM's, so I have a dilemma... on top of that, my weight isn't stable lately and I fear I may waste my money.
But in any case, thanks a lot for the infopost #43818 of 787171/23/13 at 8:01ampost #43819 of 787171/23/13 at 8:06ampost #43820 of 787171/23/13 at 8:07ampost #43821 of 787171/23/13 at 8:19ampost #43822 of 787171/23/13 at 8:32ampost #43823 of 787171/23/13 at 8:38amQuote:Originally Posted by in stitches
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Seriously, this looks great. Please tell us how long you hovered over the "Submit" button before clicking that bad boy? First face shot and all...I'm placing the over/under at 47 seconds.post #43824 of 787171/23/13 at 9:19amQuote:
lol, indeed it is.
the tie. yeah, its awesome attolini.
from STF. still have one.
http://www.shopthefinest.com/p-10054-cesare-attolini-brown-tie.aspxQuote:Originally Posted by UncleCozy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlfUwSuzu9EQuote:Originally Posted by Caustic Man
lol, its a yarmulke, not a fez, and i can barely see it in the pic. i love that steely dan song BTW.
lol, nor i. might be my first and last.
thanks, i am old. 30.Quote:
its the internet. very srs business. and my face looks like a huge fat ballon when i smile.
you should. its an awesome SC. you are a moron for not letting me proxy that for you.Quote:
thanks. i do generally like a slightly lower stance, but i think this one is still ok.Quote:
thanks!! it took me more time to copy the link into the text box. once i mentally was ready, and i copied it, i did not hover over submit. like ripping of a bad-aid.post #43825 of 787171/23/13 at 9:23amQuote:Originally Posted by RDiaz
No one's gonna laugh, at least not me - I'm about the same size at just 5'7" Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)What you mention is what I usually do on my RTW pants, and that is one of the reasons my trousers are so full; my waist is 36 inches, but I have to buy a size 38/40 so the darned things will fit around the lower stomach (front butt, others might say) and hips. Everything I found in that size (that I like) comes with huge legs, and I can't find any RTW dress trousers with a slim profile (again, that I like) around here; so that's why I ask. BB Milanos look slim without going overboard; too slim would look as bad, if not worse, than full legs. However, after taxes and customs, I'm not sure BB trousers would be cheaper than my MTM's, so I have a dilemma... on top of that, my weight isn't stable lately and I fear I may waste my money.But in any case, thanks a lot for the info
i would say to give em a try, they really are great pants.you can always return them.
it was my pleasure, glad to help.post #43826 of 787171/23/13 at 9:24ampost #43827 of 787171/23/13 at 9:27amQuote:Originally Posted by in stitches
the tie. yeah, its awesome attolini.
from STF. still have one.
Bought!post #43828 of 787171/23/13 at 9:31ampost #43829 of 787171/23/13 at 9:53ampost #43830 of 787171/23/13 at 9:54am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Shoe Antiquing 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 4 minutes ago
- › S.E.H Kelly 4 minutes ago
- › Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion 14 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 18 minutes ago
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 28 minutes ago
- › Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication... 34 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 38 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...