OOTD on my blog.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2916post #43726 of 787231/22/13 at 10:58am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #43727 of 787231/22/13 at 11:01amQuote:Originally Posted by acecow
I actually agree with this as a general principle.
Foo, I have a question about the coat. Why are your buttons not horizontal? Is that because of the way you're standing or is that a flaw of the coat? It looks like your left side is drooping down. I'm only nit picking because I assume this is a bespoke item, so it seemed strange.
Yeah I noticed that too. When I look at myself straight on in the mirror, everything is parallel and straight. Maybe it was the way i was leaning a bit in the photo. Also, I may have forgotten to anchor the fronts with the inside button.post #43728 of 787231/22/13 at 11:03ampost #43729 of 787231/22/13 at 11:13ampost #43730 of 787231/22/13 at 11:15amOriginally Posted by Tirailleur1Originally Posted by Holdfast
Is that a fez top-left? I almost bought one some years ago, before realising I'd never actually wear it. Even as a joke item for dinner parties, it seemed a bit too naff. Mind you, this was a cheap touristy one from a market stall (I want to say in Istanbul, but can't really remember where), and yours looks much nicer. Do you ever get to wear it?
it's actually an Igbo chief hat. Since I am Yoruba most Igbo folks might pop a vein seeing me wear one but they are too cool not to.
Here are some examples of me wearing the hat...
Cool is definitely the word; those snaps are great. Thanks for sharing them.
Casual day today:post #43731 of 787231/22/13 at 11:18ampost #43732 of 787231/22/13 at 11:19ampost #43733 of 787231/22/13 at 11:19amQuote:
Eeps, not a fan of those microscopic lapels.
I have a blazer with silver buttons which I quite like. A bit different than the normal brass buttons, but still within the realm of good taste IMO.post #43734 of 787231/22/13 at 11:27ampost #43735 of 787231/22/13 at 11:56ampost #43736 of 787231/22/13 at 12:50pmQuote:Originally Posted by mafoofan
Look, I can somewhat understand the belligerence toward rules. However, rules are often expressions of decent reasoning. Even more often, whatever practices you put in place of them are no improvement.
In this case, it is not simply that there is a "rule" against folding non-linen squares. In fact, I have never read or heard of such a thing. It is a matter of reasoning based on my observation, experience, and knowledge. If you think it makes sense to fold material that doesn't fold well and doesn't need to be folded, obviously no one will pull you over and arrest you. However, to those of us who have tread the same path, it will look like you don't know how to stuff a square. Maybe in an alternate reality where aesthetics are unlinked to sensibility and know-how, you shouldn't care about this. But that's not our reality. That you're all here wearing jackets, ties, and pocket squares is powerful evidence of that.Quote:
I don't think this is a matter of rules (although you seem to be of two minds about it). You believe that silk doesn't fold well, and, yes, if you seek a crisp line from a silk hank folded and stuffed, you will be disappointed. The possibility I know you will not consider is that some may like that relaxed presentation.post #43737 of 787231/22/13 at 12:53pmpost #43738 of 787231/22/13 at 12:59pmpost #43739 of 787231/22/13 at 1:08pmpost #43740 of 787231/22/13 at 1:11pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Francesco Serraiocco nine fold tie 57 seconds ago
- › things that are making you happy 1 minute ago
- › Viberg Boots 1 minute ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 1 minute ago
- › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments FW 14 2 minutes ago
- › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II 3 minutes ago
- › Rogue Territory: Handmade Denim Goods 3 minutes ago
- › Kamakura OCBD Fit 3 minutes ago
- › www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page 3 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)