Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:57 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2910post #43636 of 787191/21/13 at 3:03pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #43637 of 787191/21/13 at 3:12pmQuote:
I think it looks awesome. It's not obscenely short, and I didn't notice any blatant pulling at the buttons. I really dig the fit.post #43638 of 787191/21/13 at 3:16pmpost #43639 of 787191/21/13 at 3:21pmQuote:
Ace - I think a lot of the comments are caused by the camera angle as well. Do you have the ability to take another photo up higher?post #43640 of 787191/21/13 at 3:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by Doral
Thanks for all the comments and suggestions. They have been duly noted. Went to a fund raiser for the African American Museum here in town and this is what I wore.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I bet you got lots of compliments at the fundraiser, because you have achieved the harmonious color matching (shoe, shirt, tie, pocket square) that most people (non-SF'ers) take as being the mark of well dressed.
My personal opinion is that you look too studied. The tie knot is too perfect and symmetrical. The patterns between the shirt and suit is too close. The tie & pocketsquare are too match match.post #43641 of 787191/21/13 at 4:21pmQuote:
No, but my gf took a picture of us on her phone. It's crappy quality and I have my arm around her, but you can see the difference the angle makes:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #43642 of 787191/21/13 at 4:22pmpost #43643 of 787191/21/13 at 4:33pmpost #43644 of 787191/21/13 at 4:38pmpost #43645 of 787191/21/13 at 4:41pmpost #43646 of 787191/21/13 at 4:43pm
Not much of a picture, I'm afraid. I wish I could snap a full-length, since I'd like feedback on fit, but oh well. Burg longwings and khakis below.
Thoughts on the square? I figured plain white would be weird with an off-white shirt, and this is what I've been reaching for when I want a less-stark equivalent to plain white. Good idea or bad?post #43647 of 787191/21/13 at 4:48pmQuote:Originally Posted by Tirailleur1
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Is that a fez top-left? I almost bought one some years ago, before realising I'd never actually wear it. Even as a joke item for dinner parties, it seemed a bit too naff. Mind you, this was a cheap touristy one from a market stall (I want to say in Istanbul, but can't really remember where), and yours looks much nicer. Do you ever get to wear it?post #43648 of 787191/21/13 at 4:55pmpost #43649 of 787191/21/13 at 5:03pmpost #43650 of 787191/21/13 at 5:20pmQuote:
no offense taken at all. Theres a reason i didnt thought...the last time i wore this suit, i wore chestnut shoes, darker tie, and a solid white cotton square. cant wear the same items together every time no matter how good i think it looks
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › The Possibly Official Engineered Garments Trading Thread 1 minute ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 1 minute ago
- › Migrants, Immigrants, Refugees, and Aliens in Euro-Zone 1 minute ago
- › Zonkey Boot GMTO interest check 3 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 3 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 3 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 3 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 5 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 5 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...