^^^ I wouldn't have creased the cords, but otherwise I like it! Pushes me another centimeter toward getting a camel hair SC.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:39 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 10/5/16 at 11:38pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2898post #43457 of 787171/18/13 at 4:45ampost #43458 of 787171/18/13 at 5:40ampost #43459 of 787171/18/13 at 6:19amQuote:
The cords ARE creased - it's merely that they're BB Milanos, and my legs barely fit inside themQuote:
The SC I bought prior to being my current weight, and recently had re-tailored to fit the somewhat smaller me. The shoulders are still a shade large, but for casual wear, I'll bear up under the strain of a less-than-optimal fit.
The overcoat I picked up at one of BB's warehouse sales about three years ago or so - a very lucky find.post #43460 of 787171/18/13 at 6:21amQuote:
Re-read that, Señor Crust. CM doesn't like the creases.post #43461 of 787171/18/13 at 6:30ampost #43462 of 787171/18/13 at 6:32ampost #43463 of 787171/18/13 at 6:52ampost #43464 of 787171/18/13 at 7:20amQuote:
Thank you FM!
Suit: E-F-V DB tweed suit
Boots: CT brogue boots (shine is courtesy of Saphir)
Shirt: Stenströms (Swedish brand) french cuff tattersall
Socks (not visible): Bresciani bottle green ribbed wool
Tie: Michelsons wool tie
PS: Mannby & Rörling white linen
Braces (not visible): CHS buttoned braces
Edit: Thanks for all the thumbs up guys!post #43465 of 787171/18/13 at 7:30ampost #43466 of 787171/18/13 at 7:32ampost #43467 of 787171/18/13 at 8:34am
stichy, my first instinct with that tie would be suit rather than odd jacket, but as the jacket & trousers are so sober anyway, I do believe it works well in this context regardless. Nice one. Also consider the same combination with a cream/ecru shirt instead. A warm colour like that might play even better with the yellow in the tie and the brown of the shoes.Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Today and yesterday.
Really like this, and especially noteworthy for me as it's a rare visual exception to my oft-mentioned preference for black shoes with most suits. The lightness of that pair harmonises very nicely with the chalkstripe, and actually the snow (or is it light reflecting off a wet surface?) really helps pull the paler elements together..
I admittedly have some eccentric preferences, but one is that navy odd trousers are better in summer fabrics rahter than wintry ones. I think because it summer, navy and white look vaguely seasidey/nautical. I'd make an exception for navy cords; not sure why...
Thank you; it really is. Feels like a warm fuzzy cloud. Weird thing is, it was a completely impulsive afterthought purchase when I got it last year, and if I'd thought about it more, I might have balked at the cost, but is now one of my favourite items. Go figure. I should go with the flow more, I suppose.
Forgive the lack of shoes in today's photo. It's snowing a fair amount today, so wellies were required and I don't traipse around indoors in those! Also not pictured are a really heavy plaid DB, brown leather gloves, a superthick cashmere/silk double-sided scarf and a brown felt fedora. Yes, I was definitely wrapped up against the elements...
It took me 1.5 hours to drive under 10 miles to an appointment, then I did about 3/4hr work there before deciding that further travel was beyond a joke (both time & risk) and cancelled the rest of my day. It just wasn't worth it, as no-one here (me included) ever gets much experience dealing with refrozen snowy/icy roads and we don't think to have such things as snow chains or winter tyres. I have quattro, but still, the traction control couldn't function properly and even with it off, you couldn't really brake safely from above around 10-15mph... not that the traffic allowed for such speeds for long. I took the city centre route home instead of the ring road, and actually, that was a lot better with the journey taking half the time, but still, no regrets about the cancellations now I'm back in my warm home! :)post #43468 of 787171/18/13 at 8:50amQuote:Originally Posted by in stitches
could not get any good lighting with my full pic so i had to adjust the color. but it still does not pic up on the definite color difference between the pants and SC. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Nice jacket / shirt / tie combo, Stitch. The colours are bang-on. Like HF though, I was expecting a suit as I scrolled down.post #43469 of 787171/18/13 at 8:55amQuote:Originally Posted by clapeyron
no native speaker here, I meant how much overlap he pinned at the buttoning point. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
is the first one a Chan, too?
the final decision on jacket length is a personal one, can't tell much from the finished jacket with the shirt untucked and your feet not included in the shot, but it looks like it's covering your butt. so i'd say that works well especially if you are short, as you said.
I couldn't perform a golf swing in a jacket not even with armholes high enough to cut of blood circulation, maybe with raglan sleeves
@tits: how is critiquing a garment which can yet be fully altered more ludicrous than critiquing a finished garment where most alterations are not an option any more?
This coat (in the fitting stage) isn't by Chan. They are no longer my go-to tailor.
What do you think about the shape of the coat that is in the fitting stage? I kind of prefer it over Chan's silhouette.post #43470 of 787171/18/13 at 8:58am
holdfast when are we finally having that turtleneck meetup?
to see london coping with 2 inches of snow is always very amusing.
navy turtleneck with NOBD™ plastic buttons on this peacoat.
@bboy for what it's worth I like the chan coat, can't say very much on the other one at this stage. can't yet compare the two.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › NIKE Thread 56 seconds ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 1 minute ago
- › Patagonia 3 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 4 minutes ago
- › FS: Limited Edition UK 9.5 Sanders Japan Burnt Orange Suede Brit... 10 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE 4th OF MARCH 2017 - THE DRAMATIC LOOK 12 minutes ago
- › Nigel Cabourn 12 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 12 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 14 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 16 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › The Current Popular Menswear Pieces
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway