Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2898post #43456 of 787241/18/13 at 3:36am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #43457 of 787241/18/13 at 4:37amSomething casual with which to end the week.
Playing with some of my "new toys" (the cords and the waistcoat) . . .
All is from BB, except the PS (PRL), the scarf (Aquascutum) and the hat (Tesi)
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #43458 of 787241/18/13 at 4:44ampost #43459 of 787241/18/13 at 4:45ampost #43460 of 787241/18/13 at 5:40ampost #43461 of 787241/18/13 at 6:19amQuote:
The cords ARE creased - it's merely that they're BB Milanos, and my legs barely fit inside themQuote:
The SC I bought prior to being my current weight, and recently had re-tailored to fit the somewhat smaller me. The shoulders are still a shade large, but for casual wear, I'll bear up under the strain of a less-than-optimal fit.
The overcoat I picked up at one of BB's warehouse sales about three years ago or so - a very lucky find.post #43462 of 787241/18/13 at 6:21amQuote:
Re-read that, Señor Crust. CM doesn't like the creases.post #43463 of 787241/18/13 at 6:30ampost #43464 of 787241/18/13 at 6:32ampost #43465 of 787241/18/13 at 6:52ampost #43466 of 787241/18/13 at 7:20amQuote:
Thank you FM!
Suit: E-F-V DB tweed suit
Boots: CT brogue boots (shine is courtesy of Saphir)
Shirt: Stenströms (Swedish brand) french cuff tattersall
Socks (not visible): Bresciani bottle green ribbed wool
Tie: Michelsons wool tie
PS: Mannby & Rörling white linen
Braces (not visible): CHS buttoned braces
Edit: Thanks for all the thumbs up guys!post #43467 of 787241/18/13 at 7:30ampost #43468 of 787241/18/13 at 7:32ampost #43469 of 787241/18/13 at 8:34am
stichy, my first instinct with that tie would be suit rather than odd jacket, but as the jacket & trousers are so sober anyway, I do believe it works well in this context regardless. Nice one. Also consider the same combination with a cream/ecru shirt instead. A warm colour like that might play even better with the yellow in the tie and the brown of the shoes.Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Today and yesterday.
Really like this, and especially noteworthy for me as it's a rare visual exception to my oft-mentioned preference for black shoes with most suits. The lightness of that pair harmonises very nicely with the chalkstripe, and actually the snow (or is it light reflecting off a wet surface?) really helps pull the paler elements together..
I admittedly have some eccentric preferences, but one is that navy odd trousers are better in summer fabrics rahter than wintry ones. I think because it summer, navy and white look vaguely seasidey/nautical. I'd make an exception for navy cords; not sure why...
Thank you; it really is. Feels like a warm fuzzy cloud. Weird thing is, it was a completely impulsive afterthought purchase when I got it last year, and if I'd thought about it more, I might have balked at the cost, but is now one of my favourite items. Go figure. I should go with the flow more, I suppose.
Forgive the lack of shoes in today's photo. It's snowing a fair amount today, so wellies were required and I don't traipse around indoors in those! Also not pictured are a really heavy plaid DB, brown leather gloves, a superthick cashmere/silk double-sided scarf and a brown felt fedora. Yes, I was definitely wrapped up against the elements...
It took me 1.5 hours to drive under 10 miles to an appointment, then I did about 3/4hr work there before deciding that further travel was beyond a joke (both time & risk) and cancelled the rest of my day. It just wasn't worth it, as no-one here (me included) ever gets much experience dealing with refrozen snowy/icy roads and we don't think to have such things as snow chains or winter tyres. I have quattro, but still, the traction control couldn't function properly and even with it off, you couldn't really brake safely from above around 10-15mph... not that the traffic allowed for such speeds for long. I took the city centre route home instead of the ring road, and actually, that was a lot better with the journey taking half the time, but still, no regrets about the cancellations now I'm back in my warm home! :)post #43470 of 787241/18/13 at 8:50amQuote:Originally Posted by in stitches
could not get any good lighting with my full pic so i had to adjust the color. but it still does not pic up on the definite color difference between the pants and SC. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Nice jacket / shirt / tie combo, Stitch. The colours are bang-on. Like HF though, I was expecting a suit as I scrolled down.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › The Ultimate Vass Porn Thread 8 seconds ago
- › SNS Herning- fits? 1 minute ago
- › Australian Members 2 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 2 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 2 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: MC Casual Style 2 minutes ago
- › ASPECD Apparel - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Tie basics 101 3 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)