Hm, I think dark gray is much better than navy (flannel). Nice jacket!
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 4:03 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2897post #43441 of 787191/17/13 at 4:21pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #43442 of 787191/17/13 at 4:38pmpost #43443 of 787191/17/13 at 4:53pmQuote:
no native speaker here, I meant how much overlap he pinned at the buttoning point.Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
is the first one a Chan, too?
the final decision on jacket length is a personal one, can't tell much from the finished jacket with the shirt untucked and your feet not included in the shot, but it looks like it's covering your butt. so i'd say that works well especially if you are short, as you said.
I couldn't perform a golf swing in a jacket not even with armholes high enough to cut of blood circulation, maybe with raglan sleeves :)
@tits: how is critiquing a garment which can yet be fully altered more ludicrous than critiquing a finished garment where most alterations are not an option any more?post #43444 of 787191/17/13 at 5:26pmpost #43445 of 787191/17/13 at 5:58pmpost #43446 of 787191/17/13 at 6:22pmQuote:
Obviously you did not meet many from Texas. Had you, perhaps you'd have heard the saying (which I'm sure is not unique to us) "You ask a stupid question, you get a stupid answer."post #43447 of 787191/17/13 at 7:25pmpost #43448 of 787191/17/13 at 7:58pmpost #43449 of 787191/17/13 at 8:15pmpost #43450 of 787191/17/13 at 8:15pmpost #43451 of 787191/17/13 at 8:34pmpost #43452 of 787191/17/13 at 8:43pmSB that jacket is absolutely wonderful. The shoulders, cut, and fabric are perfect for you and your build. I love the large pattern balanced by the solid tie. Definitely something I will catalog for later copying...er...inspiration.
Spoo, the first fit is really busy, almost too many elements. However, I think that is just in the close up, from a distance it is probably less dizzying. Love the suit obviously but I much prefer it with a blue shirt for some reason. Maybe just me?
HF, I love your sweater collection, nice cardigan, looks thick!
Tir, I love that hat and I think it clashes wonderfully with the rest of the look. I swear that is a compliment.
EFV, that fit is dazzling. You do country so well. Every time you post an earth toned outfit you excel. Bravo.
BlackUmbrella, I like the grey tie with that SC. What trousers may i ask?post #43453 of 787191/17/13 at 9:46pm
at your service.
btw, i think you had asked about the shirt/collar i was wearing today, when i posted it in recent purchases. what did you think of it?post #43454 of 787191/17/13 at 9:54pmpost #43455 of 787191/18/13 at 3:36amStitch- ensemble is great, but the JLC watch is AWESOME! nice!Quote:Originally Posted by in stitches
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › Creases on a doble-breasted suit 6 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's... 9 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 11 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 15 minutes ago
- › BASICALLY GIVING THIS AWAY: Eidos Napoli Tipo Teal/Char-Brown Linen... 16 minutes ago
- › What is my face shape ? 17 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 18 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge for February 12th; Checks! 18 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?