Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 4:15 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Yesterday at 11:30 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2897post #43441 of 787221/17/13 at 4:19pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #43442 of 787221/17/13 at 4:21pmpost #43443 of 787221/17/13 at 4:38pmpost #43444 of 787221/17/13 at 4:53pmQuote:
no native speaker here, I meant how much overlap he pinned at the buttoning point.Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
is the first one a Chan, too?
the final decision on jacket length is a personal one, can't tell much from the finished jacket with the shirt untucked and your feet not included in the shot, but it looks like it's covering your butt. so i'd say that works well especially if you are short, as you said.
I couldn't perform a golf swing in a jacket not even with armholes high enough to cut of blood circulation, maybe with raglan sleeves :)
@tits: how is critiquing a garment which can yet be fully altered more ludicrous than critiquing a finished garment where most alterations are not an option any more?post #43445 of 787221/17/13 at 5:26pmpost #43446 of 787221/17/13 at 5:58pmpost #43447 of 787221/17/13 at 6:22pmQuote:
Obviously you did not meet many from Texas. Had you, perhaps you'd have heard the saying (which I'm sure is not unique to us) "You ask a stupid question, you get a stupid answer."post #43448 of 787221/17/13 at 7:25pmpost #43449 of 787221/17/13 at 7:58pmpost #43450 of 787221/17/13 at 8:15pmpost #43451 of 787221/17/13 at 8:15pmpost #43452 of 787221/17/13 at 8:34pmpost #43453 of 787221/17/13 at 8:43pmSB that jacket is absolutely wonderful. The shoulders, cut, and fabric are perfect for you and your build. I love the large pattern balanced by the solid tie. Definitely something I will catalog for later copying...er...inspiration.
Spoo, the first fit is really busy, almost too many elements. However, I think that is just in the close up, from a distance it is probably less dizzying. Love the suit obviously but I much prefer it with a blue shirt for some reason. Maybe just me?
HF, I love your sweater collection, nice cardigan, looks thick!
Tir, I love that hat and I think it clashes wonderfully with the rest of the look. I swear that is a compliment.
EFV, that fit is dazzling. You do country so well. Every time you post an earth toned outfit you excel. Bravo.
BlackUmbrella, I like the grey tie with that SC. What trousers may i ask?post #43454 of 787221/17/13 at 9:46pm
at your service.
btw, i think you had asked about the shirt/collar i was wearing today, when i posted it in recent purchases. what did you think of it?
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 24 seconds ago
- › Flat Head Winter Flannel - Saxon Blue- Brand new - Sz 38 27 seconds ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 1 minute ago
- › Antonio Meccariello Shoes 2 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 3 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 4 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 5 minutes ago
- › NFL 2014-15 Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Folded Up Shirt P0rn 6 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 7 minutes ago
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan
- › Two Japanese Words Every Clothing Dork Should...