Hm, I think dark gray is much better than navy (flannel). Nice jacket!
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 2:05 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
Last edited: 8/10/15
- The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s Moral and Sartorial...Last edited: 8/10/15
- David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88Last edited: 7/26/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2897post #43441 of 787211/17/13 at 4:21pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #43442 of 787211/17/13 at 4:38pmpost #43443 of 787211/17/13 at 4:53pmQuote:
no native speaker here, I meant how much overlap he pinned at the buttoning point.Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
is the first one a Chan, too?
the final decision on jacket length is a personal one, can't tell much from the finished jacket with the shirt untucked and your feet not included in the shot, but it looks like it's covering your butt. so i'd say that works well especially if you are short, as you said.
I couldn't perform a golf swing in a jacket not even with armholes high enough to cut of blood circulation, maybe with raglan sleeves :)
@tits: how is critiquing a garment which can yet be fully altered more ludicrous than critiquing a finished garment where most alterations are not an option any more?post #43444 of 787211/17/13 at 5:26pmpost #43445 of 787211/17/13 at 5:58pmpost #43446 of 787211/17/13 at 6:22pmQuote:
Obviously you did not meet many from Texas. Had you, perhaps you'd have heard the saying (which I'm sure is not unique to us) "You ask a stupid question, you get a stupid answer."post #43447 of 787211/17/13 at 7:25pmpost #43448 of 787211/17/13 at 7:58pmpost #43449 of 787211/17/13 at 8:15pmpost #43450 of 787211/17/13 at 8:15pmpost #43451 of 787211/17/13 at 8:34pmpost #43452 of 787211/17/13 at 8:43pmSB that jacket is absolutely wonderful. The shoulders, cut, and fabric are perfect for you and your build. I love the large pattern balanced by the solid tie. Definitely something I will catalog for later copying...er...inspiration.
Spoo, the first fit is really busy, almost too many elements. However, I think that is just in the close up, from a distance it is probably less dizzying. Love the suit obviously but I much prefer it with a blue shirt for some reason. Maybe just me?
HF, I love your sweater collection, nice cardigan, looks thick!
Tir, I love that hat and I think it clashes wonderfully with the rest of the look. I swear that is a compliment.
EFV, that fit is dazzling. You do country so well. Every time you post an earth toned outfit you excel. Bravo.
BlackUmbrella, I like the grey tie with that SC. What trousers may i ask?post #43453 of 787211/17/13 at 9:46pm
at your service.
btw, i think you had asked about the shirt/collar i was wearing today, when i posted it in recent purchases. what did you think of it?post #43454 of 787211/17/13 at 9:54pmpost #43455 of 787211/18/13 at 3:36amStitch- ensemble is great, but the JLC watch is AWESOME! nice!Quote:Originally Posted by in stitches
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s Moral and Sartorial...
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 45 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 3 minutes ago
- › ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 -... 3 minutes ago
- › Alden Cap toe cigar shell BNIB 768.00 Carmina Cognac Shell... 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 7 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 8 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 9 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD (Guidi, CCP,... 10 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015