or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2895  

post #43411 of 78722
That's a huge bow tie, Chris, even in comparison to the lapels.
post #43412 of 78722
lol, well said HF. thanks for the input. i am singing tho.
post #43413 of 78722
Good Morning,

A little casual:

Shirt: Borelli
SC: "Napoli Di Nordstrom" cashmere
Vest: RL
Pents: Zenella
Belt: AE Cordovan
Shoes: Carmina Cordovan
Watch: GO Sports Evo

4ene3e7e.jpgnydavuhy.jpg4uvejeja.jpg
post #43414 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishon View Post

That's a huge bow tie, Chris, even in comparison to the lapels.

 

It wilts downs, which is an effect I like. I'd agree it would be too wide if it had the body to stay looking like that throughout the day. It doesn't; within a half-hour or so it scrunches up and droops down in a floppy way. It ends up looking a bit narrower than the average bow tie as a result of that, if anything. I don't like the very rigid bow ties that are more common (whether narrow or wide); I like bow ties to be droopy. :)

post #43415 of 78722
-Stichy I like the concept but I feel like that SC needs something to life it color wise. Overall, it looks nice but a bit dull? Not offensive but not vibrant I guess.

-Crat, that suit fabric cries out for a 3 piece IMO. Looks great and the shoulders seem very nice in particular. Nice gloves too! Love that color.

-Owen, I love that jacket and used to have it myself. I like all the elements but I feel a brown spectrum sweater would have been nice as well. Pants look a bit wide at the bottom but could be angle/personal preference.

-CP and HF nice bowties, inspiring.
post #43416 of 78722
Nice gloves!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crat View Post

post #43417 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

well, we will find out maybe next week, ill try again for fun. smile.gif
i may have to disagree, or maybe just because i dont really look that deeply into it. either way, lol it is too late to change my shirt. lets see what you think when i remix this with white.

and i too like, nay, LOVE, these socks. biggrin.gif
lolz, i did not mean to startle you. when i reprise this, i will chose different socks. perhaps a herringbone or simple pin dot.

Well, you did! smile.gif

Don't be afraid of solid grey ribbed socks, Stitches. Keep the attention on the jacket, tie and shoes. With those three items you'll steal the show.
post #43418 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen Meany View Post

Good Morning,

A little casual:

Shirt: Borelli
SC: "Napoli Di Nordstrom" cashmere
Vest: RL
Pents: Zenella
Belt: AE Cordovan
Shoes: Carmina Cordovan
Watch: GO Sports Evo
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
4ene3e7e.jpgnydavuhy.jpg4uvejeja.jpg

Love the jacket, but hate the sweater with it. The colors don't seem to complement or contrast each other, rather they just clash.
post #43419 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citan1145 View Post

-Stichy I like the concept but I feel like that SC needs something to life it color wise. Overall, it looks nice but a bit dull? Not offensive but not vibrant I guess.

thanks. in general i think i agree, but i was looking for ?non-life/non-vibrant? i guess. i wanted to use all whites and grays with a little black. something sedate. cuz that me alright, mr sedate.

smile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOBD View Post

Well, you did! smile.gif

Don't be afraid of solid grey ribbed socks, Stitches. Keep the attention on the jacket, tie and shoes. With those three items you'll steal the show.

so sorry. wink.gif

i am no afraid of solid gray ribbed, just dont have any. on my list with solid navy ribbed of course.

good advise there, thanks.
post #43420 of 78722
-Owen, I love that jacket and used to have it myself. I like all the elements but I feel a brown spectrum sweater would have been nice as well. Pants look a bit wide at the bottom but could be angle/personal preference.


Thanks, it is a nice SC for the $350 I paid! This morning I did try on a more 'earth tone" vest before the blue and found that I preferred the contrast with the blue....
post #43421 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post





 

 

Awesome outfit, but so stark and severe that is positively screams for some color relief, especially being winter and all.

 

A puff navy silk or cashmere ps takes this to the next level.

 

My first choice, would be the most subtle;:a navy edged linen with a careless TV fold so that at least two navy edges are displayed. Something stark but unexpected.

 

 

Burgundy would work as well for the ps but be much more expected [as would any shade of red], but a darker shade of brown would not. Orange would be interesting but would destroy the subtlety of your outfit. If going this route, I would again use a burgundy edged linen in a TV fold and not a puff of some softer material; too cliche.

 

If you meeting with a woman the next time you wear this, I would soften your composition with a chocolate brown tie of the same weave and material, dark brown half brogue captoe oxfords, and the navy edged linen ps above while keeping everything else the same.

 

If you detest pocket squares, then wear a burgundy or even lilac butcher stripe for your lady friends and keep everything else the same.

 

Again, well done and a beautiful composition.

post #43422 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by recondite View Post

Awesome outfit, but so stark and severe that is positively screams for some color relief, especially being winter and all.
A puff navy silk or cashmere ps takes this to the next level.
My first choice, would be the most subtle;:a navy edged linen with a careless TV fold so that at least two navy edges are displayed. Something stark but unexpected.
Burgundy would work as well for the ps but be much more expected [as would any shade of red], but a darker shade of brown would not. Orange would be interesting but would destroy the subtlety of your outfit. If going this route, I would again use a burgundy edged linen in a TV fold and not a puff of some softer material; too cliche.
If you meeting with a woman the next time you wear this, I would soften your composition with a chocolate brown tie of the same weave and material, dark brown half brogue captoe oxfords, and the navy edged linen ps above while keeping everything else the same.
If you detest pocket squares, then wear a burgundy or even lilac butcher stripe for your lady friends and keep everything else the same.
Again, well done and a beautiful composition.

thanks, man. appreciate the ideas.

first off, i am married, 10 years as of last weekend actually. laugh.gif

i dont really do PSs at present so that is kind of out. last time i wore this with a light blue shirt and a blue on brown neat tie. was lovely, and got way more love. yes, more color would make it pop, but, as i said, i was trying not to pop. i wanted all subtle, ONLY gray/white/black.

thanks again for the components and the ideas. food for thought for next time i use this SC. well, really the time after the next time, as next time will be remix of this same fit, but with a white shirt.

cheers.gif
post #43423 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdfast View Post



Haven't worn a bow tie in ages. This one is floppy enough to wilt down nicely over the course of the day, naturally narrowing its profile, but here's how it started off. The outfit as a whole has a little too much blue in it, but I tend to do that when I have an early start to the day and so am too sleepy to think when getting ready. In particular, a complementary - instead of matching - hanky would have made a world of difference.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
4X9DP.jpg

Hooray for the wilting, floppy tie! It looks splendid!
post #43424 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post


thanks, man. appreciate the ideas.

first off, i am married, 10 years as of last weekend actually. laugh.gif

i dont really do PSs at present so that is kind of out. last time i wore this with a light blue shirt and a blue on brown neat tie. was lovely, and got way more love. yes, more color would make it pop, but, as i said, i was trying not to pop. i wanted all subtle, ONLY gray/white/black.

thanks again for the components and the ideas. food for thought for next time i use this SC. well, really the time after the next time, as next time will be remix of this same fit, but with a white shirt.

cheers.gif

 


Sweet!! Congratulations on your anniversary! 

 

Did you go to Tio Pepe? It has been one of my favorite restaurants in your town for as long as I care to remember. 'love their Zarzuela and sponge cake roll with crème anglaise and pinenuts, not to mention their chef's special lobster which must be ordered off the menu.

 

I understand your idea for your outfit, and it works almost too well. Well done!

post #43425 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by recondite View Post

Sweet!! Congratulations on your anniversary! 
Did you go to Tio Pepe? It has been one of my favorite restaurants in your town for as long as I care to remember. 'love their Zarzuela and sponge cake roll with crème anglaise and pinenuts, not to mention their chef's special lobster which must be ordered off the menu.
I understand your idea for your outfit, and it works almost too well. Well done!

thanks! we did not. went to a local kosher place, called accents. but tios sounds great.

thanks again on the compliment. cheers.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III