Thanks, Citan. I doubt we have the same suit. It's a Vestimenta about eight years old. I like it, but it's a lightweight flannel that I wouldn't necessarily buy today.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 2:09 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2892post #43366 of 787191/16/13 at 11:04am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #43367 of 787191/16/13 at 11:10amQuote:Originally Posted by HoldfastQuote:Originally Posted by sugarbutch
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
You know I was saying I was mildly perturbed that the colour palette of my outfit yesterday irrevocably steered me to non-black shoes? Yours is another example of the kind of look (moderately formal suit, traditionally styled with a similar shirt & tie) where I can conceptually grasp why brown is chosen, but it still screams out "black shoes, black shoes!" to me. If the suit had been flannel and the tie a large-scale paisley or something like that, then I can see brown shoes working better, especially if in something like suede. I'd probably still lean towards black suede though...
Oh, well, that's easy then. It is flannel.Quote:
There were some wonderful choices there, but the pricing, even on sale, is steep. It seems like Drakes on sale in the States is a lot less expensive. Roughly speaking, swap out the £ for $.post #43368 of 787191/16/13 at 11:34am
OK, you get a bye, then!
(it really does look worsted to me in the pic, I swear!)
There were some wonderful choices there, but the pricing, even on sale, is steep. It seems like Drakes on sale in the States is a lot less expensive. Roughly speaking, swap out the £ for $.
That's always been the rule of thumb over here, unfortunately; whatever you guys pay in dollars, we tend to pay the same number in sterling.post #43369 of 787191/16/13 at 12:10pmpost #43370 of 787191/16/13 at 12:23pmpost #43371 of 787191/16/13 at 12:50pmQuote:
What doesn't look good? Its a tasteful suit, shirt, tie, square, and shoes, put together well, and everything fits very well.post #43372 of 787191/16/13 at 1:04pmpost #43373 of 787191/16/13 at 1:07pmQuote:
i cant really see the fit, and i dont generally look for fit, even in full pics, which this isnt. simply because its so hard to correctly represent in a single still shot (unless you are vox or victor). so, knowing shugz, i assume the fit is fine, and the color combination is spectacular.post #43374 of 787191/16/13 at 1:41pmpost #43375 of 787191/16/13 at 2:52pmQuote:
Thanks, I'm jazzed about 'em. Peal & Co for Brooks Brothers. jrd identified the maker as Crockett & Jones. They're dark brown.Quote:
No worries, man. If you don't like it, you don't like it. What's bothering you, though? The combinatin' or you just don't like any of the pieces?Quote:Originally Posted by aravenelQuote:
What doesn't look good? Its a tasteful suit, shirt, tie, square, and shoes, put together well, and everything fits very well.Quote:Originally Posted by in stitchesQuote:
i cant really see the fit, and i dont generally look for fit, even in full pics, which this isnt. simply because its so hard to correctly represent in a single still shot (unless you are vox or victor). so, knowing shugz, i assume the fit is fine, and the color combination is spectacular.post #43376 of 787191/16/13 at 3:25pmpost #43377 of 787191/16/13 at 3:33pmQuote:Originally Posted by upr_crust
It's raining in NYC, so suit-wearing is out. I've been wearing this combo of SC and trousers for a while - it's due a visit to the dry cleaner's soon, but perhaps it's presentable enough for this thread. Please note the SF-approved touches of robo-pose, and the use of a solid brown tie.
Sports coat, trousers, shirt - BB
Tie - JAB
PS - Robert Talbott
Shoes - Finsbury, Paris
Raincoat - Burberry
Scarf - Johnstons of Elgin
Hat - Weatherproof
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Look at this playboy right here wouldja? Damn I like this one. UC, you're always so damn consistent. Looks great.post #43378 of 787191/16/13 at 3:47pmpost #43379 of 787191/16/13 at 5:18pmpost #43380 of 787191/16/13 at 5:20pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 30 seconds ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 1 minute ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Cars We Drive! 2 minutes ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 3 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What products do I use and how to I care for...
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.