Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:32 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2891post #43351 of 787191/16/13 at 9:15am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #43352 of 787191/16/13 at 9:17ampost #43353 of 787191/16/13 at 9:34ampost #43354 of 787191/16/13 at 9:36ampost #43355 of 787191/16/13 at 9:41ampost #43356 of 787191/16/13 at 9:44ampost #43357 of 787191/16/13 at 9:58ampost #43358 of 787191/16/13 at 10:06ampost #43359 of 787191/16/13 at 10:13ampost #43360 of 787191/16/13 at 10:14ampost #43361 of 787191/16/13 at 10:26ampost #43362 of 787191/16/13 at 10:46ampost #43363 of 787191/16/13 at 10:46amQuote:
Thank you. The tie is an Alan Flusser which I believe to have been made by Drakes (or was it Drake's at that time?).post #43364 of 787191/16/13 at 11:00ampost #43365 of 787191/16/13 at 11:03am
Count me in on the Trading Places love; awesome movie.Originally Posted by sugarbutch
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
You know I was saying I was mildly perturbed that the colour palette of my outfit yesterday irrevocably steered me to non-black shoes? Yours is another example of the kind of look (moderately formal suit, traditionally styled with a similar shirt & tie) where I can conceptually grasp why brown is chosen, but it still screams out "black shoes, black shoes!" to me. If the suit had been flannel and the tie a large-scale paisley or something like that, then I can see brown shoes working better, especially if in something like suede. I'd probably still lean towards black suede though... :)Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I like every single element, and it nearly works overall, but for me, either the belt needs to be replaced by something non-green or the tie needs a little pattern to it (being dark navy helps, but isn't quite enough) to pull the eye decidedly towards the neck & face rather than to the sides and waist.
Notepad trousers would certainly be an innovation.
(God, have I really become one of those people who correct spelling on the internet...?! :( )
Side question: Did anyone get anything in the Drakes sale? I picked up a few squares but the few ties I was potentially interested in were sold out by the time I had a chance to browse. Still, the squares will be useful.
Freezing today; subzero all day long. The thick cashmere cardigan was definitely needed, as was the DB overcoat/scarf/gloves not pictured. Not entirely happy with the jacket/trouser combination. The jacket is a small-scale black/white houndstooth and the trousers are a steely-grey/blue donegal and I think it works up close but the full-length pic tells a somewhat different story in terms of a colour/pattern mish-mashiness.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › Articles of Style shop? 2 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 10 minutes ago
- › Nigel Cabourn 11 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 11 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 11 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 11 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 13 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 19 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 29 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?