Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:24 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong KongLast edited: 10/1/15
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2889post #43321 of 787201/15/13 at 7:49pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #43322 of 787201/15/13 at 8:40pmQuote:
lol you fat liar. they came laced that way and you have not bothered to mess with them. but as you know, lacing type can significantly affect shoe fit comfort.Quote:Originally Posted by recondite
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)rulez?? There are no rulez and certainly no memo.Cheers!
The scarf would look better if presented different than as above. If you want to add drama to your outfit then put on an opera cape with scarlet lining and see if you get a better effect, which I am sure you will. And do not forget the tophat.
Did I miss the SF memo on keeping my opinion to myself? If so, forward it to me under separate cover, and I will read it.
Take a look at those pictures of yourself in six months and send me a pm to let me know if you still think the look is still a good one. I will accept your opinion, since you are the judge with the power of law in this situation, not me.
I only think you could appear better than you present in the above pictures. But then, I could be moron with access to my parents computer who received all their fashion sense from their inbred no count relatives, Sears catalog, and their favorite anime movies.
Best of luck with your look. I hope it gets you what you want.
you may spout your opinion as often as you like. its not against the rules. but when you are an unestablished member, and waltz in harshing on people who are established, with little to no credence, and you pose your thoughts at absolute facts, dont expect to get a lot of serious replies. #jusayin.post #43323 of 787201/15/13 at 8:48pmQuote:Originally Posted by in stitches
lol you fat liar. they came laced that way and you have not bothered to mess with them. but as you know, lacing type can significantly affect shoe fit comfort.
you may spout your opinion as often as you like. its not against the rules. but when you are an unestablished member, and waltz in harshing on people who are established, with little to no credence, and you pose your thoughts at absolute facts, dont expect to get a lot of serious replies. #jusayin.
It doesn't matter if he is established or not stitchy. he can give his opinion. And if I find it helpful I'll take it. If not, I'll carry on...post #43324 of 787201/15/13 at 8:52pmQuote:
lol, indeed, it does not exactly matter. and im sure youd take good advise wherever it came from. just as a general rule, i find that new poster + speaking in absolute terms, is a hard combo to pull off. that is all. no offense was intended, just a thought.post #43325 of 787201/15/13 at 8:56pmQuote:
stitchypoo can never offend mepost #43326 of 787201/15/13 at 9:08pmpost #43327 of 787201/15/13 at 9:57pmpost #43328 of 787201/15/13 at 11:48pmpost #43329 of 787201/15/13 at 11:51pmpost #43330 of 787201/15/13 at 11:56pmQuote:Originally Posted by Achilles_
Crappy pics from this morning. I'm ordering a stand and remote for my t2i as we speak!
Please note that I won this suit in a NCAA bracket contest, it is a H. Freeman custom made suit. So, if there are flaws, I'm don't really care since it was free!
I know the pants are too long, and I'm not pleased with the structure of the shoulders, but am curious to hear some opinions.
Shirt is Borrelli, tie is canali, shoes are burgundy AE PA.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
The rise of the pants seems too long to be worn that low. I have nothing against pants worn low, but rise should be coherent; it shouldn't peek below the jacket hem.post #43331 of 787201/16/13 at 12:04ampost #43332 of 787201/16/13 at 12:25amI´ve tried it before and you are correct it does look better. Due to the material however it takes a bit more time to shape the knot correctly and I just didn´t have time this moring
so I just used the Windsor(Which is my usual knot for ties of that shape) and ran out the door as 6 this morning. I know, I know, being late is no excuse for sartorial slobbishnesspost #43333 of 787201/16/13 at 12:56amQuote:Originally Posted by twistoffat
I´ve tried it before and you are correct it does look better. Due to the material however it takes a bit more time to shape the knot correctly and I just didn´t have time this moring
so I just used the Windsor(Which is my usual knot for ties of that shape) and ran out the door as 6 this morning. I know, I know, being late is no excuse for sartorial slobbishness
You still look better than this guy...post #43334 of 787201/16/13 at 2:25ampost #43335 of 787201/16/13 at 4:24amIt's raining in NYC, so suit-wearing is out. I've been wearing this combo of SC and trousers for a while - it's due a visit to the dry cleaner's soon, but perhaps it's presentable enough for this thread. Please note the SF-approved touches of robo-pose, and the use of a solid brown tie.
Sports coat, trousers, shirt - BB
Tie - JAB
PS - Robert Talbott
Shoes - Finsbury, Paris
Raincoat - Burberry
Scarf - Johnstons of Elgin
Hat - Weatherproof
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 8 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 24 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 27 seconds ago
- › The Ultimate "HARDCORE" Shoe Porn Thread (Bespoke only) 52 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 1 minute ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › If you wear TASSEL loafers, what is your age?? 3 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories