Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:34 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
Last edited: 8/10/15
- The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s Moral and Sartorial...Last edited: 8/10/15
- David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88Last edited: 7/26/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2889post #43321 of 787211/15/13 at 7:49pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #43322 of 787211/15/13 at 8:40pmQuote:
lol you fat liar. they came laced that way and you have not bothered to mess with them. but as you know, lacing type can significantly affect shoe fit comfort.Quote:Originally Posted by recondite
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)rulez?? There are no rulez and certainly no memo.Cheers!
The scarf would look better if presented different than as above. If you want to add drama to your outfit then put on an opera cape with scarlet lining and see if you get a better effect, which I am sure you will. And do not forget the tophat.
Did I miss the SF memo on keeping my opinion to myself? If so, forward it to me under separate cover, and I will read it.
Take a look at those pictures of yourself in six months and send me a pm to let me know if you still think the look is still a good one. I will accept your opinion, since you are the judge with the power of law in this situation, not me.
I only think you could appear better than you present in the above pictures. But then, I could be moron with access to my parents computer who received all their fashion sense from their inbred no count relatives, Sears catalog, and their favorite anime movies.
Best of luck with your look. I hope it gets you what you want.
you may spout your opinion as often as you like. its not against the rules. but when you are an unestablished member, and waltz in harshing on people who are established, with little to no credence, and you pose your thoughts at absolute facts, dont expect to get a lot of serious replies. #jusayin.post #43323 of 787211/15/13 at 8:48pmQuote:Originally Posted by in stitches
lol you fat liar. they came laced that way and you have not bothered to mess with them. but as you know, lacing type can significantly affect shoe fit comfort.
you may spout your opinion as often as you like. its not against the rules. but when you are an unestablished member, and waltz in harshing on people who are established, with little to no credence, and you pose your thoughts at absolute facts, dont expect to get a lot of serious replies. #jusayin.
It doesn't matter if he is established or not stitchy. he can give his opinion. And if I find it helpful I'll take it. If not, I'll carry on...post #43324 of 787211/15/13 at 8:52pmQuote:
lol, indeed, it does not exactly matter. and im sure youd take good advise wherever it came from. just as a general rule, i find that new poster + speaking in absolute terms, is a hard combo to pull off. that is all. no offense was intended, just a thought.post #43325 of 787211/15/13 at 8:56pmQuote:
stitchypoo can never offend mepost #43326 of 787211/15/13 at 9:08pmpost #43327 of 787211/15/13 at 9:57pmpost #43328 of 787211/15/13 at 11:48pmpost #43329 of 787211/15/13 at 11:51pmpost #43330 of 787211/15/13 at 11:56pmQuote:Originally Posted by Achilles_
Crappy pics from this morning. I'm ordering a stand and remote for my t2i as we speak!
Please note that I won this suit in a NCAA bracket contest, it is a H. Freeman custom made suit. So, if there are flaws, I'm don't really care since it was free!
I know the pants are too long, and I'm not pleased with the structure of the shoulders, but am curious to hear some opinions.
Shirt is Borrelli, tie is canali, shoes are burgundy AE PA.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
The rise of the pants seems too long to be worn that low. I have nothing against pants worn low, but rise should be coherent; it shouldn't peek below the jacket hem.post #43331 of 787211/16/13 at 12:04ampost #43332 of 787211/16/13 at 12:25amI´ve tried it before and you are correct it does look better. Due to the material however it takes a bit more time to shape the knot correctly and I just didn´t have time this moring
so I just used the Windsor(Which is my usual knot for ties of that shape) and ran out the door as 6 this morning. I know, I know, being late is no excuse for sartorial slobbishnesspost #43333 of 787211/16/13 at 12:56amQuote:Originally Posted by twistoffat
I´ve tried it before and you are correct it does look better. Due to the material however it takes a bit more time to shape the knot correctly and I just didn´t have time this moring
so I just used the Windsor(Which is my usual knot for ties of that shape) and ran out the door as 6 this morning. I know, I know, being late is no excuse for sartorial slobbishness
You still look better than this guy...post #43334 of 787211/16/13 at 2:25ampost #43335 of 787211/16/13 at 4:24amIt's raining in NYC, so suit-wearing is out. I've been wearing this combo of SC and trousers for a while - it's due a visit to the dry cleaner's soon, but perhaps it's presentable enough for this thread. Please note the SF-approved touches of robo-pose, and the use of a solid brown tie.
Sports coat, trousers, shirt - BB
Tie - JAB
PS - Robert Talbott
Shoes - Finsbury, Paris
Raincoat - Burberry
Scarf - Johnstons of Elgin
Hat - Weatherproof
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s Moral and Sartorial...
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 5 seconds ago
- › Clinch boots, by Brass Tokyo 51 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 2 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › Lawless Denim & Co (Phoenix, Arizona) 5 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 7 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 8 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Affiliate Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton,... 10 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015