Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/14/11 at 9:21am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 10/31/12 at 5:14pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 1/30/13 at 10:57pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Edited on 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Edited on 5/31/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- Crane's Country Store
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Four Horsemen Shop
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Hiras Fashion
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Mes Chausettes Rouges
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Tanner Goods/Woodlands Supply
- Tate + Yoko
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Tiberias Clothing
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2881
Thanks, I rate the cottonwork shirts fairly highly for the price point. Like any online mtm place where you cant feel the fabrics i've had a few shockers but at the very least my fit is dialed in and they are very flexible with little additions like lighter interlining etc. That being said, now I'm slowly introducing shirts to my own line I'm buying them less and less. If I had to try a new mtm maker online i'd probably give luxire a shot, they seem to be putting out some nice stuff.
Thanks. Good to hear about the interlining. The one shirt of theirs I saw had a very, very stiff collar and cuffs. If they will lighten it up, that's good to hear.
Don't buy into that claptrap.
Crewneck + tie always looks sad.
There is nothing apparent about the proletude of v--necks.
- just kidding guys....
The high v-neck is a persistant problem where I live. Finding a suitably low one is a major pain in the a**. However, I find that I like the higher v-neck when I'm not wearing a tie. I guess the solution is two sweaters in every color!
Edit: action shot of tieless fit
Edited by black_umbrella - 1/14/13 at 2:51pm
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Wow. Classic example of a three pattern match that "should" work, but doesn't. You even had the high contrast, relatively dark tie concept working in your favour.
I think the problem is that the colors are too well matched, The base color of the tie and the over-check on the sc are just too close in hue and tone to keep the patterns from clashing..
A navy or black tie with a woven pattern in between the shirt stripe scale and the sc plaid scale would make this an outstanding outfit despite the lack of contrast between sc and trousers. I recommend a black tie. Navy would brighten it a bit and even a bitter chocolate woven pattern tie would work with brown shoes.
Just an opinion not based on science.
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 9 seconds ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 2 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 2 minutes ago
- › The WAYWT Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › "Back in the day" photo contest 4 minutes ago
- › PERFECT Kiton Oxford Shirt!!! 15.5/39 DROP! 4 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 4 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 5 minutes ago
- › Carmina Navy Shell Cordovan Jodhpur Boot MTO 5 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Alden Indy Boot 403 Brown Chromexcel by Shavely Manden
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boot by blue suede shoes
- › Isaia Coral Lapel Pin by carre567
- › Kiton Napoli WearRight Dark Green Soft suede Loafers 11.5 *Handmade* by BearBindell
- › Red Wing Men's 6" Iron Ranger Boot by ranger21
- › Alfred Sargent Moore by Harrydog
- › Bright orange green paisley pattern silk tie by Holtemor
- › Allen-Edmonds Men's Leeds Oxfords,Black,10 C by trouble
- › Jos. A. Bank Signature Gold 2-Button Wool Suit by JJTV
- › Frye Men's Wallace Oxford by RandyE
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › So you want to design your own clothes? by DaveJames
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear) by alyssaw