I know, however, it has recently been pointed out to me that v-necks are apparently very "upper prole." I may be making the switch to crewnecks exclusively.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2881post #43201 of 787241/14/13 at 1:42pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #43202 of 787241/14/13 at 1:43pmpost #43203 of 787241/14/13 at 1:46pmQuote:Originally Posted by Charlie's Wardrobe
Thanks, I rate the cottonwork shirts fairly highly for the price point. Like any online mtm place where you cant feel the fabrics i've had a few shockers but at the very least my fit is dialed in and they are very flexible with little additions like lighter interlining etc. That being said, now I'm slowly introducing shirts to my own line I'm buying them less and less. If I had to try a new mtm maker online i'd probably give luxire a shot, they seem to be putting out some nice stuff.
Thanks. Good to hear about the interlining. The one shirt of theirs I saw had a very, very stiff collar and cuffs. If they will lighten it up, that's good to hear.post #43204 of 787241/14/13 at 1:50pmQuote:
Don't buy into that claptrap.post #43205 of 787241/14/13 at 1:55pmpost #43206 of 787241/14/13 at 1:59pmQuote:
- just kidding guys....
The high v-neck is a persistant problem where I live. Finding a suitably low one is a major pain in the a**. However, I find that I like the higher v-neck when I'm not wearing a tie. I guess the solution is two sweaters in every color!
Edit: action shot of tieless fit
Edited by black_umbrella - 1/14/13 at 2:51pmpost #43207 of 787241/14/13 at 3:18pmpost #43208 of 787241/14/13 at 3:20pmpost #43209 of 787241/14/13 at 3:24pmIt is interview season. Sorry I do not have a better picture. Never been happy with the shoulders on this suit but it was my first SF informed purchase so. Yeah. Missed posting in here. Maybe when I get a j.o.b. again I will be able to more.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #43210 of 787241/14/13 at 4:15pmpost #43211 of 787241/14/13 at 4:22pmQuote:
Wow. Classic example of a three pattern match that "should" work, but doesn't. You even had the high contrast, relatively dark tie concept working in your favour.
I think the problem is that the colors are too well matched, The base color of the tie and the over-check on the sc are just too close in hue and tone to keep the patterns from clashing..
A navy or black tie with a woven pattern in between the shirt stripe scale and the sc plaid scale would make this an outstanding outfit despite the lack of contrast between sc and trousers. I recommend a black tie. Navy would brighten it a bit and even a bitter chocolate woven pattern tie would work with brown shoes.
Just an opinion not based on science.post #43212 of 787241/14/13 at 4:34pmpost #43213 of 787241/14/13 at 4:34pmpost #43214 of 787241/14/13 at 5:00pmQuote:
I actually think the crewneck /tie combo is pretty old school university-like. Works better with a slightly wider crewneck though.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › 2014-2015 OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD (+ Brazil 2014) - Football, Soccer,... 1 minute ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 6 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 7 minutes ago
- › How do you think this suit fits? Please do let me know! 8 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 8 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 11 minutes ago
- › Arrow Moccasins, size 10.5 11 minutes ago
- › Foster & Son/Henry Maxwell: Official Affiliate Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 14 minutes ago
- › Current Quality of Church's Shoes 16 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)