Thanks. It is from Suitsupply.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2873post #43081 of 787231/11/13 at 8:16am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #43082 of 787231/11/13 at 8:25ampost #43083 of 787231/11/13 at 8:31ampost #43084 of 787231/11/13 at 8:31amQuote:
thanks. its a robert talbott 7 fold i got for my sisters wedding, about 4 years ago. pre forum days and i paid retail at nordstrom.
thanks, mang.Quote:Originally Posted by Holdfast
I think he probably has. What I would add is to ask how much padding there is in the shoulder? Reason is that at least in this pic, the shoulder line bulges, reflecting your underlying physique. I think a clean line looks better on most people. I don't advocate heavy/linebacker padding, but I do think there's a middle ground to be had which cleans up the shoulder line while not overbulking the look. In the end, personal preference on padding will outweigh this consideration, but in absence of a strong lean that way, it's something to think about when choosing items. ymmv, naturally.
thanks for the feedback HF. there is some padding in the shoulders, not a lot, but more than most of my others i think. i have pretty decent sized shoulders, so i dont need a lot of padding generally, but the jacket is a touch big. he only took it in at the waist all the way up to the armholes. did a fantastic job of making it look like a well fitted SC not a burlap potato sack, imo. but he did not do any work on the shoulders. i didnt ask him too.
its not the best fitting SC i have, and ideally id like to get that shoulder line cleaner, but for now i think its good. it might invest more into it later.
thanks again. your insight is always well thought out and appreciated.post #43085 of 787231/11/13 at 8:32ampost #43086 of 787231/11/13 at 8:54am
AE Cliftons in walnut. I have three Cliftons and those are my favorite. They go so well with light gray slacks.Quote:
Gracias. Probably a combination of a couple of things. Basically I stopped trying to go casual so quickly. I've always been comfortable with suits (hence a large collection of Hugo Boss and Thomas Pink silk ties that are now all but unused), so I think conservative blazers are an excellent stepping stone to slightly more unusual sports coats (those with patterns). I'd like eventually to be able to wear those well, but lately I've been staying deeper in my comfort zone.
And then of course there are the SF influenced purchases (though actually, with the exception of the ties, all the recent posts were things I've already owned pre SF membership).
Having gotten a tripod I think helps.
I've recently gotten a few jackets back from the tailors and still have another 6 I think there...just getting the sleeves shortened as I had already been tailoring for fit. I have no idea why I didn't like cuffs before...group think has got me and I'm raising my sleeves more than previously. But the tailor is so damnably slow.
Finally, of course, SF has improved my taste. I've been disappointed with the amount of critical feedback I've been getting the last couple of weeks...I have to do something really wrong for someone to give me advice...but learning through osmosis is definitely happening. I think that's the thing I miss the most about thumbs....lots of quick advice in those that really helped me.
I suspect tomorrows fit will be less successful. Trying to figure out what to do with a green wool Rooster knit. The three jackets that it would go with are all at the tailors.post #43087 of 787231/11/13 at 9:12amQuote:
I think what you're seeing is some shoulder twisting, rather than his actual physique. Happens when a rather structured coat doesn't follow your shoulder line perfectly; in fact I think less, or softer padding, might help.
Edited by RDiaz - 1/12/13 at 10:22ampost #43088 of 787231/11/13 at 10:09ampost #43089 of 787231/11/13 at 10:15ampost #43090 of 787231/11/13 at 10:21ampost #43091 of 787231/11/13 at 10:25ampost #43092 of 787231/11/13 at 10:41ampost #43093 of 787231/11/13 at 10:45amQuote:Originally Posted by sugarbutch
Thanks, Ian and HF.
Stitchy, I presume you had the waist taken in a bit on the SC? Looks good. An observation about your socks: I think you may be getting the wrong size. The contrasting heel portion shouldn't be so visible from that angle, suggesting that the foot portion is a bit too long.
Nice suit! Where are the glasses and the moustache?post #43094 of 787231/11/13 at 10:48am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Vanson/Styleforum/Thurston Bros slim fit Japanese double rider MTO 50 seconds ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 54 seconds ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 2 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 4 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 6 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 8 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 8 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)