Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 9:25 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 9:50 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2872post #43066 of 787221/11/13 at 5:13am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #43067 of 787221/11/13 at 5:25am
A moore casual (for me), tweedy Friday - vintage chocolate brown tweed jacket from Egon von Furstenberg, and very thick vintage 60s tweed tie from some French boutique (the material is so thick that this is about as narrow as I can get the knot to be), Ben Sherman OCBD and J-Crew navy wool vest... but first the coat (Conference of Birds) and a nice new Xmas present scarf (Lochcaron, in my mother's clan colours). No robo-pose today - there's no point as the navy trousers I am wearing just look like a silhouette with this camera.post #43068 of 787221/11/13 at 6:11amQuote:
I'm not a fan of that tie either but everything else is off the chain (are the kids still saying that?)
I missed the multi-quote button, but the fit a few up...dark suit w/ grey cardigan and brown suede shoes...awesome!post #43069 of 787221/11/13 at 6:32ampost #43070 of 787221/11/13 at 6:34ampost #43071 of 787221/11/13 at 7:17amQuote:Originally Posted by upr_crust
Something more casual (and off the wall) with which to end the week.
Blazer, waistcoat, shirt, cap and cords - BB
PS - Robert Talbott
Shoes - Alden
Overcoat - Joseph Abboud
Scarf - Johnstons of Elgin
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Really digging it.post #43072 of 787221/11/13 at 7:18ampost #43073 of 787221/11/13 at 7:29ampost #43074 of 787221/11/13 at 7:33ampost #43075 of 787221/11/13 at 7:35ampost #43076 of 787221/11/13 at 7:49ampost #43077 of 787221/11/13 at 7:51ampost #43078 of 787221/11/13 at 7:55am
I had a shirt in the same fabric/pattern, I think. Had the devil of a time pairing it with anything because either the scale or the intensity of the colours seemed off. But it really works well here.
I'll assume you're telling the truth about the handkerchief. ;)Originally Posted by Braddock
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
This a great way to introduce some fresh/vivid colour without it overwhelming the rest of the look. I think it's because it's within the same colour family, just a lot brighter.Originally Posted by in stitches
just got this SC back from the tailor. i think he did a great job with it.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I think he probably has. What I would add is to ask how much padding there is in the shoulder? Reason is that at least in this pic, the shoulder line bulges, reflecting your underlying physique. I think a clean line looks better on most people. I don't advocate heavy/linebacker padding, but I do think there's a middle ground to be had which cleans up the shoulder line while not overbulking the look. In the end, personal preference on padding will outweigh this consideration, but in absence of a strong lean that way, it's something to think about when choosing items. ymmv, naturally.
A casual end to the week.
(NOBD, this is the beige Lockie roll neck I mentioned a couple of days ago. As you can see it has more presence than the thinner white Ballantyne from that day's look. More casual, and more versatile. The photo doesn't really illustrate the natural colour variations I can see IRL, but you get the overall idea.)post #43079 of 787221/11/13 at 8:00ampost #43080 of 787221/11/13 at 8:15am
You're getting a lot of great use out of that scarf, timotune. It really is great, particularly for your personal wardrobe as it meshes with your preferred colour palette exceptionally well. Did you ever mention the maker?
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Like new Brioni gun club check jacket, size 38(48EU), strong shoulders 2 minutes ago
- › STEPHAN SCHNEIDER - AW12 scarf 6 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 6 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 8 minutes ago
- › STEPHAN SCHNEIDER - Viscose Oversized coat (SZ. 6) 8 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 11 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 11 minutes ago
- › STEPHAN SCHNEIDER - Hooded coat (SZ. 5) 12 minutes ago
- › STEPHAN SCHNEIDER Black/White cardigan (SZ. 6) [PRICE DROP] 22 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...