Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2872post #43066 of 787231/11/13 at 5:13am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #43067 of 787231/11/13 at 5:25am
A moore casual (for me), tweedy Friday - vintage chocolate brown tweed jacket from Egon von Furstenberg, and very thick vintage 60s tweed tie from some French boutique (the material is so thick that this is about as narrow as I can get the knot to be), Ben Sherman OCBD and J-Crew navy wool vest... but first the coat (Conference of Birds) and a nice new Xmas present scarf (Lochcaron, in my mother's clan colours). No robo-pose today - there's no point as the navy trousers I am wearing just look like a silhouette with this camera.post #43068 of 787231/11/13 at 6:11amQuote:
I'm not a fan of that tie either but everything else is off the chain (are the kids still saying that?)
I missed the multi-quote button, but the fit a few up...dark suit w/ grey cardigan and brown suede shoes...awesome!post #43069 of 787231/11/13 at 6:32ampost #43070 of 787231/11/13 at 6:34ampost #43071 of 787231/11/13 at 7:17amQuote:Originally Posted by upr_crust
Something more casual (and off the wall) with which to end the week.
Blazer, waistcoat, shirt, cap and cords - BB
PS - Robert Talbott
Shoes - Alden
Overcoat - Joseph Abboud
Scarf - Johnstons of Elgin
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Really digging it.post #43072 of 787231/11/13 at 7:18ampost #43073 of 787231/11/13 at 7:29ampost #43074 of 787231/11/13 at 7:33ampost #43075 of 787231/11/13 at 7:35ampost #43076 of 787231/11/13 at 7:49ampost #43077 of 787231/11/13 at 7:51ampost #43078 of 787231/11/13 at 7:55am
I had a shirt in the same fabric/pattern, I think. Had the devil of a time pairing it with anything because either the scale or the intensity of the colours seemed off. But it really works well here.
I'll assume you're telling the truth about the handkerchief. ;)Originally Posted by Braddock
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
This a great way to introduce some fresh/vivid colour without it overwhelming the rest of the look. I think it's because it's within the same colour family, just a lot brighter.Originally Posted by in stitches
just got this SC back from the tailor. i think he did a great job with it.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I think he probably has. What I would add is to ask how much padding there is in the shoulder? Reason is that at least in this pic, the shoulder line bulges, reflecting your underlying physique. I think a clean line looks better on most people. I don't advocate heavy/linebacker padding, but I do think there's a middle ground to be had which cleans up the shoulder line while not overbulking the look. In the end, personal preference on padding will outweigh this consideration, but in absence of a strong lean that way, it's something to think about when choosing items. ymmv, naturally.
A casual end to the week.
(NOBD, this is the beige Lockie roll neck I mentioned a couple of days ago. As you can see it has more presence than the thinner white Ballantyne from that day's look. More casual, and more versatile. The photo doesn't really illustrate the natural colour variations I can see IRL, but you get the overall idea.)post #43079 of 787231/11/13 at 8:00ampost #43080 of 787231/11/13 at 8:15am
You're getting a lot of great use out of that scarf, timotune. It really is great, particularly for your personal wardrobe as it meshes with your preferred colour palette exceptionally well. Did you ever mention the maker?
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 8 seconds ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 1 minute ago
- › Things you just don't get 1 minute ago
- › things that are making you happy 1 minute ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 2 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 6 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 7 minutes ago
- › The Official Hair Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)