+1. very nice diaz, blue and brown are great.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 2/18/14 at 2:14am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2862
Styleforum Top Picks
thx. gdl suggested that I try these trousers with a blue jacket, and I got this one for Christmas, which works well (other blue jackets I have don't work as well, IMO; must be the texture)
As self-criticism, I believe a slightly lighter tie would have worked better, but I wasn't satisfied with any of the ones I have...
I wore a jacket like that with the same color pants but I had the white linen PS w/light blue border and a white shirt. No tie.
You look good!
Medium blue irregular stripe 4x2 double-breasted jacket paired with 1930s/40s art deco rayon tie, dark brown pants, dark brown pocket square, and pinned collar. The jacket's a modified (from 4x1) Pierre Cardin with marginally widened button stance and two buttons on the sleeves, but I can't seem to figure out the material. Probably a blend. The jacket hasn't been pressed properly in a while. I've got matching pants but they're short enough to be plus-sixes and a fabric like this seems more sportcoat-like to me anyway.
I really like the tie colours and the shirt is fine with it to me. At least in the robopose-ish photo (which I appreciate isn't at an ideal angle for commenting on fit), the jacket seems a little tight at the button, while being a fraction too lean across the front of the chest, causing th. It's not obvious in the sitting photo, so it's really not a dealbreaker, and in any case don't think much can be done in the chest, but perhaps if the jacket was let out about half an inch at the waist, it might settle a little better. It would be a workaround rather than a fix, admittedly.
Ha! You've noticed my injury and off-season-related weight gain! I'm a few pounds - well, more like 7lbs - over my racing weight right now. Once I have been back in training for a couple of months, it will fit as sleekly as you like, and it might even end up looking a bit loose...
Thank you. I'll probably find an opportunity to wear it later this week or at the weekend. It's not heavily mottled; just a little natural colour variegation that - in conjunction with the thicker fabric - adds a little more laid-back character. Not quite like your (IIRC) Boglioli blue turtleneck but much more towards that end of the spectrum than today's much slicker jumper.
I understand. I have a couple of heathered lambswool Lockie sweaters ('Astra' and 'Moorland'), and they're great. (Heathered is 'mélanged', right?) Yours is cashmere?
First attempt at 4 patterns.
Suit has a windowpane (see 2nd and 3rd photos) Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
A bit too much color coordination for my taste. You might find a more responsive audience in the Peacock WAYWRN thread, though.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Comfortably one of the nicest colour combinations you've worn; very nicely done indeed. I think this combination would also play even better with cords instead of flannel trousers.
Excellent recommendation, C. Stitchy, get thee to the cordery!
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Could hardly disagree more. This looks very much like an orphaned suitcoat.
A bit of a provocative combination today. I posted this tie a while back and folks here werent a fan. I still think there is hope for it but you can be the judge, it is a Drakes Madder.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I like the tie and the hank, but not together.
Also, would it kill you to put a dimple in that tie?
I think this tie might also look good with earthier colors around it (think richer green or deeper grey tweed herringbones).
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 14 seconds ago
- › The WAYWT Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 2 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 4 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoo Porn Theard 4 minutes ago
- › Superman VS Batman - Movie Thread (July 17, 2015) 5 minutes ago
- › TRADE: 3sixteen SL-100x sz 32 for sz 33 5 minutes ago
- › Wolverine 1000 mile 744 LTD Boots 7 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers) by alyssaw