Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/14/11 at 9:21am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 12/2/13 at 4:49pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Bison Made
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Four Horsemen Shop
- GABE Tailored
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Jeffrey George
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Upstate Stock
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2861
Styleforum Top Picks
Today: trying out a new (ebay bargain) Aquascutum suit (we won't be seeing many more of these now they've collapsed). It needs half an inch off the sleeves (and the trouser length - although you can't see that here). The colour is much more olive/brown IRL. Tie is Marinelli for Drumohr. Vintage bar. Shirt is CT Black Label - which I know should probably be a slightly more casual model, but the only other shirts I had that were ironed this morning were either even less casual or the wrong colour entirely...
Bad (almost) robo-pose pic (Click to show)
Edited by FlyingMonkey - 1/12/13 at 10:39am
Today: trying out a new (ebay bargain) Aquascutum suit (we won't be saying any more of these now they've collapsed). It needs half an inch off the sleeves (and the trouser length - although you can't see that here). The colour is much more olive/brown IRL. Tie is Marinelli for Drumohr. Vintage bar. Shirt is CT Black Label - which I know should probably be a slightly more casual model, but the only other shirts I had that were ironed this morning were either even less casual or the wrong colour entirely...
Bad (almost) robo-pose pic (Click to show)
What a great tie!
Does Stollery's, corner of Yonge and Bloor, still sell Aquascutum?
Edited by clarinetplayer - 1/9/13 at 9:52am
thanks, mang. lots of hard work and irresponsible financial decisions is the only way to go!!
thank you, O. interesting idea. i like the fuzzy on fuzzy, but next time i wear the jacket i will go with some worsted, just cuz youre a good dude.
glad to hear that! and thank, bud.
I like teh fuzzy too. But I think sometimes we go too overboard with the matte, fuzzy, texture-y pieces because they're so much more interesting than smooth ones. I know I do. I've realized texture contrast is almost as important as color contrast and I need to choose clothes that work with the whole fit.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Comfortably one of the nicest colour combinations you've worn; very nicely done indeed. I think this combination would also play even better with cords instead of flannel trousers.
Today: trying out a new (ebay bargain) Aquascutum suit (we won't be saying any more of these now they've collapsed). It needs half an inch off the sleeves (and the trouser length - although you can't see that here). The colour is much more olive/brown IRL. Tie is Marinelli for Drumohr.
I really like the tie colours and the shirt is fine with it to me. At least in the robopose-ish photo (which I appreciate isn't at an ideal angle for commenting on fit), the jacket seems a little tight at the button, while being a fraction too lean across the front of the chest, causing th. It's not obvious in the sitting photo, so it's really not a dealbreaker, and in any case don't think much can be done in the chest, but perhaps if the jacket was let out about half an inch at the waist, it might settle a little better. It would be a workaround rather than a fix, admittedly.
If it's more taupe IRL, then that's a tricky colour for most people to wear but actually I think your complexion & hair colour will work well with it. Lucky you! (I look shockingly dreadful in that sort of olive/brown colour!)
Thank you. I'll probably find an opportunity to wear it later this week or at the weekend. It's not heavily mottled; just a little natural colour variegation that - in conjunction with the thicker fabric - adds a little more laid-back character. Not quite like your (IIRC) Boglioli blue turtleneck but much more towards that end of the spectrum than today's much slicker jumper.
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- › Experiencing technical difficulties or have questions about... 55 seconds ago
- › Bespoke suit in LA or SF for < 1K: impossible? 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 5 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 6 minutes ago
- › The State of Black Tie: Your Observations 12 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 12 minutes ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 12 minutes ago
- › Jack Victor Studio -- Anyone know anything? 15 minutes ago
- › BRAND NEW WITH TAGS SARTORIA PARTENOPEA STAPLE SUITS SIZES 42-44 18 minutes ago
- › Saddleback Leather Company - Official Affiliate thread 19 minutes ago
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › Herschel Ravine Black/Tan FA 12 by pfmicks
- › Vans Footwear The Barbour Classic Slip On Sneaker,10.5,Green by ATLnoob
- › Berg & Berg unlined silk bow tie (SS'13) by MTB-85
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › So you want to design your own clothes? by DaveJames
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw