You wore that jacket earlier this week, right Hal? Couldn't find the post though...
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 3:07 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
Last edited: 7/26/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2860post #42886 of 787211/9/13 at 4:05am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #42887 of 787211/9/13 at 4:23amI thought it was time to dig something out of the "archives". According to the dry cleaner's tag on today's suit, I've not worn it since May 2012.
Suit - BB Regent
Shirt & tie - Tyrwhitt
Cufflinks - Deakin & Francis, via DeNatale, NYC
PS - PRL
Shoes - Bergdorf Goodman house brand
Topcoat - Tyrwhitt
Hat - Selentino
Scarf - Ede & Ravenscroft
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #42888 of 787211/9/13 at 5:10ampost #42889 of 787211/9/13 at 5:31ampost #42890 of 787211/9/13 at 5:34ampost #42891 of 787211/9/13 at 5:36ampost #42892 of 787211/9/13 at 5:47am
Thanks. There does seem to be a broad interchangeability of the terminology though, across makers. For example, Lockie themselves (and many of the more traditional makers) refer to the style of jumper that I'm wearing as a roll neck. I've always called them turtlenecks though. Probably just my ill-educated bourgeois upbringing but I'm far too stubborn to change, so...
By the way, that guy has an even cheesier grin than I do. I must work on it more...post #42893 of 787211/9/13 at 5:53ampost #42894 of 787211/9/13 at 6:39ampost #42895 of 787211/9/13 at 6:42ampost #42896 of 787211/9/13 at 6:42ampost #42897 of 787211/9/13 at 6:44ampost #42898 of 787211/9/13 at 6:44ampost #42899 of 787211/9/13 at 6:49am
Today: trying out a new (ebay bargain) Aquascutum suit (we won't be seeing many more of these now they've collapsed). It needs half an inch off the sleeves (and the trouser length - although you can't see that here). The colour is much more olive/brown IRL. Tie is Marinelli for Drumohr. Vintage bar. Shirt is CT Black Label - which I know should probably be a slightly more casual model, but the only other shirts I had that were ironed this morning were either even less casual or the wrong colour entirely...
Edited by FlyingMonkey - 1/12/13 at 10:39ampost #42900 of 787211/9/13 at 6:53amQuote:Originally Posted by michaelyork
I got a shearling coat and in the pocket was this bag. The spare button (made of horn), and a piece of waxy board.
What is this board used for?
Can you ask the people you bought it from?
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 37 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Good tailor in Vancouver? 2 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 3 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 3 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 3 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 5 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 6 minutes ago
- › Any One for a Scotch? 8 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...