You wore that jacket earlier this week, right Hal? Couldn't find the post though...
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:34 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2860post #42886 of 787191/9/13 at 4:05am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #42887 of 787191/9/13 at 4:23amI thought it was time to dig something out of the "archives". According to the dry cleaner's tag on today's suit, I've not worn it since May 2012.
Suit - BB Regent
Shirt & tie - Tyrwhitt
Cufflinks - Deakin & Francis, via DeNatale, NYC
PS - PRL
Shoes - Bergdorf Goodman house brand
Topcoat - Tyrwhitt
Hat - Selentino
Scarf - Ede & Ravenscroft
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #42888 of 787191/9/13 at 5:10ampost #42889 of 787191/9/13 at 5:31ampost #42890 of 787191/9/13 at 5:34ampost #42891 of 787191/9/13 at 5:36ampost #42892 of 787191/9/13 at 5:47am
Thanks. There does seem to be a broad interchangeability of the terminology though, across makers. For example, Lockie themselves (and many of the more traditional makers) refer to the style of jumper that I'm wearing as a roll neck. I've always called them turtlenecks though. Probably just my ill-educated bourgeois upbringing but I'm far too stubborn to change, so...
By the way, that guy has an even cheesier grin than I do. I must work on it more...post #42893 of 787191/9/13 at 5:53ampost #42894 of 787191/9/13 at 6:39ampost #42895 of 787191/9/13 at 6:42ampost #42896 of 787191/9/13 at 6:42ampost #42897 of 787191/9/13 at 6:44ampost #42898 of 787191/9/13 at 6:44ampost #42899 of 787191/9/13 at 6:49am
Today: trying out a new (ebay bargain) Aquascutum suit (we won't be seeing many more of these now they've collapsed). It needs half an inch off the sleeves (and the trouser length - although you can't see that here). The colour is much more olive/brown IRL. Tie is Marinelli for Drumohr. Vintage bar. Shirt is CT Black Label - which I know should probably be a slightly more casual model, but the only other shirts I had that were ironed this morning were either even less casual or the wrong colour entirely...
Edited by FlyingMonkey - 1/12/13 at 10:39ampost #42900 of 787191/9/13 at 6:53amQuote:Originally Posted by michaelyork
I got a shearling coat and in the pocket was this bag. The spare button (made of horn), and a piece of waxy board.
What is this board used for?
Can you ask the people you bought it from?
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 46 seconds ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 1 minute ago
- › SF Cheap Functional Buttonholes 1 minute ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 1 minute ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 3 minutes ago
- › French Tailoring Thread (e.g. Camps de Luca, Cifonelli, Smalto and... 3 minutes ago
- › Articles of Style shop? 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 4 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1