or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2851  

post #42751 of 78722
+ 1000!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDiaz View Post

Hah! This sounds familiar...

I'm bothered with "you look ridiculous" comments everyday because I like my pants with almost no break. Learned to live with them. Coming from men with sloppy pants with hems that gather above the shoe and inseams that start at the knee, I don't care.
post #42752 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by LooksGood View Post

 

Mostly white people attend Wu Tang concerts? Are you kidding? That surprises me. Anyway, I like everyone but my favorites are Raekwon and GZA. Method Man is good but overrated.

At least that's what I noticed at the few that I've been to.  Admittedly I did not follow them city to city across the country on tour, so it may vary by city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocsosa View Post


Ghost Face is the best to me.. he is the most consistent in terms of records.. he is still releasing records that are hot..cant say that for the others..

Its a tough call to make, but I won't go as far to say that your point is not valid.  However, I feel like some of his more recent albums only had a few good songs on it, unlike Ironman or Supreme clientele where you did not want to skip any tracks.

 

That OB4CL 2 album was [sort of] a recent good one, however its very different from the original stylistically.

 

Not sure this is the right thread to discuss this, sorry for going off topic. 

post #42753 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doral View Post

Happy New Years Fellows. What I wore this past Sunda]


Deets on the hat:please
Make
Model
Brim size

Thanks.
post #42754 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDevil10 View Post

straight from the bar stool:

fantastic vest. Love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabrigian View Post

Best use of a shirt monogram I've even seen.

plusfuckingone

Quote:
Originally Posted by becnal View Post

I had some resistance too when I started bring my stuff to my tailor, but the bottom line is that you are the boss. You have to wear the clothes, not the tailor. You have to be firm and say, "Yes, I understand that you think they are long or short enough, but I don't think so, and I want them a bit shorter /longer". The tailor will adapt to your personal preferences when dealing with you. biggrin.gif

my tailor still busts my balls about it. about 50% of the time when i go back to pick them up theyre still too long and i have to have him redo.
"but when you cross your legs your pants will be up to your knees!!"

oh well. one day...ONE day ill find a guy who gets me..
post #42755 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekS View Post



oh well. one day...ONE day ill find a guy who gets me..

bounce2.gif

post #42756 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekS View Post

fantastic vest. Love it!
plusfuckingone
my tailor still busts my balls about it. about 50% of the time when i go back to pick them up theyre still too long and i have to have him redo.
"but when you cross your legs your pants will be up to your knees!!"
oh well. one day...ONE day ill find a guy who gets me..

And he will be a very lucky man.

The wife and I took an impromptu night out last night, so I thought I'd see how my dad's old pea coat looked before I got it altered.

post #42757 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by becnal View Post

I had some resistance too when I started bring my stuff to my tailor, but the bottom line is that you are the boss. You have to wear the clothes, not the tailor. You have to be firm and say, "Yes, I understand that you think they are long or short enough, but I don't think so, and I want them a bit shorter /longer". The tailor will adapt to your personal preferences when dealing with you. biggrin.gif


I like a lot of break. My tailor always gave me crap about it when I brought in jackets to be altered. Then she started hemming my pants for free. You might ask if this involves me waiting around my tailors' in boxers reading a book. And the answer is yes, yes it does. This has happened twice (but the second time I had had a pair of pants there to be altered, so I just wore those to Starbucks, had a coffee, and came back and switched them out to the pants I was wearing that day). We compromised on half break. 

 

Also, does anybody else have a female alteration tailor? It seems a bit weird, but she's been great so far compared to my previous tailor (especially on the shoulders of a few jackets), and a number of people have confirmed that she's one of the better ones in Seoul.  She is, however, slower than salvation.

post #42758 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post



Also, does anybody else have a female alteration tailor? It seems a bit weird, but she's been great so far compared to my previous tailor (especially on the shoulders of a few jackets), and a number of people have confirmed that she's one of the better ones in Seoul.  She is, however, slower than salvation.

Where are you in Seoul and who do you use? If I need something done, I just bring it to my actual tailor.
post #42759 of 78722
From earlier this week.



post #42760 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post


I like a lot of break. My tailor always gave me crap about it when I brought in jackets to be altered. Then she started hemming my pants for free. You might ask if this involves me waiting around my tailors' in boxers reading a book. And the answer is yes, yes it does. This has happened twice (but the second time I had had a pair of pants there to be altered, so I just wore those to Starbucks, had a coffee, and came back and switched them out to the pants I was wearing that day). We compromised on half break. 

 

The thing is that neither a full break nor a minimal break are wrong per se, unless the break is excessive or socks are showing, of course. And depending on how wide the leg opening is, you might want more or less break. But in the end, it's all down to personal preference, and that is what the tailor should understand, instead of trying to impose what he likes...

post #42761 of 78722

Not happy with the lighting in the full body picture. An infrared remote is in the mail.

 

1000

 

Trying to get comfortable with cuffing the occasional trouser. The crease is tilting a bit as I lean over to use the camera.

1000

post #42762 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post



Also, does anybody else have a female alteration tailor? It seems a bit weird, but she's been great so far compared to my previous tailor (especially on the shoulders of a few jackets), and a number of people have confirmed that she's one of the better ones in Seoul.  She is, however, slower than salvation.

My alterations tailor is a Vietnamese lady and she's excellent, does what I ask and always prompt. She happens to be both good natured and gorgeous too which is an added bonus! I haven't yet broached the subject of sitting in her shop in me undercrackers while she works on me strides, not sure my missus would approve!
post #42763 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakes11771 View Post

Quoted for truth.

 

I like a lot of the GZA and Ghostface solo too. However, I thought only white people listened to Wu Tang.  At least that is who mostly attends their concerts.

newsflash-  mostly white people attend all rap concerts

post #42764 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelman 17 View Post

Shirt brand? Borrelli?

post #42765 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naka View Post

Is that shirt light blue or white? The pale pink with the grey is fantastic.
One day I will have trousers that fit that well.

White
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic Man View Post

I like the concept but I would have gone with a more subdued tie. Perhaps an eggplant or wine color. On the other hand, I've never been able to reconcile the British love for pink ties. wink.gif

I tried that but i felt that the suit really overpowered a more subdued tie and then it tended to look rather old fashioned as well. It looks good with a sky blue tie as well. These pale grey suits are quite trendy now but do only look really good with a few shirt tie combinations I think. If you get it wrong the look is rather weak think Nixon vs Kennedy or it actually looks rather cheap.

Cloth is 16 oz by the way, very warm.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III