Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Yesterday at 11:58 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 1:41 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest?Last edited: 5/10/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2848
Styleforum Top Pickspost #42707 of 787211/5/13 at 7:46ampost #42708 of 787211/5/13 at 7:58am
Flickr 上 CHA-K 的 20130104_150008
Two rules are breached:
1) No Brown in Town?
2) Structured shoulder for country suit?
Results? Total FU nicely
p.s. Cloth by Harrison of Edinburgh Fine Classic (old stock), 3 button notch coat, 6 button waistcoat (no lapel), fishtail trouser without back pockets (sloppiest due to the absence of braces during fitting). Second Fitting.post #42709 of 787211/5/13 at 8:12amMeh, lots of people wear brown in town, and classic English hacking jackets (tweed, as country as it gets) are pretty structured garments.
Nice fit on the jacket, but looks like the pants are a bit too long...post #42710 of 787211/5/13 at 8:45ampost #42711 of 787211/5/13 at 8:57ampost #42712 of 787211/5/13 at 9:02ampost #42713 of 787211/5/13 at 9:32am
Top half is great, but I think the trousers could stand to be a few shades darker to contrast a bit better with the jacket. Also - and I appreciate this is a bit rich coming from me - I think the jacket might be a half-inch or so too long in the body, maybe.Originally Posted by Albert Hal
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Nice colours. You know, I saw a near-idently fabric in a Zegna suit the other day. Very nice (would have been tempted if it had fit me better). You have a real eye for finding good vintage items.Originally Posted by Tirailleur1
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Great personality in this outfit (the colour scheme, the shirt fabric & monogram, etc). Really great.
Even so, I'd suggest double-checking the trouser length (while wearing braces) at the final fitting.
The suit seems fairly typically English in style, and not particularly FU. I like that style of suit though. I'm not convinced the colour flatters you, but that may just be a combination of the mint shirt and the artificial/interior lighting. It looks taupe/olive here and that's a tricker shade to wear. A richer/darker green or brown tends to work better on many skin tones I think.post #42714 of 787211/5/13 at 9:45ampost #42715 of 787211/5/13 at 9:58ampost #42716 of 787211/5/13 at 10:02ampost #42717 of 787211/5/13 at 10:15amQuote:Originally Posted by HoldfastQuote:
Top half is great, but I think the trousers could stand to be a few shades darker to contrast a bit better with the jacket. Also - and I appreciate this is a bit rich coming from me - I think the jacket might be a half-inch or so too long in the body, maybe.
I think the trousers are actually a bit lighter than they appear in the picture. I've worn this with darker gray, and I'm not sure it's better. You can be the judge when next I post that combo. re jacket length, it's definitely at the longer end of acceptable on me. The squarish fronts accentuate the appearance of length, I think.post #42718 of 787211/5/13 at 10:51amQuote:Originally Posted by Claghorn
That's the second Texas college football comment you've made today. You go to school here (Texas, not Seoul)?
And damn the SEC.Quote:No I am not an Aggie. Been here in College Station since 1997 working for Texas Engineering Extension Service (TEEX). My x-wife was though.post #42719 of 787211/5/13 at 11:08ampost #42720 of 787211/5/13 at 11:10amQuote:
How can you tell without knowing what's underneath?
It doesn't look that baggy to me, at least in the bottom. It may need tailoring, but a size smaller could have been too small. The man just doesn't seem to be one of those who can wear a slim fit (though by no means fat)
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 42 seconds ago
- › Strike Gold Jeans from Japan 1 minute ago
- › Self Edge SF/NY/LA/PDX - Japanese Denim & More (Iron Heart,... 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Delray Black - 8.5 D 2 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 3 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 4 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 4 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 5 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 6 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 6 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan