Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2846
Styleforum Top Pickspost #42677 of 787241/4/13 at 12:26pmpost #42678 of 787241/4/13 at 12:31pmpost #42679 of 787241/4/13 at 12:32pmpost #42680 of 787241/4/13 at 12:34pmpost #42681 of 787241/4/13 at 12:35pmpost #42682 of 787241/4/13 at 12:38pmpost #42683 of 787241/4/13 at 12:57pmpost #42684 of 787241/4/13 at 12:58pmQuote:Originally Posted by clapeyron
high waisted pents step one. highrise (Click to show)
Every once in a while I'm tempted to try a pair of high waisted pents.
If you can't quite pull it off, there's no way that I can.
Despite the waistband above your ribcage, you still look good - really like the rest of the fit.post #42685 of 787241/4/13 at 12:59pmpost #42686 of 787241/4/13 at 1:03pmpost #42687 of 787241/4/13 at 1:03pmpost #42688 of 787241/4/13 at 1:16pmQuote:
I think he's not pulling them off well because a) those pants don't look like they were made to be worn that high and b) it looks like he hiked them up so high they ended up being short.
Other than that, I think that's where the waistband on dress pants should always fall, specially when wearing a jacket with a low button stance like that one.post #42689 of 787241/4/13 at 1:20pmQuote:
That's definitely part of it. They're hemmed so short it's rough to distinguish between a higher rise and Urkel.
I realize I'm on the wrong side of history but I think a thin guy is better off with a lower rise unless he's wearing a vest.post #42690 of 787241/4/13 at 1:26pm
Well, seriously, I don't think he's actually wearing them that high. I think the low button stance is contributing to the Urkel effect, but the pants seem to be at his waist, not above his ribcage.
And I believe thin people actually look better than phat dudes in a high rise. A bigger guy with pants hiked up high will look even wider because of the horizontal to vertical dimension ratio of his apparent upper body.. a thin man will look more proportioned. Unless he's got really long legs.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 1 minute ago
- › wearing golf polo shirts casually? 3 minutes ago
- › ‘vintage like’ special run Garza to be made by Patrizio Cappelli -... 7 minutes ago
- › Dress shirt and shoes with denim? 7 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 8 minutes ago
- › E.G. Cappelli Store now LIVE! 11 minutes ago
- › Recent Purchases 16 minutes ago
- › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask... 20 minutes ago
- › AMAZING TOJ EXCHANGE THREAD (Don't sell for a loss. Trade for... 24 minutes ago
- › *** The official PATRIK ERVELL thread *** 25 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)