Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 2:34 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2846
Styleforum Top Pickspost #42677 of 787221/4/13 at 12:26pmpost #42678 of 787221/4/13 at 12:31pmpost #42679 of 787221/4/13 at 12:32pmpost #42680 of 787221/4/13 at 12:34pmpost #42681 of 787221/4/13 at 12:35pmpost #42682 of 787221/4/13 at 12:38pmpost #42683 of 787221/4/13 at 12:57pmpost #42684 of 787221/4/13 at 12:58pmQuote:Originally Posted by clapeyron
high waisted pents step one. highrise (Click to show)
Every once in a while I'm tempted to try a pair of high waisted pents.
If you can't quite pull it off, there's no way that I can.
Despite the waistband above your ribcage, you still look good - really like the rest of the fit.post #42685 of 787221/4/13 at 12:59pmpost #42686 of 787221/4/13 at 1:03pmpost #42687 of 787221/4/13 at 1:03pmpost #42688 of 787221/4/13 at 1:16pmQuote:
I think he's not pulling them off well because a) those pants don't look like they were made to be worn that high and b) it looks like he hiked them up so high they ended up being short.
Other than that, I think that's where the waistband on dress pants should always fall, specially when wearing a jacket with a low button stance like that one.post #42689 of 787221/4/13 at 1:20pmQuote:
That's definitely part of it. They're hemmed so short it's rough to distinguish between a higher rise and Urkel.
I realize I'm on the wrong side of history but I think a thin guy is better off with a lower rise unless he's wearing a vest.post #42690 of 787221/4/13 at 1:26pm
Well, seriously, I don't think he's actually wearing them that high. I think the low button stance is contributing to the Urkel effect, but the pants seem to be at his waist, not above his ribcage.
And I believe thin people actually look better than phat dudes in a high rise. A bigger guy with pants hiked up high will look even wider because of the horizontal to vertical dimension ratio of his apparent upper body.. a thin man will look more proportioned. Unless he's got really long legs.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 39 seconds ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 53 seconds ago
- › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine 2 minutes ago
- › The 10 Best White Shirts for Every Body Type 5 minutes ago
- › Intro to Dress boots 6 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 6 minutes ago
- › Why all the hate for wholecuts? 7 minutes ago
- › For sale: Epaulet pindot shirt size small 7 minutes ago
- › Raw Ingredient and Mise en Place porn thread. 8 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...