Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 5:50 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2846post #42676 of 787211/4/13 at 12:26pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #42677 of 787211/4/13 at 12:31pmpost #42678 of 787211/4/13 at 12:32pmpost #42679 of 787211/4/13 at 12:34pmpost #42680 of 787211/4/13 at 12:35pmpost #42681 of 787211/4/13 at 12:38pmpost #42682 of 787211/4/13 at 12:57pmpost #42683 of 787211/4/13 at 12:58pmQuote:Originally Posted by clapeyron
high waisted pents step one. highrise (Click to show)
Every once in a while I'm tempted to try a pair of high waisted pents.
If you can't quite pull it off, there's no way that I can.
Despite the waistband above your ribcage, you still look good - really like the rest of the fit.post #42684 of 787211/4/13 at 12:59pmpost #42685 of 787211/4/13 at 1:03pmpost #42686 of 787211/4/13 at 1:03pmpost #42687 of 787211/4/13 at 1:16pmQuote:
I think he's not pulling them off well because a) those pants don't look like they were made to be worn that high and b) it looks like he hiked them up so high they ended up being short.
Other than that, I think that's where the waistband on dress pants should always fall, specially when wearing a jacket with a low button stance like that one.post #42688 of 787211/4/13 at 1:20pmQuote:
That's definitely part of it. They're hemmed so short it's rough to distinguish between a higher rise and Urkel.
I realize I'm on the wrong side of history but I think a thin guy is better off with a lower rise unless he's wearing a vest.post #42689 of 787211/4/13 at 1:26pm
Well, seriously, I don't think he's actually wearing them that high. I think the low button stance is contributing to the Urkel effect, but the pants seem to be at his waist, not above his ribcage.
And I believe thin people actually look better than phat dudes in a high rise. A bigger guy with pants hiked up high will look even wider because of the horizontal to vertical dimension ratio of his apparent upper body.. a thin man will look more proportioned. Unless he's got really long legs.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 15 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 3 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 3 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 5 minutes ago
- › Simone Abbarchi shirts - Florence 6 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge: Creative Business Casual 9 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Nike + Kevin Lyons - AIR YOU BREATHE - Windrunner Medium 10 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...