Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 2:34 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2842
Styleforum Top Pickspost #42617 of 787221/3/13 at 3:47pmpost #42618 of 787221/3/13 at 3:50pmpost #42619 of 787221/3/13 at 3:54pmQuote:I think you should take some time and reflect on the pose. You may need shock treatments or a very high dose of medication. I would suggest a quart of vodka and 2 Vicodin. Oh thats right I only play a doctor on TV.............Originally Posted by Holdfast
Haven't been following the thread much over the holidays, but a brief skim reveals some nice stuff. timotune's cool scarf stands out.
A few recent looks, one from just before Xmas and a couple from this week. As you can tell, I'm still more or less in a non-work mindset. I also don't know whether to be impressed or concerned by the consistency of the pose...post #42620 of 787221/3/13 at 4:19pmpost #42621 of 787221/3/13 at 4:23pmpost #42622 of 787221/3/13 at 4:31pmpost #42623 of 787221/3/13 at 5:22pm
1. The pic with the green SC, It looks too big in the SC collar, but fair colours overall
2. The pic with grey SC, the shirt collar looks too big for you. (there is collar gape round the side and back of the shirt collar).
3. Grey SC looks very wide in the chest area and could be tapered at the waist to give a better fit.
Edited by Johnboy - 1/4/13 at 12:28ampost #42624 of 787221/3/13 at 5:27pm
Yeah, I'd agree with the others they're hiked up a bit further than they're meant to sit (deliberately so to exaggerate the effect?), but remedy that and they'll probably be OK provided the trouser leg becomes long enough. More importantly, that woman's hair is extraordinary. It's as long as she is tall! Did you ask her how long it took to grow it out that far?Originally Posted by sugarbutch
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
There's a certain somewhat nerdy/old-fashioned vibe to this that I think would be pleasantly enhanced by removing the square, or at least using a square fold in a linen.
Pocket protector instead optional.
It shows. Real professionals use gin.post #42625 of 787221/3/13 at 5:47pm
It's good that you're trying a higher rise, but this might be a touch too high,and the high cuffs throw it way off - something between this and your previous fits would be ideal. For these pants I'd try wearing them a tiny bit lower and/or lowering the cuff a bit.post #42626 of 787221/3/13 at 5:58pmQuote:Originally Posted by Holdfast
Yeah, I'd agree with the others they're hiked up a bit further than they're meant to sit (deliberately so to exaggerate the effect?), but remedy that and they'll probably be OK provided the trouser leg becomes long enough. More importantly, that woman's hair is extraordinary. It's as long as she is tall! Did you ask her how long it took to grow it out that far?
I aimed for 13.5 inch rise on these, I wanted them to sit just below my navel however, you are right, I need to hike them a little bit for this effect. the pants cost next to nothing. I am testing right now.
the woman in this photo belongs to the yao women, who are famous for their very long hair.
they only cut their hair twice in their lives once when they reach eighteen years and once again when they marry. since she doesn't hide her hair coil underneath a black kerchief it means that she is already married.
as fascinated as I was by her hairdo she in return was very taken by my height.post #42627 of 787221/3/13 at 6:05pmpost #42628 of 787221/3/13 at 9:29pmQuote:Originally Posted by clapeyron
high waisted pents step one.
Weell, this is what happens when u smoke rite? premature ageing
Srsly tho, a belt visually shortens a tall guy like you. Trews are cut too narrow, exp at the hem FWIWpost #42629 of 787221/4/13 at 2:26ampost #42630 of 787221/4/13 at 4:28amSomething more relaxed for the end of the week. Today's hat is one that I've had for a very long time, but haven't worn in ages, though, after seeing today's pictures, that is perhaps not a bad thing - I leave that to your judgment.
Sports jacket, shirt, cords, waistcoat and boots - BB
PS - no name brand
Overcoat - Joseph Abboud
Scarf - RLPL
Hat - Stetson
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Azzuraa Bespoke Leather Goods - Official Affiliate Thread 12 seconds ago
- › Offical Barbour Thread 40 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 42 seconds ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 57 seconds ago
- › JOY= Israel vs Wales Live streaming 1 minute ago
- › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II 1 minute ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 2 minutes ago
- › SOCCER= Czech Rep. vs Latvia Live streaming 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › LNIB Edward Green Ullswater 11.5 12 D Navy CC Dainite $1150 + box,... 3 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...