Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2842
Styleforum Top Pickspost #42617 of 787241/3/13 at 3:47pmpost #42618 of 787241/3/13 at 3:50pmpost #42619 of 787241/3/13 at 3:54pmQuote:I think you should take some time and reflect on the pose. You may need shock treatments or a very high dose of medication. I would suggest a quart of vodka and 2 Vicodin. Oh thats right I only play a doctor on TV.............Originally Posted by Holdfast
Haven't been following the thread much over the holidays, but a brief skim reveals some nice stuff. timotune's cool scarf stands out.
A few recent looks, one from just before Xmas and a couple from this week. As you can tell, I'm still more or less in a non-work mindset. I also don't know whether to be impressed or concerned by the consistency of the pose...post #42620 of 787241/3/13 at 4:19pmpost #42621 of 787241/3/13 at 4:23pmpost #42622 of 787241/3/13 at 4:31pmpost #42623 of 787241/3/13 at 5:22pm
1. The pic with the green SC, It looks too big in the SC collar, but fair colours overall
2. The pic with grey SC, the shirt collar looks too big for you. (there is collar gape round the side and back of the shirt collar).
3. Grey SC looks very wide in the chest area and could be tapered at the waist to give a better fit.
Edited by Johnboy - 1/4/13 at 12:28ampost #42624 of 787241/3/13 at 5:27pm
Yeah, I'd agree with the others they're hiked up a bit further than they're meant to sit (deliberately so to exaggerate the effect?), but remedy that and they'll probably be OK provided the trouser leg becomes long enough. More importantly, that woman's hair is extraordinary. It's as long as she is tall! Did you ask her how long it took to grow it out that far?Originally Posted by sugarbutch
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
There's a certain somewhat nerdy/old-fashioned vibe to this that I think would be pleasantly enhanced by removing the square, or at least using a square fold in a linen.
Pocket protector instead optional.
It shows. Real professionals use gin.post #42625 of 787241/3/13 at 5:47pm
It's good that you're trying a higher rise, but this might be a touch too high,and the high cuffs throw it way off - something between this and your previous fits would be ideal. For these pants I'd try wearing them a tiny bit lower and/or lowering the cuff a bit.post #42626 of 787241/3/13 at 5:58pmQuote:Originally Posted by Holdfast
Yeah, I'd agree with the others they're hiked up a bit further than they're meant to sit (deliberately so to exaggerate the effect?), but remedy that and they'll probably be OK provided the trouser leg becomes long enough. More importantly, that woman's hair is extraordinary. It's as long as she is tall! Did you ask her how long it took to grow it out that far?
I aimed for 13.5 inch rise on these, I wanted them to sit just below my navel however, you are right, I need to hike them a little bit for this effect. the pants cost next to nothing. I am testing right now.
the woman in this photo belongs to the yao women, who are famous for their very long hair.
they only cut their hair twice in their lives once when they reach eighteen years and once again when they marry. since she doesn't hide her hair coil underneath a black kerchief it means that she is already married.
as fascinated as I was by her hairdo she in return was very taken by my height.post #42627 of 787241/3/13 at 6:05pmpost #42628 of 787241/3/13 at 9:29pmQuote:Originally Posted by clapeyron
high waisted pents step one.
Weell, this is what happens when u smoke rite? premature ageing
Srsly tho, a belt visually shortens a tall guy like you. Trews are cut too narrow, exp at the hem FWIWpost #42629 of 787241/4/13 at 2:26ampost #42630 of 787241/4/13 at 4:28amSomething more relaxed for the end of the week. Today's hat is one that I've had for a very long time, but haven't worn in ages, though, after seeing today's pictures, that is perhaps not a bad thing - I leave that to your judgment.
Sports jacket, shirt, cords, waistcoat and boots - BB
PS - no name brand
Overcoat - Joseph Abboud
Scarf - RLPL
Hat - Stetson
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 1 minute ago
- › What music are you listening to lately? 1 minute ago
- › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II 3 minutes ago
- › Black Dolce and Gabbana blazer, 36 R (46 EU/IT) 4 minutes ago
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 8 minutes ago
- › G-Star Raw Blue Military Soldier Jacket Size XL (fits slim) 10 minutes ago
- › The Official Vanda Fine Clothing Thread 22 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 25 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 39 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 40 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)