Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 5:12 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2842post #42616 of 787171/3/13 at 3:50pmpost #42617 of 787171/3/13 at 3:54pmQuote:I think you should take some time and reflect on the pose. You may need shock treatments or a very high dose of medication. I would suggest a quart of vodka and 2 Vicodin. Oh thats right I only play a doctor on TV.............Originally Posted by Holdfast
Haven't been following the thread much over the holidays, but a brief skim reveals some nice stuff. timotune's cool scarf stands out.
A few recent looks, one from just before Xmas and a couple from this week. As you can tell, I'm still more or less in a non-work mindset. I also don't know whether to be impressed or concerned by the consistency of the pose...post #42618 of 787171/3/13 at 4:19pmpost #42619 of 787171/3/13 at 4:23pmpost #42620 of 787171/3/13 at 4:31pmpost #42621 of 787171/3/13 at 5:22pm
1. The pic with the green SC, It looks too big in the SC collar, but fair colours overall
2. The pic with grey SC, the shirt collar looks too big for you. (there is collar gape round the side and back of the shirt collar).
3. Grey SC looks very wide in the chest area and could be tapered at the waist to give a better fit.
Edited by Johnboy - 1/4/13 at 12:28ampost #42622 of 787171/3/13 at 5:27pm
Yeah, I'd agree with the others they're hiked up a bit further than they're meant to sit (deliberately so to exaggerate the effect?), but remedy that and they'll probably be OK provided the trouser leg becomes long enough. More importantly, that woman's hair is extraordinary. It's as long as she is tall! Did you ask her how long it took to grow it out that far?Originally Posted by sugarbutch
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
There's a certain somewhat nerdy/old-fashioned vibe to this that I think would be pleasantly enhanced by removing the square, or at least using a square fold in a linen.
Pocket protector instead optional.
It shows. Real professionals use gin.post #42623 of 787171/3/13 at 5:47pm
It's good that you're trying a higher rise, but this might be a touch too high,and the high cuffs throw it way off - something between this and your previous fits would be ideal. For these pants I'd try wearing them a tiny bit lower and/or lowering the cuff a bit.post #42624 of 787171/3/13 at 5:58pmQuote:Originally Posted by Holdfast
Yeah, I'd agree with the others they're hiked up a bit further than they're meant to sit (deliberately so to exaggerate the effect?), but remedy that and they'll probably be OK provided the trouser leg becomes long enough. More importantly, that woman's hair is extraordinary. It's as long as she is tall! Did you ask her how long it took to grow it out that far?
I aimed for 13.5 inch rise on these, I wanted them to sit just below my navel however, you are right, I need to hike them a little bit for this effect. the pants cost next to nothing. I am testing right now.
the woman in this photo belongs to the yao women, who are famous for their very long hair.
they only cut their hair twice in their lives once when they reach eighteen years and once again when they marry. since she doesn't hide her hair coil underneath a black kerchief it means that she is already married.
as fascinated as I was by her hairdo she in return was very taken by my height.post #42625 of 787171/3/13 at 6:05pmpost #42626 of 787171/3/13 at 9:29pmQuote:Originally Posted by clapeyron
high waisted pents step one.
Weell, this is what happens when u smoke rite? premature ageing
Srsly tho, a belt visually shortens a tall guy like you. Trews are cut too narrow, exp at the hem FWIWpost #42627 of 787171/4/13 at 2:26ampost #42628 of 787171/4/13 at 4:28amSomething more relaxed for the end of the week. Today's hat is one that I've had for a very long time, but haven't worn in ages, though, after seeing today's pictures, that is perhaps not a bad thing - I leave that to your judgment.
Sports jacket, shirt, cords, waistcoat and boots - BB
PS - no name brand
Overcoat - Joseph Abboud
Scarf - RLPL
Hat - Stetson
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #42629 of 787171/4/13 at 5:22ampost #42630 of 787171/4/13 at 5:26am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › John Lobb Quality and Service? 17 seconds ago
- › Standard & Strange - Official Affiliate Thread 41 seconds ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 3 minutes ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 4 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 4 minutes ago
- › BNWB CROCKETT & JONES FOR RALPH LAUREN CIGAR SHELL CORDOVAN MASLOW... 6 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 7 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL Trump v. Clinton Debate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 8 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...