No, he always had some nice stuff, he's just obviously taken some of the comments/critiques to heart and his efforts should be lauded.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:05 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
Last edited: 7/26/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2836post #42526 of 787211/2/13 at 3:31pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #42527 of 787211/2/13 at 3:38pmpost #42528 of 787211/2/13 at 3:41pmQuote:Originally Posted by Cantabrigian
I probably seem like a hater (I'm honestly not) and I only comment because I care / sold you some ties so feel responsible for your steez soul...
I don't think that's a sportcoat shirt.
I don't love it but - especially here in London - it's a thing. You see a lot of people rocking a navy, charcoal or even electric pinstripe suit with shirts like that. I just think the pattern is too bold for an odd jacket, unless maybe a navy blazer.
Even if the scale were smaller, that much white and paired only with a bold, brightish blue seems to call for a suit much more than a brown SC.
I have to say, for some reason I really like the shirt and think it'd look great with a navy or charcoal blazer... For what it's worth. Also yes, the collar is awesome.post #42529 of 787211/2/13 at 3:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by Axelman 17
Not sure about the PS but felt like the combo needed something different to punch it up.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Maybe a colourful, but not so vibrant square would have been a better idea - nevertheless, I like it. White linen would have been more coherent, but your goal was to spice it up, so I think you did pretty well by limiting the "craziness" to a single element.post #42530 of 787211/2/13 at 4:36pmpost #42531 of 787211/2/13 at 5:00pmQuote:Originally Posted by Frankie22
I hope everyone had a great NYE! I wish all of you health and happiness.
Jacket - SammyShirt - BBTie - Rando Saks SilkSquare - YountTrousers - PantaShoes - DC LewisClip - Vintage (1940's)
very nice Frankie!post #42532 of 787211/2/13 at 5:30pmpost #42533 of 787211/2/13 at 5:52pmpost #42534 of 787211/2/13 at 6:28pmpost #42535 of 787211/2/13 at 6:53pmQuote:Originally Posted by Axelman 17
What am I, chopped liver?post #42536 of 787211/2/13 at 7:23pmpost #42537 of 787211/2/13 at 8:09pmQuote:Originally Posted by clapeyron
can we get a picture of you wearing pents without the jacket. I think you don't necessarily need a fuller break. I suspect that your waist line is slanted towards the front, resulting in excess fabric under your belt line and your pants not falling straight down in the front but drooping in somewhat a J shape. GIF: (Click to show)
love the gif.
interesting idea, i honestly dont remember how my pants were positioned when i took the pic. as loathe as i am to post unjacketed pis, and reveal my true fattitude, next time i wear the suit i will try and summon the courage to do so, since you asked so nicely and made an awesome gif.post #42538 of 787211/2/13 at 10:37pmpost #42539 of 787211/2/13 at 11:16pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 5 minutes ago
- › ***Story Et Fall Thread*** 5 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 9 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 11 minutes ago
- › Can anyone identify this bag? 11 minutes ago
- › The Official Vintage Clothing and Accessories Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Official Wedding Attire Question/Answer/Picture Thread 13 minutes ago
- › A/W 10 Margaret Howell Fair Isle Crew Neck 13 minutes ago
- › Alligator / Crocodile Shoes 13 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...