No, he always had some nice stuff, he's just obviously taken some of the comments/critiques to heart and his efforts should be lauded.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:09 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2836post #42526 of 787191/2/13 at 3:31pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #42527 of 787191/2/13 at 3:38pmpost #42528 of 787191/2/13 at 3:41pmQuote:Originally Posted by Cantabrigian
I probably seem like a hater (I'm honestly not) and I only comment because I care / sold you some ties so feel responsible for your steez soul...
I don't think that's a sportcoat shirt.
I don't love it but - especially here in London - it's a thing. You see a lot of people rocking a navy, charcoal or even electric pinstripe suit with shirts like that. I just think the pattern is too bold for an odd jacket, unless maybe a navy blazer.
Even if the scale were smaller, that much white and paired only with a bold, brightish blue seems to call for a suit much more than a brown SC.
I have to say, for some reason I really like the shirt and think it'd look great with a navy or charcoal blazer... For what it's worth. Also yes, the collar is awesome.post #42529 of 787191/2/13 at 3:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by Axelman 17
Not sure about the PS but felt like the combo needed something different to punch it up.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Maybe a colourful, but not so vibrant square would have been a better idea - nevertheless, I like it. White linen would have been more coherent, but your goal was to spice it up, so I think you did pretty well by limiting the "craziness" to a single element.post #42530 of 787191/2/13 at 4:36pmpost #42531 of 787191/2/13 at 5:00pmQuote:Originally Posted by Frankie22
I hope everyone had a great NYE! I wish all of you health and happiness.
Jacket - SammyShirt - BBTie - Rando Saks SilkSquare - YountTrousers - PantaShoes - DC LewisClip - Vintage (1940's)
very nice Frankie!post #42532 of 787191/2/13 at 5:30pmpost #42533 of 787191/2/13 at 5:52pmpost #42534 of 787191/2/13 at 6:28pmpost #42535 of 787191/2/13 at 6:53pmQuote:Originally Posted by Axelman 17
What am I, chopped liver?post #42536 of 787191/2/13 at 7:23pmpost #42537 of 787191/2/13 at 8:09pmQuote:Originally Posted by clapeyron
can we get a picture of you wearing pents without the jacket. I think you don't necessarily need a fuller break. I suspect that your waist line is slanted towards the front, resulting in excess fabric under your belt line and your pants not falling straight down in the front but drooping in somewhat a J shape. GIF: (Click to show)
love the gif.
interesting idea, i honestly dont remember how my pants were positioned when i took the pic. as loathe as i am to post unjacketed pis, and reveal my true fattitude, next time i wear the suit i will try and summon the courage to do so, since you asked so nicely and made an awesome gif.post #42538 of 787191/2/13 at 10:37pmpost #42539 of 787191/2/13 at 11:16pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Vests 3 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 4 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 5 minutes ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 7 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 7 minutes ago
- › NWT Ben Sherman dress shirt 9 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...