Johnboy, you really like DFIH knots, huh?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2829
Styleforum Top Pickspost #42422 of 7872212/31/12 at 7:07pmpost #42423 of 7872212/31/12 at 7:45pmHappy New Year! The office was deserted today. I took a walk around my building mid-afternoon and had to take a pic of this; the sunlight on the staircase was nice.
Paul Stuart flannel sack blazer
White linen PS
Not pictured: Allen Edmonds bluchers, Polo RL cashmere overcoat.post #42424 of 7872212/31/12 at 7:50pmpost #42425 of 7872212/31/12 at 7:53pmpost #42426 of 7872212/31/12 at 7:54pmpost #42427 of 7872212/31/12 at 8:08pmQuote:
In the same boat, but I sometimes feel like it has an almost balancing effect (at least with maroon and burgundy).
(also, lovely building)post #42428 of 7872212/31/12 at 9:22pmQuote:Originally Posted by YRR92
Can you explain why for me? I mean, Joshua's jacket reads as the top half of a suit to me, and the fit seems a bit off, but in my noobishness I don't see any other problems. I'm curious to learn your opinions, though.
Tender Buttons, wrt your recent look, I don't like zip-front sweaters with coat and tie, and I think the sweater being such a match with the tie is a bit contrived. I also think your tie might be a touch light in color for the blue of your shirt, but I wouldn't make that call based on that picture.
It isn't an orphaned suit, though I can see why you would think that. I also would like to hear Patricks reasoning. Although, everyone has their own opinions.Quote:Originally Posted by Johnboy
To answer your question directly Erik, there is nothing particularly wrong with Josh's knot, but there is also nothing particularly right with it either when comparing it to the attention to detail in the remainder of his outfit today.
Anyway, here is wishing both yourself and Josh Happy New Year and really good tie knots in 2013.
If one compares Josh's knot with a couple of other guys on here, it could be a lot better. I am sure the guys concerned will not object to me reposting one or two of their pics as reference for your perusal Erik.. I think both Kapp and TB (besides many unmentioned others) accomplish pretty awesome double FIH knots IMO.
I thank you for the critique. I was having a little trouble with the knot and dimple as this is my first knit tie. However I was only wearing a single FIH.post #42429 of 7872212/31/12 at 9:40pmQuote:Originally Posted by SpooPoker
I am wearing this right now
(srs) Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Y U NO POST FIT PICS?
+1. very nice, conne.post #42430 of 7872212/31/12 at 9:58pmpost #42431 of 7872212/31/12 at 9:59pmpost #42432 of 7872212/31/12 at 10:05pmpost #42433 of 7872212/31/12 at 10:07pmQuote:
Not sure about that throat latch on a onesie, but color combo is nice. Pink and grey is a combo I appreciate myself. Sleeves are a bit long, if they arent functioning buttonholes, she might want to get them taken up a bit. Cant see the shoes, but I hope that its a rubber bottomed crawly, preferably ivory. The socks with the foldover ruffle would add a bit of sprezz to the patterned velour too. What color is the pacifier? Not pink, that would be too matchy matchy - it should compliment the onesie.post #42434 of 7872212/31/12 at 10:08pmpost #42435 of 7872212/31/12 at 10:35pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Australian Members 37 seconds ago
- › Vintage Ray Ban Expert 3 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 4 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 5 minutes ago
- › Handmade Bead Bracelets Made to Measure (wood, horn, semiprecious... 5 minutes ago
- › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 7 minutes ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 8 minutes ago
- › WASHINGTON, DC SF MEETUP: THURSDAY, OCTOBER 30, THE OBSERVATORY 14 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)