Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/14/11 at 9:21am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 10/31/12 at 5:14pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 1/30/13 at 10:57pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Edited on 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Edited on 5/31/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- Cedarville Store
- Crane's Country Store
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Four Horsemen Shop
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Hiras Fashion
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Mes Chausettes Rouges
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Tanner Goods/Woodlands Supply
- Tate + Yoko
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Tiberias Clothing
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2829
Paul Stuart flannel sack blazer
White linen PS
Not pictured: Allen Edmonds bluchers, Polo RL cashmere overcoat.
In the same boat, but I sometimes feel like it has an almost balancing effect (at least with maroon and burgundy).
(also, lovely building)
Can you explain why for me? I mean, Joshua's jacket reads as the top half of a suit to me, and the fit seems a bit off, but in my noobishness I don't see any other problems. I'm curious to learn your opinions, though.
Tender Buttons, wrt your recent look, I don't like zip-front sweaters with coat and tie, and I think the sweater being such a match with the tie is a bit contrived. I also think your tie might be a touch light in color for the blue of your shirt, but I wouldn't make that call based on that picture.
It isn't an orphaned suit, though I can see why you would think that. I also would like to hear Patricks reasoning. Although, everyone has their own opinions.
To answer your question directly Erik, there is nothing particularly wrong with Josh's knot, but there is also nothing particularly right with it either when comparing it to the attention to detail in the remainder of his outfit today.
Anyway, here is wishing both yourself and Josh Happy New Year and really good tie knots in 2013.
If one compares Josh's knot with a couple of other guys on here, it could be a lot better. I am sure the guys concerned will not object to me reposting one or two of their pics as reference for your perusal Erik.. I think both Kapp and TB (besides many unmentioned others) accomplish pretty awesome double FIH knots IMO.
I thank you for the critique. I was having a little trouble with the knot and dimple as this is my first knit tie. However I was only wearing a single FIH.
Not sure about that throat latch on a onesie, but color combo is nice. Pink and grey is a combo I appreciate myself. Sleeves are a bit long, if they arent functioning buttonholes, she might want to get them taken up a bit. Cant see the shoes, but I hope that its a rubber bottomed crawly, preferably ivory. The socks with the foldover ruffle would add a bit of sprezz to the patterned velour too. What color is the pacifier? Not pink, that would be too matchy matchy - it should compliment the onesie.
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- › Vintage Bulova 14K Gold Filled Watch 59 seconds ago
- › 36s Brooks Brothers Thom Browne Black Fleece 1 minute ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Naked & Famous Slim Guy Indigo Soft Raw Size 33 *NWT* 2 minutes ago
- › $80 drop on EG and AS shoes Great condition shoes! 10.5-11.5 US EG,... 2 minutes ago
- › Would appreciate some advice for a student on an OPT in my shitty... 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 3 minutes ago
- › WTB: MMM (Margiela) Side-Zip Boots Size 42, Any Color/Style/Season! 3 minutes ago
- › Soccer • Football • Voetbal • Fútbol • Calcio • Futebol - 2012-2013... 4 minutes ago
- › Isaia Coral Lapel Pin by carre567
- › Kiton Napoli WearRight Dark Green Soft suede Loafers 11.5 *Handmade* by BearBindell
- › Red Wing Men's 6" Iron Ranger Boot by ranger21
- › Alfred Sargent Moore by Harrydog
- › Bright orange green paisley pattern silk tie by Holtemor
- › Allen-Edmonds Men's Leeds Oxfords,Black,10 C by trouble
- › Jos. A. Bank Signature Gold 2-Button Wool Suit by JJTV
- › Frye Men's Wallace Oxford by RandyE
- › Momotaro 702 (15.7 oz, Deep Indigo) by El Argentino
- › J. Crew Ludlow by collin9338
- › So you want to design your own clothes? by DaveJames
- › Wedding shoes - How do you decide? by hollypowell
- › Cannes Film Festival Trend - Sunglasses by hollypowell
- › David Beckham - Style Icon by hollypowell
- › Style Icon - Brian Trunzo by hollypowell
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw