Johnboy, you really like DFIH knots, huh?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 9:16 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 8:24 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2829post #42421 of 7872212/31/12 at 7:02pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #42422 of 7872212/31/12 at 7:07pmpost #42423 of 7872212/31/12 at 7:45pmHappy New Year! The office was deserted today. I took a walk around my building mid-afternoon and had to take a pic of this; the sunlight on the staircase was nice.
Paul Stuart flannel sack blazer
White linen PS
Not pictured: Allen Edmonds bluchers, Polo RL cashmere overcoat.post #42424 of 7872212/31/12 at 7:50pmpost #42425 of 7872212/31/12 at 7:53pmpost #42426 of 7872212/31/12 at 7:54pmpost #42427 of 7872212/31/12 at 8:08pmQuote:
In the same boat, but I sometimes feel like it has an almost balancing effect (at least with maroon and burgundy).
(also, lovely building)post #42428 of 7872212/31/12 at 9:22pmQuote:Originally Posted by YRR92
Can you explain why for me? I mean, Joshua's jacket reads as the top half of a suit to me, and the fit seems a bit off, but in my noobishness I don't see any other problems. I'm curious to learn your opinions, though.
Tender Buttons, wrt your recent look, I don't like zip-front sweaters with coat and tie, and I think the sweater being such a match with the tie is a bit contrived. I also think your tie might be a touch light in color for the blue of your shirt, but I wouldn't make that call based on that picture.
It isn't an orphaned suit, though I can see why you would think that. I also would like to hear Patricks reasoning. Although, everyone has their own opinions.Quote:Originally Posted by Johnboy
To answer your question directly Erik, there is nothing particularly wrong with Josh's knot, but there is also nothing particularly right with it either when comparing it to the attention to detail in the remainder of his outfit today.
Anyway, here is wishing both yourself and Josh Happy New Year and really good tie knots in 2013.
If one compares Josh's knot with a couple of other guys on here, it could be a lot better. I am sure the guys concerned will not object to me reposting one or two of their pics as reference for your perusal Erik.. I think both Kapp and TB (besides many unmentioned others) accomplish pretty awesome double FIH knots IMO.
I thank you for the critique. I was having a little trouble with the knot and dimple as this is my first knit tie. However I was only wearing a single FIH.post #42429 of 7872212/31/12 at 9:40pmpost #42430 of 7872212/31/12 at 9:58pmpost #42431 of 7872212/31/12 at 9:59pmpost #42432 of 7872212/31/12 at 10:05pmpost #42433 of 7872212/31/12 at 10:07pmQuote:
Not sure about that throat latch on a onesie, but color combo is nice. Pink and grey is a combo I appreciate myself. Sleeves are a bit long, if they arent functioning buttonholes, she might want to get them taken up a bit. Cant see the shoes, but I hope that its a rubber bottomed crawly, preferably ivory. The socks with the foldover ruffle would add a bit of sprezz to the patterned velour too. What color is the pacifier? Not pink, that would be too matchy matchy - it should compliment the onesie.post #42434 of 7872212/31/12 at 10:08pmpost #42435 of 7872212/31/12 at 10:35pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 27 seconds ago
- › Cars We Drive! 12 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 13 minutes ago
- › I need your advice about online and mobile shopping for my husband 33 minutes ago
- › Cordovan Care 35 minutes ago
- › Wolverine 1000 Mile Boots -- Rust CXL -- size 11.5D -- near new 35 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 37 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 38 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 42 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan
- › Two Japanese Words Every Clothing Dork Should...