Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:32 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2822post #42316 of 7871912/30/12 at 1:12pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #42317 of 7871912/30/12 at 1:16pmpost #42318 of 7871912/30/12 at 1:20pmpost #42319 of 7871912/30/12 at 1:20pmpost #42320 of 7871912/30/12 at 1:24pmpost #42321 of 7871912/30/12 at 1:39pmpost #42322 of 7871912/30/12 at 1:47pmpost #42323 of 7871912/30/12 at 1:50pmpost #42324 of 7871912/30/12 at 2:04pmpost #42325 of 7871912/30/12 at 2:07pmQuote:Originally Posted by DocHolliday
City vs. country has, in many ways, informed what we view as "dressy" and "casual," so it can be a useful guide. But not everything casual is specifically associated with the country, or needs to be worn exclusively with tweedy gear. A pheasant tie, for example, strikes me as much more country than do knits, which have been worn with city suits whenever they've enjoyed their periodic fashions.
Beyond that, few of us divide our time between our city home and our country estate these days. It gets very sticky very quickly when we too literally apply the standards of pre-WWII England to modern life. There was a time when the modern business suit was casual wear, so it's important not to become too wedded to the standards of any one period.
I don't like Hampton's tie with a dark worsted and less with a dark worsted + lime green windowpane but that's largely because I could never like a suit with a lime green windowpane.post #42326 of 7871912/30/12 at 2:16pmpost #42327 of 7871912/30/12 at 2:20pmpost #42328 of 7871912/30/12 at 2:20pmpost #42329 of 7871912/30/12 at 2:25pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
Currently, there are 1011 Active Users (167 Members and 844 Guests)
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 3 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 4 minutes ago
- › 125k Pull Ups in 2016 7 minutes ago
- › The Official Hair Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent FW 13 Skinny Leather pants 13 minutes ago
- › Denims 23 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 24 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 38 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 41 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 43 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What products do I use and how to I care for...
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.