Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 2:29 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
Last edited: 7/26/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2796post #41926 of 7872112/21/12 at 7:43am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #41927 of 7872112/21/12 at 7:53ampost #41928 of 7872112/21/12 at 7:56ampost #41929 of 7872112/21/12 at 8:00ampost #41930 of 7872112/21/12 at 8:02ampost #41931 of 7872112/21/12 at 8:16am
sugarbutch: I like that DB look more than you do, I guess. I mean, it might not be perfect, and it might not be your usual taste, but it ain't bad in my book. What's bugging you about it? Just the fit?
ourmaninLisbon: That's a nice look. It's kinda funky, not too locked down.
in stitches: I can't say I like the close-up, where the shirt looks robin's egg blue (rather Van Heusen, I fear) and the tie seems a bit shiny. That's more to do with the picture, if the very elegant long shot is anything to go by.post #41932 of 7872112/21/12 at 8:25ampost #41933 of 7872112/21/12 at 8:26ampost #41934 of 7872112/21/12 at 8:29amQuote:Originally Posted by upr_crust
Today was my 3,000th posting at That Other Website. Time flies while you're having fun, but, by Stitches standards (of posting counts), I'm a total piker and amateur.
Dressing for a very variable day, weather-wise. Currently, NYC is having a monsoon, with temps in the low 50s F/11C. Later, it will both cool and clear - let me hope that I guessed right on the level of insulation that I'll need for the day.
Suit & tie - BB GF
Shirt - Dunhill
Cufflinks - Benson & Clegg, London
PS - no name brand
Shoes - C & J Maltons
Raincoat - Burberry
Scarf - Hilditch & Key
Hat - Weatherproof Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
This reaffirms my thoughts about lavender shirts. Was this the one you wore to lunch?Quote:Originally Posted by in stitches
thank you to fred for the inspiration for todays fir, and to mossrocks for the tip on these awesome milano BB pents. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I love the patina those shoes are developing, but I don't know how I feel about that tie with that odd jacket combo. I keep wanting to look at it like a suit. Maybe I'm just channeling yesterday's Fred.Quote:Originally Posted by Kappelan
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I want to say that this is very monotone, but then the PS pops out at me in a pleasant way.Quote:Originally Posted by steffenbp11
Last day of office wear this side of New Year´s. Happy holidays to all: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Very sedate.post #41935 of 7872112/21/12 at 8:29amQuote:
yes, long shot is more correct. shirt is finamore. i think they are a van heusen diffusion line.
mktits- thanks man, i hear ya, but i like it with da SC.post #41936 of 7872112/21/12 at 8:30ampost #41937 of 7872112/21/12 at 8:31ampost #41938 of 7872112/21/12 at 8:35amSeeing as how I've been using email since before google existed, that seems highly unlikely. However, would that not then make the usage all the more pertinent? For someone so keen to be brought back 'round because they were engaging in behavior they themselves would have snarked? I'm sure someone has made light of how this is a testament to the unerring truth of men's souls. Probably Whitman or Emerson. Maybe nyancat.post #41939 of 7872112/21/12 at 8:38ampost #41940 of 7872112/21/12 at 8:39amQuote:Originally Posted by mktitsworth
Seeing as how I've been using email since before google existed, that seems highly unlikely. However, would that not then make the usage all the more pertinent? For someone so keen to be brought back 'round because they were engaging in behavior they themselves would have snarked? I'm sure someone has made light of how this is a testament to the unerring truth of men's souls. Probably Whitman or Emerson. Maybe nyancat.
I'm sorry, I have been using the two brain cells I have left to try and parse a 700+ page biography of Marcus Aurelius. Whitman and Emerson and, unfortunately, mktitsworth will have to wait. Also, I will not be spoken to in that manner by someone named titsworth!!!
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
- › Official Sales Alert thread 2 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 3 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 9 minutes ago
- › NWT CANAL KEI TOPCOAT 42/52R ANGORA BLEND GREY "WINTER IS COMING" 11 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 12 minutes ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 14 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE (JULY 31): FINE ART FRIDAY 15 minutes ago
- › Linjer Leather Goods -- official affiliate thread 16 minutes ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 17 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...