or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2790

post #41836 of 75944
Another thought: It would look less ridiculous with thinner leather gloves.

Oh, and thank you.
post #41837 of 75944
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orgetorix View Post

So, pocket square in overcoat pocket is also affected?
EDIT: I just went back and read that, Crusty, and cracked up out loud in my cubicle.

Leather gloves in overcoat pocket look affected.

Explosion of thick wool gloves looks ridiculous.

Tasteful pocket square gets my vote. In the early seventies you'd see suede heads in my neighborhood with dark blue and black crombies and alwas sporting a red spotted bandanna in the top pocket. With Ben Sherman shirts, sta pressts or two tone strides, red socks and thick soled brogues I thought it was a great look. (I was still in shorts at the time so make of that what you will!)
post #41838 of 75944
Long day:




Inside shots:



Trying 2in cuffs... I feel they look better than my standard 1.5's
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
RLPL
Borrelli
Barba 7fold
TF ps
GG
Borrelli coat
post #41839 of 75944
Haven't posted a fit here in, well, forever, so here goes:



Closer:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

post #41840 of 75944
ianGP - i like your style, man.
post #41841 of 75944
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

ianGP - i like your style, man.

+1, but please don't do that with your sunglasses it looks crap. The whole outfit looks great so why do you have to spoil it with a 'look at me, I have sunglasses' move?

What is it with the top pockets lately? *shakes head*smile.gif
post #41842 of 75944
It's all personal but I am not a fan of the 2" cuffs. To me it looks like you're trying to make the focal point of the outfit your cuffs rather than just focusing on the interplay of everything else.
post #41843 of 75944
@stitchy - thx mang!

@ian - they're my regular glasses, I suppose by habit smile.gif
post #41844 of 75944
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianiceman View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

ianGP - i like your style, man.

+1, but please don't do that with your sunglasses it looks crap. The whole outfit looks great so why do you have to spoil it with a 'look at me, I have sunglasses' move?

What is it with the top pockets lately? *shakes head*smile.gif

An alternative explanation is that it's a convenient place to put your glasses when they're not on your face...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badandy View Post

It's all personal but I am not a fan of the 2" cuffs. To me it looks like you're trying to make the focal point of the outfit your cuffs rather than just focusing on the interplay of everything else.

Do not listen to this, Ian. biggrin.gif The cuffs are good.
post #41845 of 75944
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

An alternative explanation is that it's a convenient place to put your glasses when they're not on your face...
Do not listen to this, Ian. biggrin.gif The cuffs are good.

+1 x 2
post #41846 of 75944
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarksdb View Post

@ NY Islander: What kind of buttons are those on your blazer?

English trimmings co...I forget the name, but I'm sure one of the pro's here might know the name of the company. They're a matte silver/gunmetal
post #41847 of 75944
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappelan View Post



I gotta ask because I feel like an idiot and it's driving me nuts..


How the hell do guys get their knot like that? Is it a particular knot or merely a function of the material?
post #41848 of 75944
Kappelan's pic you quoted shows a double 4-in-hand with the big end of the tie going under both loops.
post #41849 of 75944
Code:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

An alternative explanation is that it's a convenient place to put your glasses when they're not on your face..

Yeah I get that, I am very sensitive to sunlight ("I have special eyes"!!) so never leave the house without sunglasses. When not on my face they go in my breast pocket, behind my PS, but I don't see the need to hang and arm out ostentatiously like that!
post #41850 of 75944
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianGP View Post

Kappelan's pic you quoted shows a double 4-in-hand with the big end of the tie going under both loops.

I so suck at tying a DFIH and that makes me sad.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III