After seeing my, Orgetorix's & CEP's ties in quick succession yesterday, I think there must have been a global navy tie/white spots subliminal message. :) To answer stitchy's question, mine was Pakeman, Catto & Carter.
A few comments on recent outfits:
- Fred's fit w/the blue OCBD: nice, but would have liked it more with a thicker/rougher fabric on the jacket, to complement the trousers.
- yjung: fab suit; wish it was slighter less tapered towards the leg opening (possibly a tiny fraction longer too). I appreciate that this is not the style you're after with that maker, but I think it would look even better that way.
- Malford: so severe, it's almost funereal. I'd feel under the weather wearing something so strict. :)
- NYI/NYR: I'm not a fan of those trousers in isolation, but I really don't think they work well, colour-wise, with that jacket. Mind you, I'm struggling to think what colour jacket would work better. Maybe navy. Maybe.
- RDiaz: for me, the solid navy DB is too much contrast for the pale grey flannel trousers. A patterned DB with the same background shade of navy would have been OK. As it is, I find the top half a little too severe for the casual trousers. Or using a more casual shirt/tie combination to deformalise the top a bit more might have been enough of a change.
And from me, a turtleneck that habitually gets SF disapproval. One day, you'll all come round. Mind you, you only have a couple more days till the end of the world. In fact, maybe that would be a sign of the Apocalypse?