Really cool tie! I must say that I hate the close-up photo cause it doesn't make justice to the colours, it's blurry... you need to take and independent pic for the close-up rather than just zooming in.
After seeing my, Orgetorix's & CEP's ties in quick succession yesterday, I think there must have been a global navy tie/white spots subliminal message. :) To answer stitchy's question, mine was Pakeman, Catto & Carter.
A few comments on recent outfits:
- Fred's fit w/the blue OCBD: nice, but would have liked it more with a thicker/rougher fabric on the jacket, to complement the trousers.
- yjung: fab suit; wish it was slighter less tapered towards the leg opening (possibly a tiny fraction longer too). I appreciate that this is not the style you're after with that maker, but I think it would look even better that way.
- Malford: so severe, it's almost funereal. I'd feel under the weather wearing something so strict. :)
- NYI/NYR: I'm not a fan of those trousers in isolation, but I really don't think they work well, colour-wise, with that jacket. Mind you, I'm struggling to think what colour jacket would work better. Maybe navy. Maybe.
- RDiaz: for me, the solid navy DB is too much contrast for the pale grey flannel trousers. A patterned DB with the same background shade of navy would have been OK. As it is, I find the top half a little too severe for the casual trousers. Or using a more casual shirt/tie combination to deformalise the top a bit more might have been enough of a change.
And from me, a turtleneck that habitually gets SF disapproval. One day, you'll all come round. Mind you, you only have a couple more days till the end of the world. In fact, maybe that would be a sign of the Apocalypse?
Holdfast, I do like your sweater.
As for the top part of my fit, that's exactly why I thought I should have picked a different tie. DB blazer + flannel trousers is OK in my opinion but the tie should be coherent with the rest of the look and that's where the pin dot fails, it's too "city". In fact I got rid of the tie after I took the pictures, switching into casual mode
Thanks for the feedback!