I dont think so. Looks great.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/14/11 at 9:21am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 10/31/12 at 5:14pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 1/30/13 at 10:57pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Edited on 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Edited on 5/31/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- Cedarville Store
- Crane's Country Store
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Four Horsemen Shop
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Hiras Fashion
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Mes Chausettes Rouges
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Tanner Goods/Woodlands Supply
- Tate + Yoko
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Tiberias Clothing
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2788
After seeing my, Orgetorix's & CEP's ties in quick succession yesterday, I think there must have been a global navy tie/white spots subliminal message. :) To answer stitchy's question, mine was Pakeman, Catto & Carter.
A few comments on recent outfits:
- Fred's fit w/the blue OCBD: nice, but would have liked it more with a thicker/rougher fabric on the jacket, to complement the trousers.
- yjung: fab suit; wish it was slighter less tapered towards the leg opening (possibly a tiny fraction longer too). I appreciate that this is not the style you're after with that maker, but I think it would look even better that way.
- Malford: so severe, it's almost funereal. I'd feel under the weather wearing something so strict. :)
- NYI/NYR: I'm not a fan of those trousers in isolation, but I really don't think they work well, colour-wise, with that jacket. Mind you, I'm struggling to think what colour jacket would work better. Maybe navy. Maybe.
- RDiaz: for me, the solid navy DB is too much contrast for the pale grey flannel trousers. A patterned DB with the same background shade of navy would have been OK. As it is, I find the top half a little too severe for the casual trousers. Or using a more casual shirt/tie combination to deformalise the top a bit more might have been enough of a change.
And from me, a turtleneck that habitually gets SF disapproval. One day, you'll all come round. Mind you, you only have a couple more days till the end of the world. In fact, maybe that would be a sign of the Apocalypse?
Holdfast, I do like your sweater.
As for the top part of my fit, that's exactly why I thought I should have picked a different tie. DB blazer + flannel trousers is OK in my opinion but the tie should be coherent with the rest of the look and that's where the pin dot fails, it's too "city". In fact I got rid of the tie after I took the pictures, switching into casual mode
Thanks for the feedback!
I should go back to the drawing board, but I guess I may stick to this thread...
Think I should have picked a different tie, but oh well...
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I think the tie looks great. Snazzy PS. But, what really steals the show are those striped socks.
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III 7 seconds ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 59 seconds ago
- › The Official Los Angeles Shopping + Dining Thread 59 seconds ago
- › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask... 1 minute ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › More Viberg and Purchase Recollection - May 21, 2013 3 minutes ago
- › More Viberg and Purcahse Recollection - May 21, 2013 4 minutes ago
- › Words+Bindings - The Fashion Books Thread 4 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE 5/24/13 - Embrace The Wrinkle Sprezz 7 minutes ago
- › Kiton Napoli WearRight Dark Green Soft suede Loafers 11.5 *Handmade* by BearBindell
- › Red Wing Men's 6" Iron Ranger Boot by ranger21
- › Alfred Sargent Moore by Harrydog
- › Bright orange green paisley pattern silk tie by Holtemor
- › Allen-Edmonds Men's Leeds Oxfords,Black,10 C by trouble
- › Jos. A. Bank Signature Gold 2-Button Wool Suit by JJTV
- › Frye Men's Wallace Oxford by RandyE
- › Momotaro 702 (15.7 oz, Deep Indigo) by El Argentino
- › J. Crew Ludlow by collin9338
- › To Boot New York Men's Sawyer Boot,Parma Doc Teak 432,9.5 M US by baronbvp
- › Cannes Film Festival Trend - Sunglasses by hollypowell
- › David Beckham - Style Icon by hollypowell
- › Style Icon - Brian Trunzo by hollypowell
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers) by alyssaw