I dont think so. Looks great.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/9/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/9/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/9/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/9/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/14/11 at 9:21am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 12/2/13 at 4:49pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Bison Made
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Four Horsemen Shop
- GABE Tailored
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Hiras Fashion
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Upstate Stock
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2788
Styleforum Top Picks
After seeing my, Orgetorix's & CEP's ties in quick succession yesterday, I think there must have been a global navy tie/white spots subliminal message. :) To answer stitchy's question, mine was Pakeman, Catto & Carter.
A few comments on recent outfits:
- Fred's fit w/the blue OCBD: nice, but would have liked it more with a thicker/rougher fabric on the jacket, to complement the trousers.
- yjung: fab suit; wish it was slighter less tapered towards the leg opening (possibly a tiny fraction longer too). I appreciate that this is not the style you're after with that maker, but I think it would look even better that way.
- Malford: so severe, it's almost funereal. I'd feel under the weather wearing something so strict. :)
- NYI/NYR: I'm not a fan of those trousers in isolation, but I really don't think they work well, colour-wise, with that jacket. Mind you, I'm struggling to think what colour jacket would work better. Maybe navy. Maybe.
- RDiaz: for me, the solid navy DB is too much contrast for the pale grey flannel trousers. A patterned DB with the same background shade of navy would have been OK. As it is, I find the top half a little too severe for the casual trousers. Or using a more casual shirt/tie combination to deformalise the top a bit more might have been enough of a change.
And from me, a turtleneck that habitually gets SF disapproval. One day, you'll all come round. Mind you, you only have a couple more days till the end of the world. In fact, maybe that would be a sign of the Apocalypse?
Holdfast, I do like your sweater.
As for the top part of my fit, that's exactly why I thought I should have picked a different tie. DB blazer + flannel trousers is OK in my opinion but the tie should be coherent with the rest of the look and that's where the pin dot fails, it's too "city". In fact I got rid of the tie after I took the pictures, switching into casual mode
Thanks for the feedback!
I should go back to the drawing board, but I guess I may stick to this thread...
Think I should have picked a different tie, but oh well...
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I think the tie looks great. Snazzy PS. But, what really steals the show are those striped socks.
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III 7 seconds ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 2 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 2 minutes ago
- › Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Thread 4 minutes ago
- › *** The official PATRIK ERVELL thread *** 9 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 10 minutes ago
- › Charles Tyrwhitt 11 minutes ago
- › The Official 2013 Thrift Thread Find of the Year aka Cheapies Award... 12 minutes ago
- › Italian Puppytooth blue shirt bleached white? 13 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 14 minutes ago
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › Herschel Ravine Black/Tan FA 12 by pfmicks
- › Vans Footwear The Barbour Classic Slip On Sneaker,10.5,Green by ATLnoob
- › Berg & Berg unlined silk bow tie (SS'13) by MTB-85
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by ahilal
- › So you want to design your own clothes? by DaveJames
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw