Details on that tie?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:22 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2787post #41791 of 7871712/19/12 at 7:28ampost #41792 of 7871712/19/12 at 7:29ampost #41793 of 7871712/19/12 at 7:36ampost #41794 of 7871712/19/12 at 7:37ampost #41795 of 7871712/19/12 at 7:39ampost #41796 of 7871712/19/12 at 8:05amQuote:Originally Posted by Johnboy
Lovely outfit Sir. What is your tie colour, purple or violet, and i also think you did a very good job with the PS, I like how you arranged it and the colours with the 2 little tails on the left. Really Cool. Also beautiful tie knot, dimple, and the collar sits nice and high and fits you perfectly. Jacket from what i can see also very good. 3 patterns and a texture nice.
Thank you very much, John. I'm really bad at naming colours, I think the right one would be purple. Thanks again!post #41797 of 7871712/19/12 at 8:10ampost #41798 of 7871712/19/12 at 8:10ampost #41799 of 7871712/19/12 at 8:13amQuote:Originally Posted by Louis XIV
RDiaz, no idea if the recent comments regarding outfits obviously in bad taste in the good taste thread were aimed at you, but in my opinion, you are amongst the better dressers of this forum.
Sure sometimes I do not care for an outfit of yours but I seldomely if ever truely dislike them.
In fact there are outfits of more well known/respect members which receive a lot of thumbs up in the thread which I like a lot less than yours because while they might be according to SF rules, they still strike me as too flamboyant.
So I just wanted to tell you I enjoy your contributions a lot.
+1. Fuck them and the horse they rode in on.post #41800 of 7871712/19/12 at 8:35ampost #41801 of 7871712/19/12 at 8:42ampost #41802 of 7871712/19/12 at 8:43ampost #41803 of 7871712/19/12 at 9:32ampost #41804 of 7871712/19/12 at 9:55ampost #41805 of 7871712/19/12 at 10:00am
After seeing my, Orgetorix's & CEP's ties in quick succession yesterday, I think there must have been a global navy tie/white spots subliminal message. :) To answer stitchy's question, mine was Pakeman, Catto & Carter.
A few comments on recent outfits:
- Fred's fit w/the blue OCBD: nice, but would have liked it more with a thicker/rougher fabric on the jacket, to complement the trousers.
- yjung: fab suit; wish it was slighter less tapered towards the leg opening (possibly a tiny fraction longer too). I appreciate that this is not the style you're after with that maker, but I think it would look even better that way.
- Malford: so severe, it's almost funereal. I'd feel under the weather wearing something so strict. :)
- NYI/NYR: I'm not a fan of those trousers in isolation, but I really don't think they work well, colour-wise, with that jacket. Mind you, I'm struggling to think what colour jacket would work better. Maybe navy. Maybe.
- RDiaz: for me, the solid navy DB is too much contrast for the pale grey flannel trousers. A patterned DB with the same background shade of navy would have been OK. As it is, I find the top half a little too severe for the casual trousers. Or using a more casual shirt/tie combination to deformalise the top a bit more might have been enough of a change.
And from me, a turtleneck that habitually gets SF disapproval. One day, you'll all come round. Mind you, you only have a couple more days till the end of the world. In fact, maybe that would be a sign of the Apocalypse?
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › ethan's Musing on the Near East 3 minutes ago
- › #ForBrian : RIP @hbkshin / StyleForum's Help Needed To Aid The... 8 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE 29 June 2016 - The "What the hell was I thinking"... 14 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 20 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 21 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 28 minutes ago
- › ENZO BONAFÉ MTO and GMTO Central 34 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 34 minutes ago
- › ***SW&D Photography Thread*** 37 minutes ago
- › Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication... 40 minutes ago
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding