Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:40 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2786post #41776 of 7872112/19/12 at 3:28am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #41777 of 7872112/19/12 at 3:34ampost #41778 of 7872112/19/12 at 3:36ampost #41779 of 7872112/19/12 at 4:29amA day suited to a little grandeur (or grandiosity, depending). I am taking my two consultants out to lunch in honor of the holiday season today, then, this evening, I'm attending a members' preview and reception at the Museum of Modern Art. In my evening's activities, due to the unexpected absence of my partner, I have the pleasure of attending with a friend from That Other Website, who is visiting from Rio.
Suit - BB MTM
Shirt - Ike Behar
Tie - BB
Cufflinks - Longmire
Shoes - C & J
Overcoat - BB
Scarf - New & Lingwood
Hat - Selentino, via JJ Hat Center
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #41780 of 7872112/19/12 at 4:33ampost #41781 of 7872112/19/12 at 4:43ampost #41782 of 7872112/19/12 at 4:44ampost #41783 of 7872112/19/12 at 5:18ampost #41784 of 7872112/19/12 at 5:20amRDiaz, no idea if the recent comments regarding outfits obviously in bad taste in the good taste thread were aimed at you, but in my opinion, you are amongst the better dressers of this forum.
Sure sometimes I do not care for an outfit of yours but I seldomely if ever truely dislike them.
In fact there are outfits of more well known/respect members which receive a lot of thumbs up in the thread which I like a lot less than yours because while they might be according to SF rules, they still strike me as too flamboyant.
So I just wanted to tell you I enjoy your contributions a lot.post #41785 of 7872112/19/12 at 5:46am
Thank you Louis. I don't think the comments were directed specifically at me, but they are right in that outfits in that thread should be at least of a certain level of quality, which several posters, myself included, just don't reach - it's better to move on and keep learningpost #41786 of 7872112/19/12 at 5:51ampost #41787 of 7872112/19/12 at 5:51ampost #41788 of 7872112/19/12 at 6:47ampost #41789 of 7872112/19/12 at 6:53amQuote:Originally Posted by RDiaz
Thank you Louis. I don't think the comments were directed specifically at me, but they are right in that outfits in that thread should be at least of a certain level of quality, which several posters, myself included, just don't reach - it's better to move on and keep learning
I thought your outfits were well-thought out and tasteful. Mind you, this is from someone who does NOT post in the good taste thread. FWIW.
Anyway, I commented on one of Derek's looks from last week and just now got to thinking that I should pull together what I'd suggested and see how it flies. Feels kind of matchy-matchy.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
- › ADIDAS Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Motorcycles 4 minutes ago
- › Left Field NYC Clothing Thread 8 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 14 minutes ago
- › In Praise (but also Suspicion) of Patterned Pants 31 minutes ago
- › www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page 41 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 48 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 54 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 55 minutes ago
- › Why are people willing to pay more for mainstream high fashion... 1 hour ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...