It is this tie. Functionally solid from a distance
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Yesterday at 9:24 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2752post #41266 of 7872112/11/12 at 7:02am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #41267 of 7872112/11/12 at 7:04ampost #41268 of 7872112/11/12 at 7:22amQuote:Originally Posted by Ianiceman
And just when you thought the collar discussion was done ...
Thanks for your perfect timing Spoo. I've complimented your pics several times in the past so you know I'm not trying to pile on here , but I've always thought that your vertically striped shirts with a really thick collar band of horizontal stripes, as shown in today's pic, looks off to me. I dunno if you deliberately request or choose that, or if it's your signature look, or if it's just a consequence of your preference for taller collars, but I only notice it on your aggressively striped shirts and it always seems to spoil the congruence of your collar shape/spread/tie knot combo. All IMO of course!Quote:Originally Posted by Ianiceman
Put it this way - when I wear a striped shirt, moderate spread, top button fastened, tie knotted up, you can't see any collar band. When you do it like today you have about 1.5 inches or more of horizontal striped collar band visible from behind your tie and between your collar points.
It reminds me of a lad I know who paired a seersucker jacket with a horizontally striped seersucker tie. The horizontal meets vertical stripes of the same colour and scale.post #41269 of 7872112/11/12 at 7:32am
Not diggin' that tie, stitches. Small scale prints and multi-coloured madders are the only paisleys I really find tasteful...
Well actually in my opinion all jacquards should be burned, but that's a bit radical
Colours are fine and suit looks nice, though!post #41270 of 7872112/11/12 at 8:07amQuote:
ah well, horses for courses. i forgot to mention though, it was a chanukah gift from rambo, last year.
glad you are down with the colors and suit.post #41271 of 7872112/11/12 at 8:13ampost #41272 of 7872112/11/12 at 8:15ampost #41273 of 7872112/11/12 at 8:16ampost #41274 of 7872112/11/12 at 8:32amA kinda-sorta formal dance Saturday night. Black and white was the theme, but not owning a tuxedo, I went with my sadly too small navy suit (with fashionably high buttoning point, as you can see). Close enough. Time for a new navy suit, though.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #41275 of 7872112/11/12 at 8:38ampost #41276 of 7872112/11/12 at 8:44ampost #41277 of 7872112/11/12 at 8:53amGood Morning-
Shoes: Alden Shell
Watch: Chopard MM
EDIT: Jeez, sorry guys, I didn't see the shoe shot was so blurry until it was actually posted. I never understood why folks posted blurry photo - now I know how it happens.....thx,
Edited by Owen Meany - 12/11/12 at 10:25ampost #41278 of 7872112/11/12 at 8:53ampost #41279 of 7872112/11/12 at 8:53am
Shoe dyad, maybe?
No love for Victor Von Doom? Dude is dictator of an entire country... and the population actually really likes him. That's a pretty neat trick to pull off. Plus, gotta love the cape...
I suspect today will be more to SF's liking than yesterday:post #41280 of 7872112/11/12 at 8:55amQuote:
Dr. Doom was one of my favorites. Now there was a sophisticated villain. Nice pattern on the suit btw.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know 4 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 6 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 6 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 8 minutes ago
- › LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD 12 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate "HARDCORE" Shoe Porn Thread (Bespoke only) 15 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 19 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...