It is this tie. Functionally solid from a distance
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:46 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2752post #41266 of 7871912/11/12 at 7:02am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #41267 of 7871912/11/12 at 7:04ampost #41268 of 7871912/11/12 at 7:22amQuote:Originally Posted by Ianiceman
And just when you thought the collar discussion was done ...
Thanks for your perfect timing Spoo. I've complimented your pics several times in the past so you know I'm not trying to pile on here , but I've always thought that your vertically striped shirts with a really thick collar band of horizontal stripes, as shown in today's pic, looks off to me. I dunno if you deliberately request or choose that, or if it's your signature look, or if it's just a consequence of your preference for taller collars, but I only notice it on your aggressively striped shirts and it always seems to spoil the congruence of your collar shape/spread/tie knot combo. All IMO of course!Quote:Originally Posted by Ianiceman
Put it this way - when I wear a striped shirt, moderate spread, top button fastened, tie knotted up, you can't see any collar band. When you do it like today you have about 1.5 inches or more of horizontal striped collar band visible from behind your tie and between your collar points.
It reminds me of a lad I know who paired a seersucker jacket with a horizontally striped seersucker tie. The horizontal meets vertical stripes of the same colour and scale.post #41269 of 7871912/11/12 at 7:32am
Not diggin' that tie, stitches. Small scale prints and multi-coloured madders are the only paisleys I really find tasteful...
Well actually in my opinion all jacquards should be burned, but that's a bit radical
Colours are fine and suit looks nice, though!post #41270 of 7871912/11/12 at 8:07amQuote:
ah well, horses for courses. i forgot to mention though, it was a chanukah gift from rambo, last year.
glad you are down with the colors and suit.post #41271 of 7871912/11/12 at 8:13ampost #41272 of 7871912/11/12 at 8:15ampost #41273 of 7871912/11/12 at 8:16ampost #41274 of 7871912/11/12 at 8:32amA kinda-sorta formal dance Saturday night. Black and white was the theme, but not owning a tuxedo, I went with my sadly too small navy suit (with fashionably high buttoning point, as you can see). Close enough. Time for a new navy suit, though.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #41275 of 7871912/11/12 at 8:38ampost #41276 of 7871912/11/12 at 8:44ampost #41277 of 7871912/11/12 at 8:53amGood Morning-
Shoes: Alden Shell
Watch: Chopard MM
EDIT: Jeez, sorry guys, I didn't see the shoe shot was so blurry until it was actually posted. I never understood why folks posted blurry photo - now I know how it happens.....thx,
Edited by Owen Meany - 12/11/12 at 10:25ampost #41278 of 7871912/11/12 at 8:53ampost #41279 of 7871912/11/12 at 8:53am
Shoe dyad, maybe?
No love for Victor Von Doom? Dude is dictator of an entire country... and the population actually really likes him. That's a pretty neat trick to pull off. Plus, gotta love the cape...
I suspect today will be more to SF's liking than yesterday:post #41280 of 7871912/11/12 at 8:55amQuote:
Dr. Doom was one of my favorites. Now there was a sophisticated villain. Nice pattern on the suit btw.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › The Grinder 35 seconds ago
- › Official Filson Thread - Clothing/Bags Etc 1 minute ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 2 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 4 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 6 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 7 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 9 minutes ago
- › Carmina Mid-Brown Suede String Loafer 9 UK 10 US 9 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 10 minutes ago
- › Ships Loro Piana Grey Sportscoat 38/48R 12 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...