Do you have any of these shirts left to sell?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/9/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/9/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/9/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/9/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/14/11 at 9:21am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 12/2/13 at 4:49pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Bison Made
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Four Horsemen Shop
- GABE Tailored
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Jeffrey George
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Upstate Stock
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2751
Styleforum Top Picks
Clapy made a comment on my spread collared shirts about two months ago, suggesting that I make the collar higher. I got three made and am really happy with the results. I had an extra 1.5cm put on, which of course meant that they had to lengthen the collar (wings? what are they called?)
I think you could add another 10mm to the height of the collar band, it looks fairly low to me when compared to the blade length. If there was slightly less spread, it would also give a better sense of height.
Todays vintage: A suit from PUB in Stockholm, approx 1940. An other shirt fråm the 40´s with "Acetoniserad" collar. (See above) and a bow tie in Rhodia silk, probably a little less vitage, from the 60 - 70´s I think.
Today I shall visit a company in the note book business called Whitelines. What is more appropriate than chalk stripes?
And just when you thought the collar discussion was done ...
Thanks for your perfect timing Spoo. I've complimented your pics several times in the past so you know I'm not trying to pile on here , but I've always thought that your vertically striped shirts with a really thick collar band of horizontal stripes, as shown in today's pic, looks off to me. I dunno if you deliberately request or choose that, or if it's your signature look, or if it's just a consequence of your preference for taller collars, but I only notice it on your aggressively striped shirts and it always seems to spoil the congruence of your collar shape/spread/tie knot combo. All IMO of course!
Are you saying that something it would be better if the stripes were vertical or angled? Or that the collar band should be lower?
Low collar bands on someone with an average or long neck look sad.
It can, and probably often does, but I think shoulder slope, tie knot and width, and buttoning point all play a role in optimum collar height. They all seem to be a factor in creating the proper lines. A high buttoning point combined with a high collar might look a bit odd. Lower spread collars look better, at least on me, in a suit context, but I like higher spread (a recent development) with odd jackets.
If we are talking about non-spread collars with a low collar band, then yes, probably always sad.
Sorry about the blurrines in the close-up pic... and the PS is not so shiny IRL, it's really true that Drake's squares tend to do this.
Odd jacket, shirt : Emidio Tucci
Trousers: MTM Holland & Sherry Viceroy woollen flannel
Edited by RDiaz - 12/11/12 at 1:09pm
Sorry about the lack of shoo cerkle, Stitchy, but Tits walked a great deal before meeting me for lunch - his shoes were not suitable for publication, and mine you saw with my posting yesterday morning.
Yesterday's rain is finally ending, and I've decided to assay something a bit more complete than yesterday's look.
Suit - BB MTM
Shirt - Lewin
Tie - Turnbull & Asser
Braces - Paul Staurt
Cufflinks - Deakin & Francis, via DeNatale, NYC
PS - Robert Talbott
Shoes - Bergdorf Goodman house brand
Overcoat - BB
Hat - Selentino
Scarf - Frank Stella, NYC
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- › Mod to Suedehead 4 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 1 minute ago
- › NIKE Thread 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 2 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 2 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 3 minutes ago
- › US Import Duty 3 minutes ago
- › Lands' End Year 'rounder Suit(s) 38R 4 minutes ago
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › Herschel Ravine Black/Tan FA 12 by pfmicks
- › Vans Footwear The Barbour Classic Slip On Sneaker,10.5,Green by ATLnoob
- › Berg & Berg unlined silk bow tie (SS'13) by MTB-85
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by ahilal
- › So you want to design your own clothes? by DaveJames
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw