or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2750  

post #41236 of 78723
Did not get a fit pic in today because of the weather in NYC, however I can personally test that crusty was in excellent taste.
post #41237 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie22 View Post

To be honest, neither fit you. I would return them both.
Thanks for the honest feedback. What specifically is wrong with the jackets? They only cost $150 each. Thought I'd use them for leisure.
post #41238 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by mktitsworth View Post

Did not get a fit pic in today because of the weather in NYC, however I can personally test that crusty was in excellent taste.

shoe cerkle?
post #41239 of 78723

The spoo talk right now brings up one of the questions ive been having since starting to experiment with the fih knot. Im noticing a lot more of the collar band is visible and the thin part of the tie that wraps around the neck shows a great amount. This looks sort of off to me, but is it normal? Do I just suck at tying this knot?

 

No fit pics for today, but I have an interview for a promotion on thursday, so tomorrow ill have some outfits for you guys to critique. And Im gonna need to get it because you guys are making me go poor with all these new clothes ive decided I must have after hanging around this thread!


Edited by roomiller - 12/10/12 at 8:42pm
post #41240 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by roomiller View Post

The spoo talk right now bring up one of the questions id been having since starting to experiment with the fih knot. Im noticing a lot more of the collar band is visible and the thin part of the tie that wraps around the neck shows a great amount and looks sort of off to me?

No fit pics for today, but I have an interview for a promotion on thursday, so tomorrow ill have some outfits for you guys to critique. And Im gonna need to get it because you guys are making me go poor with all these new clothes ive decided I must have after hanging around this thread!
I'm not sure if there is a hard and fast rule about this. I think you notice the band the most on Finamore, Barba, Borrelli, and other higher end shirt manufacturers. I personally like it, although for pure business professional wear you are better going with a pointed classic collar which makes it practically difficult to have this effect.
post #41241 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhors2 View Post


I'm not sure if there is a hard and fast rule about this. I think you notice the band the most on Finamore, Barba, Borrelli, and other higher end shirt manufacturers. I personally like it, although for pure business professional wear you are better going with a pointed classic collar which makes it practically difficult to have this effect.

Damn you caught me before I edited my post into something resembling proper english. Im not wearing high ends shirts but the smaller size of the knot still shows a good deal of band. I think it might just be the change thats throwing me off, and not that it actually looks bad. At school, every moron in a pre-packaged shirt/tie combo used a fih knot so I just have some residual prejudice towards it. 

post #41242 of 78723

Clapy made a comment on my spread collared shirts about two months ago, suggesting that I make the collar higher. I got three made and am really happy with the results. I had an extra 1.5cm put on, which of course meant that they had to lengthen the collar (wings? what are they called?) 

 

Anyway, in hopes of adding to the discussion:

The slighty higher collar (Click to show)

 

 

1000

 

Original spread collar (Click to show)

 

1000

(I know the shirt definitely doesn't work with anything else here. Too formal. Managing levels of formality is something I struggle with because of wardrobe limitations; most of what I own is pre-SF...I only started buying less formal shirts after sugarbutch took me to school.)

 

1000

 

 

My head is a bit big for my body, so I think the slightly bigger collars are more flattering than the smaller ones. The actual increase was minute, but there's a difference.

post #41243 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

shoe cerkle?

After walking the most of manhattan on a dreary day making the streets full of goo, my shoes were in no condition for a cerkle. Crusty's looked good though.
post #41244 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by mktitsworth View Post

After walking the most of manhattan on a dreary day making the streets full of goo, my shoes were in no condition for a cerkle. Crusty's looked good though.

frown.gif
post #41245 of 78723
They were not the decos. I had three pairs of shoes with me, and these were the least of them.
post #41246 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by mktitsworth View Post

They were not the decos. I had three pairs of shoes with me, and these were the least of them.

post #41247 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdfast View Post

Originally Posted by Albert Hal View Post

Shirt with "Acetonized" collar 1940´s.

Interesting. So, what does that mean? Does it look/feel different?

 

 

 

 

700

 

"Acetoniserad krage" means a permanent starched collar. You just need to iron it when it´s wet The design of the shirt and collar leads me to date the shirt to the 1940´s

post #41248 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Hal View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


"Acetoniserad krage" means a permanent starched collar. You just need to iron it when it´s wet The design of the shirt and collar leads me to date the shirt to the 1940´s

Yes, they are from the 40's. I bought a bunch of these shirts from a dead stock and sold them in no time at all. Sweden's got some dedicated vintage shoppers.
post #41249 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by EFV View Post


Yes, they are from the 40's. I bought a bunch of these shirts from a dead stock and sold them in no time at all. Sweden's got some dedicated vintage shoppers.

Do you have any of these shirts left to sell?

post #41250 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post

Clapy made a comment on my spread collared shirts about two months ago, suggesting that I make the collar higher. I got three made and am really happy with the results. I had an extra 1.5cm put on, which of course meant that they had to lengthen the collar (wings? what are they called?) 

 

I think you could add another 10mm to the height of the collar band, it looks fairly low to me when compared to the blade length. If there was slightly less spread, it would also give a better sense of height.

 

IMO E&OE

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III