I think in a few short words GDL was able to curtail any excessive craziness.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:14 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2748post #41206 of 7872112/10/12 at 2:05pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #41207 of 7872112/10/12 at 2:23pmpost #41208 of 7872112/10/12 at 2:23pmpost #41209 of 7872112/10/12 at 2:46pmDating clothes are sometimes verk easy. You just look inside an inner pocket and read the date written there.. But more often you don not find that label. Then you'll have to look at the design, the texture of the fabrics, the weight, the handicraft, the typography of the logotype and label. I also have about 40 catalogues from fashion and post order companies 1910 - 1990 to guide me.post #41210 of 7872112/10/12 at 2:50pmpost #41211 of 7872112/10/12 at 3:19pmpost #41212 of 7872112/10/12 at 3:51pmpost #41213 of 7872112/10/12 at 4:25pmpost #41214 of 7872112/10/12 at 4:44pmpost #41215 of 7872112/10/12 at 4:48pmpost #41216 of 7872112/10/12 at 4:54pmQuote:
thanks, it does fit quite nice.
its a perfect navy. you can get a better idea color from this pic from the watch thread.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
spoo - lookin good. i see you didnt wait very long to bust out the new GGs.post #41217 of 7872112/10/12 at 4:58pmpost #41218 of 7872112/10/12 at 5:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Who was it around these parts that used to joke about small-scale paisley ties looking a bit too much like sperm? iammatt? Anyway, this has to be a near-archetypal example.
Apart from that somewhat freaky note, it's a nice look.post #41219 of 7872112/10/12 at 5:16pmpost #41220 of 7872112/10/12 at 5:16pm
And just when you thought the collar discussion was done ...
Thanks for your perfect timing Spoo. I've complimented your pics several times in the past so you know I'm not trying to pile on here , but I've always thought that your vertically striped shirts with a really thick collar band of horizontal stripes, as shown in today's pic, looks off to me. I dunno if you deliberately request or choose that, or if it's your signature look, or if it's just a consequence of your preference for taller collars, but I only notice it on your aggressively striped shirts and it always seems to spoil the congruence of your collar shape/spread/tie knot combo. All IMO of course!
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
Currently, there are 1638 Active Users (382 Members and 1256 Guests)
- › Just bought this watch for $800 from Macys. Was it a good buy? 39 seconds ago
- › The Ultimate "HARDCORE" Shoe Porn Thread (Bespoke only) 45 seconds ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 1 minute ago
- › who are your favorite celebrities? 1 minute ago
- › Azzuraa Bespoke Leather Goods - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Opinion on this purchase 3 minutes ago
- › AN AUSTRALIAN ICON! Akubra Slouch Hat. Size 59. FREE SHIPPING &... 3 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 4 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 4 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 5 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...