Thanks for the input, but its just the angle...
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2747post #41191 of 7872212/10/12 at 11:14am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #41192 of 7872212/10/12 at 11:27ampost #41193 of 7872212/10/12 at 11:41amhappy holidays to you as well, g. superb fit. reminds again how badly i need a small scale shepherds check tie. cant quite make out the color though, blue, black or brown?
also, i see you left one of the double top buttons, open. do you find it more comfortable that way?post #41194 of 7872212/10/12 at 12:02pm
I see. Well, the pents look elegant and do not strike me as oversized in your photo (which says a lot as I am a staunch slim/tailored (but not to slim) looks better kinda guy).
The image below reminds me of myself prior to discovering SFQuote:Originally Posted by RDiaz
Frankie22, the leg opening on these is 9". I have a pair of grey flannels that are exactly 0.5" smaller at the bottom, but somehow I find that the wider the trousers, the more flattering they look. I think it's all about proportion- the wider the hips, the wider the bottoms need to be. I need to get the cuffs properly pressed though (made them myself) so they drape better over the shoe.
I had a MTM pair made with more aggresively tapered knees, and the result is awful. Add double forward pleats (my mistake, I should have asked for a single reverse pleat) and they kinda look like a less exaggerated version of this:
So, from now on, gangster pants for mepost #41195 of 7872212/10/12 at 12:31pmpost #41196 of 7872212/10/12 at 12:40pmpost #41197 of 7872212/10/12 at 12:57pmQuote:
i love the high collar, but i think it depends on the neck of the wearer. works for g, manton as well. they have teh long enough necks.post #41198 of 7872212/10/12 at 12:58pmQuote:
Nope I was thinking the exact same thing. Not a good look, seems like the wearer is being squeezed out of his shirt like toothpaste.post #41199 of 7872212/10/12 at 12:59pmpost #41200 of 7872212/10/12 at 1:15pmpost #41201 of 7872212/10/12 at 1:27pmQuote:
The double button makes a wider (taller) collar band necessary. Even considering this, it's still pretty severe. Personally I think it's a bit too tall and appears that the collar point hits at the exact same point on the collarbone as the bottom of the band. I think a less spread/cutaway collar shape would diminish this illusion and make things look more proportional. As it is now, it looks a little out of whack and even manipulates the overall look by making the tie look far longer than it likely is by extending the empty space from neck to waist.post #41202 of 7872212/10/12 at 1:30pmi really really hope that this turns into 6 pages of convo about exact specifications of, pros and cons of, and general rules of, proper collar height, spread and and general appearance.post #41203 of 7872212/10/12 at 1:35pmpost #41204 of 7872212/10/12 at 1:37pmI know that G has a penchant for spread collars. I also think, from the censured pictures I've seen of him, that a spread does a much better job of framing his face and his longer points keep everything in check. This example, again just as it appears to me, seems like he extended the band and the spread without expanding the collar point length in equal parts. It comes together a little "off" accordingly. Again, I don't think it looks bad or has to change, but I will say there is a seemingly awkward amount of space between the bottom of the band and the top of the tie not. Almost looks like he sewed points onto the top of a priest's collar. If this shirt was worn open-necked I don't think it would be nearly as evident.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 3 seconds ago
- › Cars We Drive! 18 seconds ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 31 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 50 seconds ago
- › Introduce yourself. 58 seconds ago
- › The Ultimate Vass Porn Thread 1 minute ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 2 minutes ago
- › whnay.'s good taste thread 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › How would you like a girl to dress? 4 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Top 5 Online Shopping Websites For...
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)