Thanks for the input, but its just the angle...
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 2:11 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 2:08 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2747post #41191 of 7872212/10/12 at 11:14am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #41192 of 7872212/10/12 at 11:27ampost #41193 of 7872212/10/12 at 11:41amhappy holidays to you as well, g. superb fit. reminds again how badly i need a small scale shepherds check tie. cant quite make out the color though, blue, black or brown?
also, i see you left one of the double top buttons, open. do you find it more comfortable that way?post #41194 of 7872212/10/12 at 12:02pm
I see. Well, the pents look elegant and do not strike me as oversized in your photo (which says a lot as I am a staunch slim/tailored (but not to slim) looks better kinda guy).
The image below reminds me of myself prior to discovering SFQuote:Originally Posted by RDiaz
Frankie22, the leg opening on these is 9". I have a pair of grey flannels that are exactly 0.5" smaller at the bottom, but somehow I find that the wider the trousers, the more flattering they look. I think it's all about proportion- the wider the hips, the wider the bottoms need to be. I need to get the cuffs properly pressed though (made them myself) so they drape better over the shoe.
I had a MTM pair made with more aggresively tapered knees, and the result is awful. Add double forward pleats (my mistake, I should have asked for a single reverse pleat) and they kinda look like a less exaggerated version of this:
So, from now on, gangster pants for mepost #41195 of 7872212/10/12 at 12:31pmpost #41196 of 7872212/10/12 at 12:40pmpost #41197 of 7872212/10/12 at 12:57pmQuote:
i love the high collar, but i think it depends on the neck of the wearer. works for g, manton as well. they have teh long enough necks.post #41198 of 7872212/10/12 at 12:58pmQuote:
Nope I was thinking the exact same thing. Not a good look, seems like the wearer is being squeezed out of his shirt like toothpaste.post #41199 of 7872212/10/12 at 12:59pmpost #41200 of 7872212/10/12 at 1:15pmpost #41201 of 7872212/10/12 at 1:27pmQuote:
The double button makes a wider (taller) collar band necessary. Even considering this, it's still pretty severe. Personally I think it's a bit too tall and appears that the collar point hits at the exact same point on the collarbone as the bottom of the band. I think a less spread/cutaway collar shape would diminish this illusion and make things look more proportional. As it is now, it looks a little out of whack and even manipulates the overall look by making the tie look far longer than it likely is by extending the empty space from neck to waist.post #41202 of 7872212/10/12 at 1:30pmpost #41203 of 7872212/10/12 at 1:35pmpost #41204 of 7872212/10/12 at 1:37pmI know that G has a penchant for spread collars. I also think, from the censured pictures I've seen of him, that a spread does a much better job of framing his face and his longer points keep everything in check. This example, again just as it appears to me, seems like he extended the band and the spread without expanding the collar point length in equal parts. It comes together a little "off" accordingly. Again, I don't think it looks bad or has to change, but I will say there is a seemingly awkward amount of space between the bottom of the band and the top of the tie not. Almost looks like he sewed points onto the top of a priest's collar. If this shirt was worn open-necked I don't think it would be nearly as evident.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Suitsupply NYC 13 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 42 seconds ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 43 seconds ago
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 2 minutes ago
- › Alden Shell Cordovan Ravello LWB 5 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 5 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 8 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 12 minutes ago
- › 2015 50 Book Challenge 14 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 14 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...