Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:54 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2747post #41191 of 7871912/10/12 at 11:27am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #41192 of 7871912/10/12 at 11:41amhappy holidays to you as well, g. superb fit. reminds again how badly i need a small scale shepherds check tie. cant quite make out the color though, blue, black or brown?
also, i see you left one of the double top buttons, open. do you find it more comfortable that way?post #41193 of 7871912/10/12 at 12:02pm
I see. Well, the pents look elegant and do not strike me as oversized in your photo (which says a lot as I am a staunch slim/tailored (but not to slim) looks better kinda guy).
The image below reminds me of myself prior to discovering SFQuote:Originally Posted by RDiaz
Frankie22, the leg opening on these is 9". I have a pair of grey flannels that are exactly 0.5" smaller at the bottom, but somehow I find that the wider the trousers, the more flattering they look. I think it's all about proportion- the wider the hips, the wider the bottoms need to be. I need to get the cuffs properly pressed though (made them myself) so they drape better over the shoe.
I had a MTM pair made with more aggresively tapered knees, and the result is awful. Add double forward pleats (my mistake, I should have asked for a single reverse pleat) and they kinda look like a less exaggerated version of this:
So, from now on, gangster pants for mepost #41194 of 7871912/10/12 at 12:31pmpost #41195 of 7871912/10/12 at 12:40pmpost #41196 of 7871912/10/12 at 12:57pmQuote:
i love the high collar, but i think it depends on the neck of the wearer. works for g, manton as well. they have teh long enough necks.post #41197 of 7871912/10/12 at 12:58pmQuote:
Nope I was thinking the exact same thing. Not a good look, seems like the wearer is being squeezed out of his shirt like toothpaste.post #41198 of 7871912/10/12 at 12:59pmpost #41199 of 7871912/10/12 at 1:15pmpost #41200 of 7871912/10/12 at 1:27pmQuote:
The double button makes a wider (taller) collar band necessary. Even considering this, it's still pretty severe. Personally I think it's a bit too tall and appears that the collar point hits at the exact same point on the collarbone as the bottom of the band. I think a less spread/cutaway collar shape would diminish this illusion and make things look more proportional. As it is now, it looks a little out of whack and even manipulates the overall look by making the tie look far longer than it likely is by extending the empty space from neck to waist.post #41201 of 7871912/10/12 at 1:30pmpost #41202 of 7871912/10/12 at 1:35pmpost #41203 of 7871912/10/12 at 1:37pmI know that G has a penchant for spread collars. I also think, from the censured pictures I've seen of him, that a spread does a much better job of framing his face and his longer points keep everything in check. This example, again just as it appears to me, seems like he extended the band and the spread without expanding the collar point length in equal parts. It comes together a little "off" accordingly. Again, I don't think it looks bad or has to change, but I will say there is a seemingly awkward amount of space between the bottom of the band and the top of the tie not. Almost looks like he sewed points onto the top of a priest's collar. If this shirt was worn open-necked I don't think it would be nearly as evident.post #41204 of 7871912/10/12 at 1:53pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Gun Appreciation Thread 18 seconds ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 56 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 1 minute ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 1 minute ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) -... 1 minute ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 2 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 2 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?