Professional, elegant yet not overwhelming/too bold. I like it a lot (not that I'm an expert but just my opinion)
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 9:52 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2744post #41146 of 7871912/9/12 at 2:32pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #41147 of 7871912/9/12 at 4:36pmpost #41148 of 7871912/10/12 at 12:59ampost #41149 of 7871912/10/12 at 1:03amQuote:
Mobbie, It has been said that your pocket square is crappy and it is better not to wear one at all rather than a crappy one.
So get yourself a better plain white one for now.post #41150 of 7871912/10/12 at 2:28am
BB golden fleece fitzgerald navy suit (color looks different because i played around with instagram filter )
BB egyptian cotton white shirt (i think i should move the shirt cuff button so they are not so loose)
BB Peal & Co. (C&J) brown captoe
Kent Wang white linen ps
Isaia blue and white checkered tie (the tie came off after dancing for an hour)post #41151 of 7871912/10/12 at 2:41amQuote:Originally Posted by Charlie's Wardrobe
CBD Monday Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Shirt: Henry Carter
Tie: Henry Carter
Shoes: Meermin olfe cap toe
PS: Henry Carter white linen (coming soon).
What an excellent example of good taste and dash. The very, very conservative suit, solid tie, and white PS all serve as the perfect frame for the brilliantly colored and patterned shirt. Nicely executed.post #41152 of 7871912/10/12 at 3:16am
Bonus underwear shot:
Odd jacket: Emidio Tucci
Shirt: Old MTM (too big on me now)
Hank: E.G. Cappelli
Braces: Emidio Tucci
Trousers: Emidio Tucci (Vitale Barberis Canonico flannel)
Yeah, fuller pants. After trying more tapered dress pants as suggested here, the result was a trainwreck, probably cause my hips are wider than most folks think. These are way more flattering IMO.
Edited by RDiaz - 12/12/12 at 6:39ampost #41153 of 7871912/10/12 at 3:53amQuote:
Lovely coat! And, the tie provides the perfect foil to the color/pattern of the coat. Liking the braces, too.
Personally, I would try a solid PS.
I'd be curious to see how the jacket would look with only one button fastened. I'll bet it would look more jazzy.post #41154 of 7871912/10/12 at 4:12amA challenging day for which to dress - inclement weather in NYC, warmer than normal for December (highs around 15C/60F), and I'm to meet up with mktitsworth for a midday meal. I hope that I'm not over-insulated (no overcoat/raincoat today - hat and umbrella only), and that I'll pass muster with my lunch guest.
Suit - BB GF
Shirt - Tyrwhitt
Tie - Ferragamo
PS - Ashear
Cufflinks - Metropolitan Museum of Art
Watch chain - vintage
Shoes - Harris, via Barney's NYC
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #41155 of 7871912/10/12 at 4:39ampost #41156 of 7871912/10/12 at 4:53amQuote:
Thanks! I'm actually using the middle button only, but the lapels don't roll smoothly to it (it's a true 3-button) so it may look like it's buttoned...
upr_crust, I very much enjoy that suit you are wearing today. Have fun on your lunch!post #41157 of 7871912/10/12 at 6:01ampost #41158 of 7871912/10/12 at 6:13ampost #41159 of 7871912/10/12 at 6:29amQuote:Originally Posted by CovertDebonair
Have a feeling that most of the people here won't be a huge fan of this outfit, but it was a goal of casual but still stylish for a "trendy" bar. Ermenegildo Zegna Shirt / Vest
I just got a Ermenegildo Zegna "soft" suit, which I should have back from the tailor in a few days so I have something that you guys may appreciate a bit more.
Its not real good.
to make it better, I would have ditched the vest and went with a sport coat. Also, wear a v-neck undershirt. That looks like a woven belt, which is just bad.Quote:
whats up with the left shoulder wrinkle?
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › How do I obtain this fit? 2 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 4 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 4 minutes ago
- › Red Wing Iron Ranger Boots - what's the dilly yo? 5 minutes ago
- › Spectator Porn 6 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 6 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 7 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 7 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...