Professional, elegant yet not overwhelming/too bold. I like it a lot (not that I'm an expert but just my opinion)
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 11:58 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
Last edited: Yesterday
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2744post #41146 of 7872112/9/12 at 2:32pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #41147 of 7872112/9/12 at 4:36pmpost #41148 of 7872112/10/12 at 12:59ampost #41149 of 7872112/10/12 at 1:03amQuote:
Mobbie, It has been said that your pocket square is crappy and it is better not to wear one at all rather than a crappy one.
So get yourself a better plain white one for now.post #41150 of 7872112/10/12 at 2:28am
BB golden fleece fitzgerald navy suit (color looks different because i played around with instagram filter )
BB egyptian cotton white shirt (i think i should move the shirt cuff button so they are not so loose)
BB Peal & Co. (C&J) brown captoe
Kent Wang white linen ps
Isaia blue and white checkered tie (the tie came off after dancing for an hour)post #41151 of 7872112/10/12 at 2:41amQuote:Originally Posted by Charlie's Wardrobe
CBD Monday Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Shirt: Henry Carter
Tie: Henry Carter
Shoes: Meermin olfe cap toe
PS: Henry Carter white linen (coming soon).
What an excellent example of good taste and dash. The very, very conservative suit, solid tie, and white PS all serve as the perfect frame for the brilliantly colored and patterned shirt. Nicely executed.post #41152 of 7872112/10/12 at 3:16am
Bonus underwear shot:
Odd jacket: Emidio Tucci
Shirt: Old MTM (too big on me now)
Hank: E.G. Cappelli
Braces: Emidio Tucci
Trousers: Emidio Tucci (Vitale Barberis Canonico flannel)
Yeah, fuller pants. After trying more tapered dress pants as suggested here, the result was a trainwreck, probably cause my hips are wider than most folks think. These are way more flattering IMO.
Edited by RDiaz - 12/12/12 at 6:39ampost #41153 of 7872112/10/12 at 3:53amQuote:
Lovely coat! And, the tie provides the perfect foil to the color/pattern of the coat. Liking the braces, too.
Personally, I would try a solid PS.
I'd be curious to see how the jacket would look with only one button fastened. I'll bet it would look more jazzy.post #41154 of 7872112/10/12 at 4:12amA challenging day for which to dress - inclement weather in NYC, warmer than normal for December (highs around 15C/60F), and I'm to meet up with mktitsworth for a midday meal. I hope that I'm not over-insulated (no overcoat/raincoat today - hat and umbrella only), and that I'll pass muster with my lunch guest.
Suit - BB GF
Shirt - Tyrwhitt
Tie - Ferragamo
PS - Ashear
Cufflinks - Metropolitan Museum of Art
Watch chain - vintage
Shoes - Harris, via Barney's NYC
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #41155 of 7872112/10/12 at 4:39ampost #41156 of 7872112/10/12 at 4:53amQuote:
Thanks! I'm actually using the middle button only, but the lapels don't roll smoothly to it (it's a true 3-button) so it may look like it's buttoned...
upr_crust, I very much enjoy that suit you are wearing today. Have fun on your lunch!post #41157 of 7872112/10/12 at 6:01ampost #41158 of 7872112/10/12 at 6:13ampost #41159 of 7872112/10/12 at 6:29amQuote:Originally Posted by CovertDebonair
Have a feeling that most of the people here won't be a huge fan of this outfit, but it was a goal of casual but still stylish for a "trendy" bar. Ermenegildo Zegna Shirt / Vest
I just got a Ermenegildo Zegna "soft" suit, which I should have back from the tailor in a few days so I have something that you guys may appreciate a bit more.
Its not real good.
to make it better, I would have ditched the vest and went with a sport coat. Also, wear a v-neck undershirt. That looks like a woven belt, which is just bad.Quote:
whats up with the left shoulder wrinkle?
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 1 minute ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 1 minute ago
- › Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion 4 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 5 minutes ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 7 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 7 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 7 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) -... 7 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 9 minutes ago
- › HBO Series, Ballers 9 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...