Professional, elegant yet not overwhelming/too bold. I like it a lot (not that I'm an expert but just my opinion)
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 4:48 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2744post #41146 of 7872112/9/12 at 2:32pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #41147 of 7872112/9/12 at 4:36pmpost #41148 of 7872112/10/12 at 12:59ampost #41149 of 7872112/10/12 at 1:03amQuote:
Mobbie, It has been said that your pocket square is crappy and it is better not to wear one at all rather than a crappy one.
So get yourself a better plain white one for now.post #41150 of 7872112/10/12 at 2:28am
BB golden fleece fitzgerald navy suit (color looks different because i played around with instagram filter )
BB egyptian cotton white shirt (i think i should move the shirt cuff button so they are not so loose)
BB Peal & Co. (C&J) brown captoe
Kent Wang white linen ps
Isaia blue and white checkered tie (the tie came off after dancing for an hour)post #41151 of 7872112/10/12 at 2:41amQuote:Originally Posted by Charlie's Wardrobe
CBD Monday Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Shirt: Henry Carter
Tie: Henry Carter
Shoes: Meermin olfe cap toe
PS: Henry Carter white linen (coming soon).
What an excellent example of good taste and dash. The very, very conservative suit, solid tie, and white PS all serve as the perfect frame for the brilliantly colored and patterned shirt. Nicely executed.post #41152 of 7872112/10/12 at 3:16am
Bonus underwear shot:
Odd jacket: Emidio Tucci
Shirt: Old MTM (too big on me now)
Hank: E.G. Cappelli
Braces: Emidio Tucci
Trousers: Emidio Tucci (Vitale Barberis Canonico flannel)
Yeah, fuller pants. After trying more tapered dress pants as suggested here, the result was a trainwreck, probably cause my hips are wider than most folks think. These are way more flattering IMO.
Edited by RDiaz - 12/12/12 at 6:39ampost #41153 of 7872112/10/12 at 3:53amQuote:
Lovely coat! And, the tie provides the perfect foil to the color/pattern of the coat. Liking the braces, too.
Personally, I would try a solid PS.
I'd be curious to see how the jacket would look with only one button fastened. I'll bet it would look more jazzy.post #41154 of 7872112/10/12 at 4:12amA challenging day for which to dress - inclement weather in NYC, warmer than normal for December (highs around 15C/60F), and I'm to meet up with mktitsworth for a midday meal. I hope that I'm not over-insulated (no overcoat/raincoat today - hat and umbrella only), and that I'll pass muster with my lunch guest.
Suit - BB GF
Shirt - Tyrwhitt
Tie - Ferragamo
PS - Ashear
Cufflinks - Metropolitan Museum of Art
Watch chain - vintage
Shoes - Harris, via Barney's NYC
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #41155 of 7872112/10/12 at 4:39ampost #41156 of 7872112/10/12 at 4:53amQuote:
Thanks! I'm actually using the middle button only, but the lapels don't roll smoothly to it (it's a true 3-button) so it may look like it's buttoned...
upr_crust, I very much enjoy that suit you are wearing today. Have fun on your lunch!post #41157 of 7872112/10/12 at 6:01ampost #41158 of 7872112/10/12 at 6:13ampost #41159 of 7872112/10/12 at 6:29amQuote:Originally Posted by CovertDebonair
Have a feeling that most of the people here won't be a huge fan of this outfit, but it was a goal of casual but still stylish for a "trendy" bar. Ermenegildo Zegna Shirt / Vest
I just got a Ermenegildo Zegna "soft" suit, which I should have back from the tailor in a few days so I have something that you guys may appreciate a bit more.
Its not real good.
to make it better, I would have ditched the vest and went with a sport coat. Also, wear a v-neck undershirt. That looks like a woven belt, which is just bad.Quote:
whats up with the left shoulder wrinkle?
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 7 seconds ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 14 seconds ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 18 seconds ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 1 minute ago
- › Engineered Garments SS15 2 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 3 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...