Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2742post #41116 of 7872212/8/12 at 10:53amWhen you have such a skinny tie, a heftier knot is much more flattering IMO. This picture is shopped by Put This On, would recommend reading their neckties series. However, I don't wear skinny ties or very wide spread collars so I always use the (D)FIH.
Styleforum Top Pickspost #41117 of 7872212/8/12 at 10:55ampost #41118 of 7872212/8/12 at 10:56ampost #41119 of 7872212/8/12 at 11:00ampost #41120 of 7872212/8/12 at 12:29pmQuote:
Yeah, a 200. Trying to get the damn carb tuned now that the heads are not leaking like a rusty old bucket. PITA.
The party is tonight. It is black tie. I am quite certain I will be the only one dressed like this...in a sea of crappy rented tuxedos.
Mikepost #41121 of 7872212/8/12 at 1:28pmQuote:
Please be positive in your crits quaddie.
Don't just tell me what to stop doing, tell me also what i should be calling people.
how about dude, wanker, homeboy, shitface, madam maybe appropriate sometimes, or even Sir on occasion.
The PS Quaddie, yes plain white would have been better I agree, but hey, the poor man is on about his 10th post and i think it's pretty damn awesome he even has a PS.
Goodness he is not perfect and neither am I, so chill dude... He is trying hard, he really has!!post #41122 of 7872212/8/12 at 1:53pmpost #41123 of 7872212/8/12 at 2:16pmQuote:Originally Posted by roomillerQuote:
There definitely isnt enough inherent creepiness in a bunch of guys posting pictures of themselves and critiquing each others' outfits haha
Is the four in hand the knot of preference? I noticed a lot of people wearing it in here but always preferred the windsor because its symmetrical and i think it looks better with a spread collar.
Windsor was the first knot my father taught me. That's him as my avatar in about 69/70.
I wear FIH almost exclusively now except for Windsor/spread collar as well for the same reason.post #41124 of 7872212/8/12 at 3:01pmQuote:
As long as others are at least trying to wear tuxedos, it won't look weird.post #41125 of 7872212/8/12 at 3:58pmpost #41126 of 7872212/8/12 at 4:03pmpost #41127 of 7872212/8/12 at 4:24pmQuote:Originally Posted by Hampton
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
By Corneliani... I think you mean Ralph Lauren made by Corneliani. Are you ashamed of RL or something!?!?!?
Regardless, I think the Garrison model (and Bradford) are great cuts. It's too bad I learned today that RL is no longer making Bradford.post #41128 of 7872212/8/12 at 4:32pmpost #41129 of 7872212/8/12 at 5:05pm
buy em. i love mine.Quote:Originally Posted by MBreinin
Eh, test fitting for the big Firm Christmas Party tomorrow. Yeah, as the grin indicates...I have been drinking. LOL
Mike Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
sup mike, lookin good. and sloshed.post #41130 of 7872212/8/12 at 5:13pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › FS: DOLCE & GABBANA A/W MILAN CATWALK SHOW GREEN WOOL COAT RARE 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 3 minutes ago
- › Groom suit, vintage theme weddding 4 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 5 minutes ago
- › Trickers x Leather Soul Keswick 9.5 Gray Suede M7292 5 minutes ago
- › First Overcoat Under $500 7 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments SS15 10 minutes ago
- › Statistics, Data Science, and Data Mining Discussion Thread... 12 minutes ago
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays
- › Last Minute Gifts for Dad
- › The Joy of Bad Christmas Movies
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...