or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2740  

post #41086 of 78723
Spoo, that tie is drool.gif

Love the SC too. Very well done, sir.
post #41087 of 78723

Thanks guys, I appreciate the feedback. The sc is a long but Im also 6'6"-7" so sometimes proper length can get tricky. DSLR pictures are forthcoming but the post needs to be approved by a moderator.

 

Also spoo, that tie is magisterial.

post #41088 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by FillW View Post

  Try a bow tie. I think you'd look good in one. Has to be the right one though.

 

Might do. I was also hesitant to ultra-high rise, full cut pants (up to the waist button on the jacket, oldog/oldtrix style) and now that I've tried them I can't think of wearing anything else - maybe same thing will happen with bow ties lol8[1].gif

post #41089 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman92190 View Post

Quote:

I think I've seen it a few times before, but I absolutely love that shirt. Deets? 

Thank you. ModernTailor.com's first-time buyer special. I would have the collar made with longer points, but I still like the shirt.

Spoo, I love the first picture.
post #41090 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



Vintage donegaly pick and picky cashmere SC
Finamore
Ralph Lauren check tie
Bergdorf Goodman madder square
Brunello Cucinelli ivory flannel pents
Crockett & Jones "Edgware"
Odin No. 3

I rarely comment on fits here (as I'm still learning, I have little to offer), but this has to be one of recent faves, and what I set out (in vain) to do every time I reach for tweed. That tie is unbelievably awesome.
post #41091 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post


Vintage donegaly pick and picky cashmere SC
Finamore
Ralph Lauren check tie
Bergdorf Goodman madder square
Brunello Cucinelli ivory flannel pents
Crockett & Jones "Edgware"
Odin No. 3

I was thinking of buying the Edgware, but then I forgot about them. They look good though.
post #41092 of 78723
Spoo

Drooling over that tie like everyone else. Can you give us more details on the tie ? RL Purple label ? How old is it ?
Looking through the web trying to locate a similar one.
post #41093 of 78723

1000

 

 

 

 

 

1000

 

So I changed the shirt color to white, as advised, and I think it contrasts better. What do you gens think?

post #41094 of 78723
^ Where did you find that TF tie in blue?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMcL View Post

I rarely comment on fits here (as I'm still learning, I have little to offer), but this has to be one of recent faves, and what I set out (in vain) to do every time I reach for tweed. That tie is unbelievably awesome.

Thank you, mang!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfluous View Post

I was thinking of buying the Edgware, but then I forgot about them. They look good though.

Yeah? Thanks. They are a bit shot, one of my oldest shoes. I just got a new one today actually to replace it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franky27 View Post

Spoo
Drooling over that tie like everyone else. Can you give us more details on the tie ? RL Purple label ? How old is it ?
Looking through the web trying to locate a similar one.

I do dig this tie myself. Its Polo RL, got it for $25 at C21 over the summer.
post #41095 of 78723
Eh, test fitting for the big Firm Christmas Party tomorrow. Yeah, as the grin indicates...I have been drinking. LOL

Rock on,

Mike



Oh, Polo velvet smoking jacket, Polo shirt, Polo flannel Tuxedo pants, Canali cummerbund, Ferragamo patent leather slips and a Brioni for Barney's tie.
post #41096 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

^ Where did you find that TF tie in blue?

 

Got it as a present from my girlfriend. I told her I want a Tom Ford tie, so she got it for me, I believe at NM.

post #41097 of 78723
Mike, good to have you. Shall I call Reevolving for old times sake?
post #41098 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

Mike, good to have you. Shall I call Reevolving for old times sake?

Only if he is down for an old school fit battle. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

I still pop in, you know...but I am busy with other stuff. It is racing season down here.

Mike
post #41099 of 78723
What kinda racin'?
post #41100 of 78723
Spoo, no need to discuss much of your outfit, all of the important pieces are spot on as usual.
One item which I repeatedly notice as not living up to the high standards of the rest are your belts.
Of course I cannot comment on the quality of leather but I tend to dislike their buckels.
Neither the matt finishing nor the thick cross-beam do anything for me.

As others have mentioned todays SC and tie are especially great.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III