Why in the world would that be a problem?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 2/18/14 at 2:14am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2737
Styleforum Top Picks
Your tie knot does not look too big, you could even do another turn to make it a DFIH, and the knot should be skew/asymmetrical, but centred in the V of your collar.
I think you look smart but there would be better contrast with the white shirt picking up the white edge of your P:S and the stripes in your suit and your tie, and the would be more contrast with this tie and make it look better as well.
Like the PS, looks cool.
anyway enough from me for now.. :)
1. you have no idea what you're talking about.
2. that doesn't explain your previous post about the bowtie + BD in the least.
Sorry, didn't mean to jump on you.
Neither bow ties nor pocket squares have any inherent formality or informality about them. Both can be formal; both can be informal. It depends on the color, pattern, material, and application.
I don't believe it's a so called "rule", but I never wear ties of any kind with buttoned collars. I personally just don't like the way it looks. But I see so many people doing it that they must see something in it that I do not.
I like BD collars with more casual options, like a tweed jacket with a challis tie, or with a bow tie (though I can't pull of a bow myself, but I like it when others do). Not with a formal tie + suit, though that seems rather common in America, so it may be OK over there.
Es broma! No guardias de seguridad dress like that here either. But navy blazer + grey trousers is seen as the "security guard look" in this forum, right?
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- › Orange 19 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 29 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 1 minute ago
- › Marinella and Zegna: Tie MtM Programs 1 minute ago
- › The WAYWT Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Los Angeles Shopping + Dining Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The official flannel suit appreciation thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 3 minutes ago
- › New TS(S) Navy Coat Size 3 (M / 40 / L), Beams+ Peacoat Size Large... 3 minutes ago
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers) by alyssaw