Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/14/11 at 9:21am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 10/31/12 at 5:14pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 1/30/13 at 10:57pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Edited on 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Edited on 5/31/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- Crane's Country Store
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Four Horsemen Shop
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Hiras Fashion
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Mes Chausettes Rouges
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Tanner Goods/Woodlands Supply
- Tate + Yoko
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Tiberias Clothing
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2737
Your tie knot does not look too big, you could even do another turn to make it a DFIH, and the knot should be skew/asymmetrical, but centred in the V of your collar.
I think you look smart but there would be better contrast with the white shirt picking up the white edge of your P:S and the stripes in your suit and your tie, and the would be more contrast with this tie and make it look better as well.
Like the PS, looks cool.
anyway enough from me for now.. :)
1. you have no idea what you're talking about.
2. that doesn't explain your previous post about the bowtie + BD in the least.
Sorry, didn't mean to jump on you.
Neither bow ties nor pocket squares have any inherent formality or informality about them. Both can be formal; both can be informal. It depends on the color, pattern, material, and application.
I don't believe it's a so called "rule", but I never wear ties of any kind with buttoned collars. I personally just don't like the way it looks. But I see so many people doing it that they must see something in it that I do not.
I like BD collars with more casual options, like a tweed jacket with a challis tie, or with a bow tie (though I can't pull of a bow myself, but I like it when others do). Not with a formal tie + suit, though that seems rather common in America, so it may be OK over there.
Es broma! No guardias de seguridad dress like that here either. But navy blazer + grey trousers is seen as the "security guard look" in this forum, right?
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 5 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoe P0rn. 6 minutes ago
- › Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures 7 minutes ago
- › Gus Wabolt talks to Keikari 8 minutes ago
- › Dying A Linen Jacket - Anyone Done This? 11 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 12 minutes ago
- › Polo Ralph Lauren and T.M. Lewin 13 minutes ago
- › What Do You Look For in Clothing 13 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments Spring/Summer 2013, plus FWK 16 minutes ago
- › NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread 16 minutes ago
- › Alden Indy Boot 403 Brown Chromexcel by Shavely Manden
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boot by blue suede shoes
- › Isaia Coral Lapel Pin by carre567
- › Kiton Napoli WearRight Dark Green Soft suede Loafers 11.5 *Handmade* by BearBindell
- › Red Wing Men's 6" Iron Ranger Boot by ranger21
- › Alfred Sargent Moore by Harrydog
- › Bright orange green paisley pattern silk tie by Holtemor
- › Allen-Edmonds Men's Leeds Oxfords,Black,10 C by trouble
- › Jos. A. Bank Signature Gold 2-Button Wool Suit by JJTV
- › Frye Men's Wallace Oxford by RandyE
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › So you want to design your own clothes? by DaveJames
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear) by alyssaw