or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2727  

post #40891 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

lame. go take your cool hair elsewhere, mr fancy pants!

Stitchy I was completely kidding!! I agree with you 100%.... I should have posted my sarcasm meter (8) (it's a scale of 0-10 right?). The PS should "match" but not "match"... it's a mutually exclusive enigma, inside a riddle, wrapped in a mystery. wow.gif

I was trying to be elliptically humorous... my tone was not well conveyed. But having read the whole post I do truly agree. Sometimes it does just look better if it "matches" for real.
post #40892 of 78723

That a square needs to match but not match is a false premise. It needs to coordinate.

post #40893 of 78723
lurker[1].gif
post #40894 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

dont know if this was asked already, can we get deets on the suit? it is amazing.

You are kidding me right? To me he looks like he is wearing his own label. It's good to be able to make RTW in your exact size.

http://www.howardyount.com/collections/suits/products/windowpane-suit-blue-gray-and-brown
post #40895 of 78723

I always thought you wanted to have the secondary color of the PS to be near, but not the same, the primary color of the tie, and for the primary color of the PS to simply not clash with everything else. Or I guess it could be flipped. Regardless, anything outside of white linen scares me.
 

post #40896 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

lurker[1].gif

im hoping. last time was a great success.
Quote:
Originally Posted by poorsod View Post

You are kidding me right? To me he looks like he is wearing his own label. It's good to be able to make RTW in your exact size.
http://www.howardyount.com/collections/suits/products/windowpane-suit-blue-gray-and-brown

i assumed so, but i am supremely lazy, and i didnt check the site. your link certainly looks to be it. thanks!

also, i have read through most of those links you refereed me to in the watch thread. i am mulling it over before i reply.
post #40897 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by chorse123 View Post

I haven't posted in here in forever:


For some reason I thought you were Asian.
post #40898 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Nickels View Post

Stitchy I was completely kidding!! I agree with you 100%.... I should have posted my sarcasm meter (8) (it's a scale of 0-10 right?). The PS should "match" but not "match"... it's a mutually exclusive enigma, inside a riddle, wrapped in a mystery. wow.gif
I was trying to be elliptically humorous... my tone was not well conveyed. But having read the whole post I do truly agree. Sometimes it does just look better if it "matches" for real.

Lol! My man. I figured you were, i just wanted to reference your cool hair. tongue.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfluous View Post

For some reason I thought you were Asian.

Im on my phone. Someone please post the "cable guy" i think he was aaaaaasian jpeg.
post #40899 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by acridsheep View Post

Just enjoying the twenty minutes between when my kid goes to bed and when I go to bed.
(yes)

You took for Orgetrix your daily free 20 minutes?! That's touching.colgate.gif
post #40900 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
preface, sorry to use you as a sounding board, but you verbalized something i have not been quite able to that has been on my mind for a while.
this sums up my issue with PSs, at least the way they are preached here, by in large. it seems the idea is to not really have your PS "match" what you are wearing, but that it still "match" what you are wearing. if there are any duplicate colors it is too "deliberate."
well guess what, pretty much everyone here is "deliberate" about what they wear, very much so as a matter of fact. i mean hell, we come here every day to talk about the deliberate choices we make with our clothing. to try and pretend that ones clothing decisions were anything but deliberate is just tomfoolery (i love that word).
additionally, i generally find that its enough to wear a shirt and tie that are not the same color as each other or the jacket, but still "match." i find when you throw in a PS that is yet another color/pattern, it more often than not just becomes too broad of a landscape, and makes the whole thing less coherent than it would have been without the PS. however, when you have a PS that has an element that draws on another piece of the puzzle, i think it all pulls together much more pleasantly to the eye.
now, maybe i have to be fired from SF for saying that, but thats how i see it. ya'll can hate the matchy match all you want, but sometimes, shit has to match to make sense to the eye. at least most eyes. and while some may say that next level eyes can appreciate all the lack of matching, i think sometimes thats just a bunch of hooey, and people trying to sound/look fancy, when in fact its just dumb.
smile.gif

Hey Stitches. Your argument makes a couple valid points where I can agree with you. First and foremost, this being SF, majority of photos posted are inherently deliberate. You also raised a valid argument about our hysteria over matchiness, that sometimes matchiness just works.

But I cannot describe in words why the following picture has a PS which to my eye is more coherent than spoo's, despite using a similar concept. The smaller motifs within the PS closely match his jacket, while the ground does not. Therefore the PS is in concept similar to the spoo picture, but the matchiness of the motif doesn't detract from the look. Or maybe it's because this guy is such a Big Timer. nod[1].gif

post #40901 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by chorse123 View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I haven't posted in here in forever:

This is a great look. The checks are shear gorgeousity. I'd prefer the lower quarters to be more closed though.

I laughed a little as I wondered what you were holding the book for. It reminded me of a travelling bible salesman... and your lean on the umbrella sends the message that you know bartitsu and I'm due for massive beatings for saying that.
post #40902 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

What's up, you jokers. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



 

Paul Smith green windowpane suit
Finamore purple stripe shirt
Sam Hober unlined, monogrammed 7 fold tie
Kiton pochette
Rollie 50 anno
Unseen DC Lewis Matthew Dubmunx
Creed Royal Scottish Lavender

 

That suit drives me insane. It's a nailhead? (with a windowpane)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chorse123 View Post

I haven't posted in here in forever:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



 

Love the triple windowpane and the patch pockets!

post #40903 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeamasterLux View Post


1/4 inch too much break. Yes, it's ruined! tongue.gif
post #40904 of 78723

700

 

More vintage/second and and more color! Jacket: Schlasberg before 1978, Turtle neck: new John Smedley

 

Holdfast: Orange with red stripes works. You can´t guess how many compliments I have got dressed in orange.

post #40905 of 78723
Suit, tie, PS, shoes - BB
Shirt and cufflinks - Charles Tyrwhitt
Watch chain - vintage

IMG_1763597x1280.jpg
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

IMG_1762469x1280.jpg

IMG_17591083x1280.jpg

IMG_1760945x1280.jpg
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III