Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2714post #40696 of 7872412/1/12 at 1:20pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #40697 of 7872412/1/12 at 1:40pmTrying to work with this cashmere Armani jacket (black label, which may make it a little better than the usual Armani crap) from Ebay ($60). Was disappointed when I first received it, but maybe there is hope. It is only 2 inches longer than jackets that would appear slightly short on me (per pocketsquares guy's recommendation to me) , but with the 3 button style it looks very long to me. I buttoned all 3 buttons because it almost appears that there is a forth button I haven't buttoned. This is the best I've come up with, and kind of like it, but looking for input. Bookster tweed cap, Loro Piana ivory turtleneck, Brioni Navy blue cords, Bally shoes. This kind of has a Gatsby look to me, dated, but perhaps thats not bad. Thanks Guys.post #40698 of 7872412/1/12 at 1:45pmQuote:Originally Posted by PTWilliams
Trying to work with this cashmere Armani jacket (black label, which may make it a little better than the usual Armani crap) from Ebay ($60). Was disappointed when I first received it, but maybe there is hope. It is only 2 inches longer than jackets that would appear slightly short on me (per pocketsquares guy's recommendation to me) , but with the 3 button style it looks very long to me. I buttoned all 3 buttons because it almost appears that there is a forth button I haven't buttoned. This is the best I've come up with, and kind of like it, but looking for input. Bookster tweed cap, Loro Piana ivory turtleneck, Brioni Navy blue cords, Bally shoes. This kind of has a Gatsby look to me, dated, but perhaps thats not bad. Thanks Guys. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
The coat is definitely long on you.
What happens if you don't button the top button? Does the lapel roll over the third button, or are the lapels creased such that this doesn't happen? If it rolls, this would definitely help. You could just button the middle button.
Also, don't button the bottom button, that's not helping...post #40699 of 7872412/1/12 at 2:02pmpost #40700 of 7872412/1/12 at 2:16pmQuote:
yywwyy... I went back to find your pic (can't repost it here for some reason)... maybe it's because you are standing in a shadow in a hotel room and the fit is 95% indiscernible in the photo. I'm being honest here... what is there to be commented on aside from the silhouette... which looks fine btw (from what I can see!)post #40701 of 7872412/1/12 at 2:16pmQuote:
That means you didn't do anything wrong, but it is also ... "boring" (your own word). Your picture is dark, hard to really see anything clearly enough to comment on. Overall, looks pretty solid.post #40702 of 7872412/1/12 at 4:23pmpost #40703 of 7872412/1/12 at 4:24pmpost #40704 of 7872412/1/12 at 4:26pm@PTW:
It's rare indeed to see a jacket these days that runs longer than the wearer's hands. Usually shortening a jacket more than a fraction throws off all the lower proportion but you could chop several inches off that and make it fit you better, and actually improve the proportion (as long as you don't fasten te lower button!)post #40705 of 7872412/1/12 at 4:36pmQuote:Originally Posted by DerekS
all the clothing is mine....she comes to my place and brings her samples. we both go hrough my closet and find things. Its really nice to have an outsider dig through and try different things...she's paired such obvious combos of mine together that i for some reason NEVER realized. she trusts me probably far too much and leaves a lot of it up to me though.
this sounds awesome. i wish i was a handsome douchebag like you, and people would pay me to help make awesome combos.
onix, long time no see. how have you been?
seamaster - awesome fit!post #40706 of 7872412/1/12 at 5:04pmpost #40707 of 7872412/1/12 at 5:06pmQuote:
YY Now here is a pic of yourself that I am sure was complimented on a lot and would be commented on definitely again.It definitely was a great pic of you..
I hope you can remember it well, you were looking so good, the lighting was good, we could see what you were wearing. Hell back then we even buttoned your second button and put a pocket square in for you. The accessories made all the difference.
Where am I going with this...
Well you looked so good in your outfit that we all remarked on it a lot and we so much wanting you so it better next time, cos, let's face it, you can dress quite nicely when you want to, which unfortunately is not too often, so maybe you could make all us lurkers here so happy and post regular "real cool" posts like these more often. I will then from my part comment every post....
What do you say yy?? Back to glory days... Let us know..post #40708 of 7872412/1/12 at 5:11pmpost #40709 of 7872412/1/12 at 5:11pmOh crap. I hate that fit. I remember getting some great feedback back then, which has led to my tastes changing quite the bit. I don't have a proper camera, so I'm looking for one currently- we'll see what happens. Thanks for the kind words!post #40710 of 7872412/1/12 at 5:37pmQuote:
yeah, it does feel kind of "forever alone" when you get no comments, but it also usually means, you have not done anything egregious.Quote:
fantastic. glad to hear you are well. indeed, it is. well, almost.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › The Official RRL Thread 1 minute ago
- › 2014 50 Book Challenge 1 minute ago
- › The Ultimate Vass Porn Thread 4 minutes ago
- › What shoes for walking around town? 7 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 7 minutes ago
- › ***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)*** 8 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 8 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 13 minutes ago
- › OUR LEGACY Polka Dot Flannel Jumbo Shirt 15 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 21 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)