Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:48 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
Last edited: 8/10/15
- The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s Moral and Sartorial...Last edited: 8/10/15
- David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88Last edited: 7/26/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2714post #40696 of 7872112/1/12 at 1:40pmTrying to work with this cashmere Armani jacket (black label, which may make it a little better than the usual Armani crap) from Ebay ($60). Was disappointed when I first received it, but maybe there is hope. It is only 2 inches longer than jackets that would appear slightly short on me (per pocketsquares guy's recommendation to me) , but with the 3 button style it looks very long to me. I buttoned all 3 buttons because it almost appears that there is a forth button I haven't buttoned. This is the best I've come up with, and kind of like it, but looking for input. Bookster tweed cap, Loro Piana ivory turtleneck, Brioni Navy blue cords, Bally shoes. This kind of has a Gatsby look to me, dated, but perhaps thats not bad. Thanks Guys.
Styleforum Top Pickspost #40697 of 7872112/1/12 at 1:45pmQuote:Originally Posted by PTWilliams
Trying to work with this cashmere Armani jacket (black label, which may make it a little better than the usual Armani crap) from Ebay ($60). Was disappointed when I first received it, but maybe there is hope. It is only 2 inches longer than jackets that would appear slightly short on me (per pocketsquares guy's recommendation to me) , but with the 3 button style it looks very long to me. I buttoned all 3 buttons because it almost appears that there is a forth button I haven't buttoned. This is the best I've come up with, and kind of like it, but looking for input. Bookster tweed cap, Loro Piana ivory turtleneck, Brioni Navy blue cords, Bally shoes. This kind of has a Gatsby look to me, dated, but perhaps thats not bad. Thanks Guys. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
The coat is definitely long on you.
What happens if you don't button the top button? Does the lapel roll over the third button, or are the lapels creased such that this doesn't happen? If it rolls, this would definitely help. You could just button the middle button.
Also, don't button the bottom button, that's not helping...post #40698 of 7872112/1/12 at 2:02pmpost #40699 of 7872112/1/12 at 2:16pmQuote:
yywwyy... I went back to find your pic (can't repost it here for some reason)... maybe it's because you are standing in a shadow in a hotel room and the fit is 95% indiscernible in the photo. I'm being honest here... what is there to be commented on aside from the silhouette... which looks fine btw (from what I can see!)post #40700 of 7872112/1/12 at 2:16pmQuote:
That means you didn't do anything wrong, but it is also ... "boring" (your own word). Your picture is dark, hard to really see anything clearly enough to comment on. Overall, looks pretty solid.post #40701 of 7872112/1/12 at 4:23pmpost #40702 of 7872112/1/12 at 4:24pmpost #40703 of 7872112/1/12 at 4:26pm@PTW:
It's rare indeed to see a jacket these days that runs longer than the wearer's hands. Usually shortening a jacket more than a fraction throws off all the lower proportion but you could chop several inches off that and make it fit you better, and actually improve the proportion (as long as you don't fasten te lower button!)post #40704 of 7872112/1/12 at 4:36pmQuote:Originally Posted by DerekS
all the clothing is mine....she comes to my place and brings her samples. we both go hrough my closet and find things. Its really nice to have an outsider dig through and try different things...she's paired such obvious combos of mine together that i for some reason NEVER realized. she trusts me probably far too much and leaves a lot of it up to me though.
this sounds awesome. i wish i was a handsome douchebag like you, and people would pay me to help make awesome combos.
onix, long time no see. how have you been?
seamaster - awesome fit!post #40705 of 7872112/1/12 at 5:04pmpost #40706 of 7872112/1/12 at 5:06pmQuote:
YY Now here is a pic of yourself that I am sure was complimented on a lot and would be commented on definitely again.It definitely was a great pic of you..
I hope you can remember it well, you were looking so good, the lighting was good, we could see what you were wearing. Hell back then we even buttoned your second button and put a pocket square in for you. The accessories made all the difference.
Where am I going with this...
Well you looked so good in your outfit that we all remarked on it a lot and we so much wanting you so it better next time, cos, let's face it, you can dress quite nicely when you want to, which unfortunately is not too often, so maybe you could make all us lurkers here so happy and post regular "real cool" posts like these more often. I will then from my part comment every post....
What do you say yy?? Back to glory days... Let us know..post #40707 of 7872112/1/12 at 5:11pmpost #40708 of 7872112/1/12 at 5:11pmOh crap. I hate that fit. I remember getting some great feedback back then, which has led to my tastes changing quite the bit. I don't have a proper camera, so I'm looking for one currently- we'll see what happens. Thanks for the kind words!post #40709 of 7872112/1/12 at 5:37pmQuote:
yeah, it does feel kind of "forever alone" when you get no comments, but it also usually means, you have not done anything egregious.Quote:
fantastic. glad to hear you are well. indeed, it is. well, almost.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s Moral and Sartorial...
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Why wear a wrist watch when you could easily consult your phone for... 1 minute ago
- › Carmina burgundy punched cap toe, Rain last, Tomir sole 6 minutes ago
- › GMTO Carmina Split Toe Derby 7 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 8 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 11 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 13 minutes ago
- › The Hanger Project: Affiliate thread 13 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 15 minutes ago
- › E.G. Cappelli Store now LIVE! 16 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015