Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 2:59 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2714post #40696 of 7872212/1/12 at 1:20pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #40697 of 7872212/1/12 at 1:40pmTrying to work with this cashmere Armani jacket (black label, which may make it a little better than the usual Armani crap) from Ebay ($60). Was disappointed when I first received it, but maybe there is hope. It is only 2 inches longer than jackets that would appear slightly short on me (per pocketsquares guy's recommendation to me) , but with the 3 button style it looks very long to me. I buttoned all 3 buttons because it almost appears that there is a forth button I haven't buttoned. This is the best I've come up with, and kind of like it, but looking for input. Bookster tweed cap, Loro Piana ivory turtleneck, Brioni Navy blue cords, Bally shoes. This kind of has a Gatsby look to me, dated, but perhaps thats not bad. Thanks Guys.post #40698 of 7872212/1/12 at 1:45pmQuote:Originally Posted by PTWilliams
Trying to work with this cashmere Armani jacket (black label, which may make it a little better than the usual Armani crap) from Ebay ($60). Was disappointed when I first received it, but maybe there is hope. It is only 2 inches longer than jackets that would appear slightly short on me (per pocketsquares guy's recommendation to me) , but with the 3 button style it looks very long to me. I buttoned all 3 buttons because it almost appears that there is a forth button I haven't buttoned. This is the best I've come up with, and kind of like it, but looking for input. Bookster tweed cap, Loro Piana ivory turtleneck, Brioni Navy blue cords, Bally shoes. This kind of has a Gatsby look to me, dated, but perhaps thats not bad. Thanks Guys. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
The coat is definitely long on you.
What happens if you don't button the top button? Does the lapel roll over the third button, or are the lapels creased such that this doesn't happen? If it rolls, this would definitely help. You could just button the middle button.
Also, don't button the bottom button, that's not helping...post #40699 of 7872212/1/12 at 2:02pmpost #40700 of 7872212/1/12 at 2:16pmQuote:
yywwyy... I went back to find your pic (can't repost it here for some reason)... maybe it's because you are standing in a shadow in a hotel room and the fit is 95% indiscernible in the photo. I'm being honest here... what is there to be commented on aside from the silhouette... which looks fine btw (from what I can see!)post #40701 of 7872212/1/12 at 2:16pmQuote:
That means you didn't do anything wrong, but it is also ... "boring" (your own word). Your picture is dark, hard to really see anything clearly enough to comment on. Overall, looks pretty solid.post #40702 of 7872212/1/12 at 4:23pmpost #40703 of 7872212/1/12 at 4:24pmpost #40704 of 7872212/1/12 at 4:26pm@PTW:
It's rare indeed to see a jacket these days that runs longer than the wearer's hands. Usually shortening a jacket more than a fraction throws off all the lower proportion but you could chop several inches off that and make it fit you better, and actually improve the proportion (as long as you don't fasten te lower button!)post #40705 of 7872212/1/12 at 4:36pmQuote:Originally Posted by DerekS
all the clothing is mine....she comes to my place and brings her samples. we both go hrough my closet and find things. Its really nice to have an outsider dig through and try different things...she's paired such obvious combos of mine together that i for some reason NEVER realized. she trusts me probably far too much and leaves a lot of it up to me though.
this sounds awesome. i wish i was a handsome douchebag like you, and people would pay me to help make awesome combos.
onix, long time no see. how have you been?
seamaster - awesome fit!post #40706 of 7872212/1/12 at 5:04pmpost #40707 of 7872212/1/12 at 5:06pmQuote:
YY Now here is a pic of yourself that I am sure was complimented on a lot and would be commented on definitely again.It definitely was a great pic of you..
I hope you can remember it well, you were looking so good, the lighting was good, we could see what you were wearing. Hell back then we even buttoned your second button and put a pocket square in for you. The accessories made all the difference.
Where am I going with this...
Well you looked so good in your outfit that we all remarked on it a lot and we so much wanting you so it better next time, cos, let's face it, you can dress quite nicely when you want to, which unfortunately is not too often, so maybe you could make all us lurkers here so happy and post regular "real cool" posts like these more often. I will then from my part comment every post....
What do you say yy?? Back to glory days... Let us know..post #40708 of 7872212/1/12 at 5:11pmpost #40709 of 7872212/1/12 at 5:11pmOh crap. I hate that fit. I remember getting some great feedback back then, which has led to my tastes changing quite the bit. I don't have a proper camera, so I'm looking for one currently- we'll see what happens. Thanks for the kind words!post #40710 of 7872212/1/12 at 5:37pmQuote:
yeah, it does feel kind of "forever alone" when you get no comments, but it also usually means, you have not done anything egregious.Quote:
fantastic. glad to hear you are well. indeed, it is. well, almost.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 39 seconds ago
- › The Ikire Jones Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › NIKE Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 4 minutes ago
- › *** Visvim thread: Dissertation on a Japanese Holy Spirit *** 4 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 5 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 5 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 9 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...
- › Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?
- › Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get Blogged
- › What it Means to be Made in Italy
- › How to Smell Fabulous in Florence (and Beyond)
- › The Current State of Americana
- › The Styleforum Brief: February 2015
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...