or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2707  

post #40591 of 78722

Hard to tell what's wrong with the shoulders from these pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDiaz View Post

Everytime I decide to wear this jacket I end up pissed. I think I should just accept the shoulders look like crap, donate it and move on. Too bad cause I love the cloth. And no tailor here makes MTM different than this - it's all overly constructed, low armhole monstrosities. Back to RTW!

 

Tie is made of wool (crappy pics may make it look like a pin dot silk).

 

700

 

700  700

post #40592 of 78722
Today's sports jacket was recently re-tailored for me, taken down from a size 44 to a size 42. I think that my alterations tailor did a creditable job with it.

Sports jacket, shirt, tie, trousers, and overcoat - BB
PS - Robert Talbott
Shoes - AE Sevens
Scarf - Johnston's of Elgin, via Westaway and Westaway, London
Hat - Tesi


Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)









post #40593 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic Man View Post

Hard to tell what's wrong with the shoulders from these pics.

I know - the affected "buttoning jacket" pose has the purpose of illustrating how bad the shoulders-sleeves look when I lift my arms just a little amount. I can't even move them any further without feeling overly constricted. I'm already pretty sure it has to do with forward shoulders - just can't find an alterations tailor who is skilled enough to fix it.

post #40594 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDiaz View Post

I know - the affected "buttoning jacket" pose has the purpose of illustrating how bad the shoulders-sleeves look when I lift my arms just a little amount. I can't even move them any further without feeling overly constricted. I'm already pretty sure it has to do with forward shoulders - just can't find an alterations tailor who is skilled enough to fix it.

 

If it bothers you that much you will probably never be happy with it. Might as well get rid of it. But personally I don't think I'd be as unpleased with it as you are.

post #40595 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

Sites be imitating Boxden smh

post #40596 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic Man View Post

 

If it bothers you that much you will probably never be happy with it. Might as well get rid of it. But personally I don't think I'd be as unpleased with it as you are.

Problem is that most real tailors here make bespoke suits, but do not offer an alterations service for garments made elsewhere. I think a skilled tailor should be able to fix it and make me happy ($$$ he would charge is worth it if he can save the jacket) , but I still have to find one tounge.gif

 

I'm extremely happy with how it fits everywhere else, that's why the shoulders being so off annoys me.

post #40597 of 78722
Rdiaz, it is hard to tell from the pictures, but my guess is that this is a very "English style" coat (a bit more constructed) and your personal style trends towards something softer. But to my eye, judging only by appearances, that is a great looking coat in terms of fit, fabric, and cut.
post #40598 of 78722

I like both constructed and softer jackets (I prefer a softer shoulder, you're right, but I appreciate both styles). The problem with a more structured jacket is that it needs to fit really well, otherwise you end up looking like an armored Dick Tracy mobster tounge.gif

 

Now that I'm a bit less pissed I'll resume my search for a real tailor who will do alterations and see if he can shift the shoulders, and while he's at it, maybe he can slope the shoulders so the armhole comes up a bit. smile.gif

post #40599 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic Man View Post

Velly lock and loll.

Before giving you a Thumbs Up I want to hear your Korean.
post #40600 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDiaz View Post


 

Too many colors in here. How about a brownish tie? Or blue/gray trousers, of course.
post #40601 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by taelimoh View Post





Herringbone Coat - Dior Homme
Denim Jacket - Dolce & Gabbana
Vest - Dolce & Gabbna
Shirt - Jil Sander

Not shown in the pictures but also wore Jil Sander black oxford pants and Dior Homme retro GAT's with them.

you should try posting in the streetwear and denim sub forum.
post #40602 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elegantly Wasted View Post


Before giving you a Thumbs Up I want to hear your Korean.

 

post #40603 of 78722
I'm just trying to determine the "that" with which Matt would not wipe his ass.
post #40604 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by dapperj View Post

700

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnboy View Post

Good looking collar and tie there dapper. Good knot!!

How about showing a bit more of this outfit.

 

Thanks.  Too late to take more pictures.

 

Shirt - Tom Ford

Tie - Brioni

Cashmere Cardigan - Loro Piana

 

I was also wearing gray, flat-front, Incotex High Comfort Super 120's and Ferragamo Lavorazione Originale loafers.

 

Topped it off with a spritz of Green Irish Tweed.

post #40605 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

I'm just trying to determine the "that" with which Matt would not wipe his ass.

+1
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III