or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2697

post #40441 of 75931
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingMonkey View Post

One very very annoying things about SF of late is the ability of some posters to turn threads into threaks about themselves. Can I suggest that all of us at least think about whether it is worth engaging in more than simply the usual polite critique on the WAYWRN-type threads in particular, otherwise we end of with a downward spiral in which those particular posters dominate to the exclusion of a a more useful critical sharing of fits and views form a wider range of people.
I am deliberately not mentioning names here and I am not even interested in discussing who prompted this comment because I think this is about how we all decide to post rather than targeting individuals.

InStitches
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekS View Post

i wish some people had this same outlook. I think a lot of people forget how easy it is to SCROLL PAST SOMETHING YOU DONT LIKE AND STOP FUCKING COMPLAINING.
Id hate to see how some folks are in real life. must be total pains to deal with.

I disagree with your complaint.




I like inStitches, but every other post is by him. I don't want to put him on ignore, because he's a nice guy and occasionally says funny things about pants.

What to do.
post #40442 of 75931
Quote:
Originally Posted by NORE View Post

Hint: He sits in one of these and slowly spins around revealing tented hands a la Monty Burns when you enter the room while going, muhuhuhahahahahaaaaaa! Also, I can picture him slowly stroking a cat although I've never witnessed that personally.

So he's a guy that sits on a large chair and strokes a pussy(cat)? Sounds like an OK dude to me.
post #40443 of 75931
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orgetorix View Post

IMG_1171.jpg

Finally a SF member who deserves to have a whiteboard.
post #40444 of 75931
Again, I can't prove the cat thing.
post #40445 of 75931
I'm pretty sure Fred is the offspring of this guy:

post #40446 of 75931
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post

.

Why does this commercial remind me of you?
post #40447 of 75931
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic Man View Post

Everything says that this jacket is the right length but I can't put my finger on why it still looks short to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

cant help you there, looks fine to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedges View Post

I will have to agree on that! It does look alittle off but it could be because of the sleeves being so short which is throwing everything off?

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

Orge gets that a lot. It is very minor. Perhaps he just has long arms. People tend to look at hands relative to the hem without looking at the whole picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post

oh and sitiches your jacket is too short (and the pants sitting too low on your waist) and Orge's jacket, while not technically short, he would benefit from a longer jacket to balance out his short torso.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic Man View Post

I would have thought that would be a symptom of having short arms. Other than any of those considerations it's a really good look.

I do get comments about short jackets a lot. Partly it's justified, because I really need a medium-long but they're rare as hens' teeth and I prefer to err on the short side. My ideal BOC jacket length is about 31" or 31.5" but I have jackets as short as 30.5" (including this one) and as long as 32". I'm just not that picky about it, and bein' as how my stuff is mostly thrifted, I can't afford to be picky. As long as it covers my butt I go with it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabrigian View Post

Finally a SF member who deserves to have a whiteboard.

I just pose with that to look smart.
post #40448 of 75931
Quote:
Originally Posted by acridsheep View Post

InStitches
I disagree with your complaint.
I like inStitches, but every other post is by him. I don't want to put him on ignore, because he's a nice guy and occasionally says funny things about pants.
What to do.

i dont know. what do you think you should do?

i agree with derek. there are plenty of people here that for one reason or another i dont enjoy their posts. but this is a free forum where people can post as they like. its all for leisure (assuming you are not a vendor who also has a business angle), and who am i to tell someone they cant enjoy the forum the way they want to.

if i dont like what they have to say, i scroll past it, or read it anyways, cuz sometimes, they do have something worthwhile/funny/insightful to say. either way, i dont get hot and bothered by it. its just an outlet to learn and mess around with mostly like-minded individuals.
post #40449 of 75931
Would like to see the outfit without the overcoat, but what I can see looks good. Understated, classic.

(and "Tirailleur" is a cool moniker. Are you ex military?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirailleur1 View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


post #40450 of 75931
If I know who that is, does that make me a nerd? (and an old nerd at that?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by acridsheep View Post

I'm pretty sure Fred is the offspring of this guy:
post #40451 of 75931
Quote:
Originally Posted by acridsheep View Post

I disagree with your complaint.
I like inStitches, but every other post is by him. I don't want to put him on ignore, because he's a nice guy and occasionally says funny things about pants.
What to do.

I didnt complain about anything.

Im about to complain about something now though...hearing people complain about someones frequency of posting is getting old as fuck. i get sick of hearing it. if FM is so annoyed by stitch, scroll past his posts. no need to point it out. again. and start this. again.

its a goddamn clothing forum. post about some goddamn clothing.
post #40452 of 75931
(and "Tirailleur" is a cool moniker. Are you ex military?)

I could see him in a white cap chasing gold diggers in French Guyana. But his tie seems to have a Veritas design, not the emblem of the League of Foreigners.
post #40453 of 75931
HOW ABOUT WE ALL SHUT THE FUCK UP AND POST PICS OF CLOTHING?
post #40454 of 75931
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post

Since my name was mentioned three times, I must appear...........
On the rise issue, you are all basically saying the same thing, just kind of talking through each other. Stitchy, you are not entirely incorrect in that a higher rise will lead to crotch droop but that is on incorrectly fitting pants. A higher rise will simply have the pants sit higher up on your waist, assuming you account for the increase in waist size as you move up (assuming you don't have an Adonis-like body like myself). On some people, their waist might be 34 inches when the pants sit 3 inches below the navel, but move up to 34.5-35 inches when you move the pants up an inch or two on the waist so a 1-2 inch higher rise on that person, keeping a 34 waist, will lead to MC Hammer. Stiches, on your custom (not MTM!!!) pants, we are doing a bit higher rise but we also accounted for a bit bigger waist. We are also doing a fitting so we can look at issues before the pants get finished. Your inseam won't change regardless of rise, assuming you are wearing the pants in the same spot on your waist, which as I mentioned is not always the case for everyone.
now that that is done, can someone tell me who the hell this Fred49 character is and why we are talking about him confused.gif
How dare you sir!!
post #40455 of 75931
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekS View Post

I didnt complain about anything.
Im about to complain about something now though...hearing people complain about someones frequency of posting is getting old as fuck. i get sick of hearing it. if FM is so annoyed by stitch, scroll past his posts. no need to point it out. again. and start this. again.
its a goddamn clothing forum. post about some goddamn clothing.

Church.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III