Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 4:26 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2695post #40411 of 7871911/28/12 at 9:54am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #40412 of 7871911/28/12 at 9:57am
I like the tie but I don't know if I like it in this combo. At first sight it seems to say "TIE! I'M A TIE, LOOK AT ME!" I'm trying to figure out if a pocket square might balance out the contrast a bit but I doubt it.post #40413 of 7871911/28/12 at 10:08ampost #40414 of 7871911/28/12 at 10:15ampost #40415 of 7871911/28/12 at 10:16ampost #40416 of 7871911/28/12 at 10:17amcylon, im not a huge fan of that type of point collar, and i think you could stand for a teeny bit less break, but those are really personal preferences. its really a great fit and color/texture combo, imo.
kudos to your wife for indulging you.post #40417 of 7871911/28/12 at 10:17amQuote:
I'm no expert in any way, but I like this. Shoes are fantastic and I think that fit is good. I would use a spread collar but that's in my case. Tie is also beautiful.post #40418 of 7871911/28/12 at 10:19amI don't mind it. It adds some personality to an endeavor that would otherwise be somewhat impersonal and clinical.
When things get too long-winded, I just scroll down to the next post that has a picture in it.Quote:Originally Posted by FlyingMonkey
One very very annoying things about SF of late is the ability of some posters to turn threads into threaks about themselves. Can I suggest that all of us at least think about whether it is worth engaging in more than simply the usual polite critique on the WAYWRN-type threads in particular, otherwise we end of with a downward spiral in which those particular posters dominate to the exclusion of a a more useful critical sharing of fits and views form a wider range of people.
I am deliberately not mentioning names here and I am not even interested in discussing who prompted this comment because I think this is about how we all decide to post rather than targeting individuals.post #40419 of 7871911/28/12 at 10:26ampost #40420 of 7871911/28/12 at 10:52ampost #40421 of 7871911/28/12 at 10:53ampost #40422 of 7871911/28/12 at 11:12ampost #40423 of 7871911/28/12 at 11:13ampost #40424 of 7871911/28/12 at 11:14am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 27 seconds ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 56 seconds ago
- › things that are making you happy 2 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 5 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part Three 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL 7 minutes ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 8 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 8 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?