bespoke SC, BB tie, Borrelli shirt, JCrew bowery fit trous, McNairy 'fuck off' square,Loake suede captoes, GMT IIc and creed bois du portugual.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 2/18/14 at 2:14am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Le Noeud Papillon
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2693
Styleforum Top Picks
My curse, and my burden, is that my bathroom light turns all things blue and pink into white. On the plus side, I got a camera tripod. On the negative, I neglected to get a remote...focusing was a hassle...so no more such pictures one is purchased.
One side of the sweater is wonky. The pockets are aligned, so I have no idea (nor do I really care)
A higher rise would help lengthen a shorter guy, as long as there is relative proportion to his physique. If said subject has a short torso, he might want to stay away from a high waist (but that is true of all folks with a short torso).
A high waist on an overweight man is a bit more tricky. I suppose it could work if attempted with a dark trouser and and full leg paired with a chunky shoe to anchor the body. It could also be a disaster if a light color trouser is worn which might draw attention to the lower abdomen area (isn't that called a fumpa?).
I think 12' is the perfect rise. High but not to high! Epaulet's trousers are a must : - )
why do I think that even if ed magically appeared and would disagree with you, like everybody else already, that you would still stubbornly hold on to your opinion?
it's a miracle that you are not buttoning the bottom button on your jackets because clearly, there is a button and a button hole, why wouldn't you button it then? it's so comfortable.
why dont you go eat some poisonous mushrooms or something.
also, see below.
Stitchy, think about it this way. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
You can only really want the crotch low enough that it doesn't cramp your boys. Once you satisfy that condition, it gets harder to walk, not more comfortable. Now when you look at the Sartorialist or any non-Michael Alden photo from Pitti, you see that some guys even relax the no-moosenuckle condition. And like Sugarbutch said, dropcrotch is only for streetwear. But on classical stuff, difference in crotch room is measured in centimeters.
You could, however, want trousers that came a little further up your waist. If you wanted to wear a vest, for instance, and didn't want you waistband showing from underneath it. I'm with you - I prefer my pants to sit at one particular spot on my waist. For me - a low rise (i.e. a position right on my hips).
So crotch room is static but how far up your waist the pants come is variable. It's ambiguous from the measurements but that's how they does it.
Crotch room is determined by inseam length relative to the length of your legs. Rise is determined by outseam length relative to inseam length.
upon waking this morning, i have come to the realization, that i must have been high off my ass last night. no idea what i was going on about. i was making no sense at all. thanks for indulging my stupidity.
Solid green shirts probably don't have a reason to exist. But if they did, and if that shade were a little less... not appealing... (which it might be since you said the color was wonky in the photo), it would be an Easter or summer shirt. The sort of thing you wear with a blazer or cotton suit.
It doesn't go with a dark madder tie, even if the tie itself were less unattractive. And it doesn't go with tweed.
I love covert twill for trousers though.
See? That wasn't so hard, was it?
It's not my favorite shirt, so I won't defend it too much. The categorical statement that it doesn't go with tweed does strike me as an overstatement, though.
I will not have the tie disparaged, sir. Handbags at dawn!
I think they look great and flattering, but most people would think they look even more old-mannish than the same pants on a thin dude.
What I really hate are high rise flat fronts on a bigger man, no matter how well cut! Front arse is not a good look...
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 8 seconds ago
- › Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures 49 seconds ago
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 1 minute ago
- › Creepy Sartorial Images 1 minute ago
- › Top 10 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! 1 minute ago
- › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine 3 minutes ago
- › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 8 minutes ago
- › GRAIL: NWOT Gordon Yao bespoke H&S Crispaire Navy Fresco Jacket 10 minutes ago
- › Things your dumb friends post on facebook 10 minutes ago
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers) by alyssaw